Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EA says no to Sega making a NFL game

Default EA says no to Sega making a NFL game

I just decided to put this news in cause i thought people would be wanting a NFL 2k game. Well i heard from a buddy of mine from the Xbox Scene that it might just be for this year cause EA has a licenses to NFL and said that Sega cannot make a NFL game. So thats right the personal fans of Sega Sports games will have to go to EA for NFL. This sucks but atleast we will have NHL 2k5 made by Sega and Sega Sports games rock and EA sucks.

Eric

Default Re: EA says no to Sega making a NFL game

For better clarification: *NFL & NFLPA have given has an exclusive agreement with EA Sports. *ESPN/SEGA/Visual Concepts can still create a football game, but it will be without the actual players and teams. *Say hello Phoenix, Charlotte, and East Rutherford :P

This sets a dangerous precedent, and I ****ing doubt this will last long. *Public backlash should be horredous.

EDIT: *Let me back up a bit. *I truly think public outcry will not change anything because it's been obvious gamers are sheep. *I still don't think this exclusive agreement will last past 2 seasons.

Yeah i am not to sure either i just got the info from a buddy but if EA has rights and they are allowed to do this it will happen. Doesnt matter how much people love NFL 2k games cause this will just be away for EA to push there games to people but it will not work for me.

Eric

Default Re: EA says no to EVERYBODY making a NFL game

CFL 2k6, here we come!

Seriously, though...I doubt that the majority of the general gaming public will care if Madden's the only game in town. I mean, it (admittedly) has been the bigger brand name amongst the mainstream consumer for years, and that's how EA likes it. With their exclusive deal with the NFL, they're now guaranteeing that fact. Personally, if it were up to me, we'd all still be playing Tecmo Bowl and using Bo Jackson to rack up yards like no tomorrow.

Oh, and I had to change the subject title a bit...you don't mind, right?

DCEmu Rookie

They couldn't stand a little competition, which is what Sega was giving them with their lower priced, better titles. So at least on the football front, they will now totally dominate the market, which is what they desire most.

Alot of people now prefer the 2k games more the EA i think the word might get out to more people. I talk to my friends now and they used to be big fans of the EA games i just recently talked to one and he said he might possibly get a 2k game not just cause they really kicked on the dreamcast but just from hearing alot from me and magazines that the 2k games are alot better then the EA games. If EA takes NFL away from Sega so what EA can make money from the NFL games and Sega can rank in more money selling NHL 2k and other 2k games. EA is flunking bad in sports games now a days.

Eric

DCEmu Pro

Their fifa series isnt too bad, thats real football, soccer to the yanks, but the exclusivity wont last long, just look at tomb raider, sega had an exclusive deal for a while on the first one, that lasted about a month, then sony got an exclusive deal for a few, but by the time it came to the forth one, everyone had tomb raider again, unfortunately.

I heard alot about the Tomb Raiders game and one of the Tomb Raiders games was made by Crave software i believe not to sure but they said they will never run to them again cause of the horrible graphics display cause the games could have done so much better on the next gen systems

The first Tomb Raider was great. The problem was, they never improved the engine for the sequels. They just kept putting out the same game year after year.

Kind of like Madden.

Yeah thats what i mean they did that with the next gen systems and the one game and i think last one they made for the next gen systems was a flop and didn't sell cause many people like me thought it could have done so much better but thats cause they ran to the wrong company to produce this game after noticing the game was exactly the same in graphics as N64,PS1 and Dreamcast versions they decided to run to another company

Sorry i have to run cause i have to pick up a new monitor for my other pc so i couldnt edit this message i hope you all understand

Thanks

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information