Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dreamshell - A DC 'OS'

Default Re: Dreamshell - A DC 'OS'

That about formats of files DS:
    .gz -the Archive gzip, is unpacked and packed by a command - gz
    .dsr -Ромдиск, it is a batch file which is connected in DS as a folder by a command - romdisk
    .vm -Is pure(clean) VMU a file (RAW), it is converted by a command - vmcp
    .bin -Is a program for Dreamcast, it is started by a command - exec
    .dsc -Is скрипт it is started by a command - dscript

I can write the name of a file in such kind:
    file.dsr.gz.vm Is it means that ромдиск which is packed in gz archive and is converted in VMU a file. Still an example:
    file.bin.gz Is means that it .bin a file (program) packed in gz archive.
    I advise to adhere to you to the same engineering that to people it was clear with what they deal. In name VMU of a file certainly all can will not go in, therefore it is possible to write it in explanatory VMU of a file (it is written when you convert what or a file in VMU a file).

Transition upward.
    The information about скрипте (DScript):

It is a text file in which commands are registered, at his(its) start all commands which there are written executed. Each command(team) should begin with a new line, коментарий is designated is familiar a lattice - * if before inscription to put this mark all that goes after that mark will not be considered as a command(team), the program will bypass this line and will start to execute following.

#DScript
    #The explanatory about assignment
    #DScript author
    Commands(teams)...
    #end

Naturally all should be written by the English letters!
    Initially at start DS, DS searches on yours VMU script which should it will be executed right after a trade mark, and already then DS will enable to enter commands(teams) itself. If DS does not find it(him) loads the, it(he) lays here -/rd/scripts/main.dsc
    You can make the script, is direct in mail of a browser, then to keep it(him) on VMU as the letter. In DS it is necessary to you конвертитовать this letter in a simple text file, here is how it is done(made):

vmcp -tf /vmu/a1/DREAMKEY.W00 /ram/script.dsc

Now you almost ready скрипт, but have one проблемка, the browser writes down in the first 64 байта a file, the information on this file and when скрипт will be will be executed, DS to you few times will tell such as error, such command(team) is not present and so on. Therefore you need to throw out these 64 байта from a top of yours скрипта, it is done(made) so:

readf /ram/script.dsc/ram/script1.dsc dscript_size 1024-64_bites 65

You can learn(find out) the size of your file a command(team) ls with a flag-l, the command(team) ls shows what files is in that directory in which you are and if to this command(team) to add a flag-ls together with names of files, DS will show also their size (in байтах). Transition on directories is carried out by a command(team) cd and to learn(find out) in what directory you be enter a command(team) pwd.
    Премер:

cd /ram
    ls -l

We have learned(found out) the size of our file (for example), it is necessary to throw out 1024 bytes from the size of a file 64 байта which we pass(miss) and now we enter it(him) in in a command(team) readf:

readf /ram/script.dsc/ram/script1.dsc 960 65

Now at you is ready скрипт, it(he) lays here /ram/script1.dsc
    DS searches скрипт here /vmu/a1/DScript.dsc
    That is to you it(he) needs to be copied on yours VMU and to name file DScript.dsc

cd / (it if you were in a directory /ram)
    cp /ram/script1.dsc /vmu/a1/DScript.dsc

Now at you on VMU the not clear file which дрим will accept as spoiled though actually it not so, I advise for such will lay has put to get(start) to itself separate VMU, to not prevent other files. Apparently to the address, VMU should be inserted in слот A the first джойстика.
    In the main thing скрипте (which грузится it is primary with VMU) obligatory commands (only for version 1.3.0, to versions is lower than this, are not necessary these obligatory commands(teams)) should be entered, differently DS can work incorrectly, that there should be:

#DScript
    #Main script
    #Autor
    echo Initing libraryes...
    init_lib -net
    echo NET. OK
    init_lib -lwip
    echo lwip. OK
    init_lib -snd
    echo Snd. OK
    init_lib -ogg
    echo Ogg. OK
    init_lib -mp3
    echo Mp3. OK
    echo Libraryes inited
    sleep 500
    Now your commands...
    #end

The command echo is not obligatory, she(it) simply displays the information. Well and the command sleep does(makes) a delay on 500 milliseconds (a floor of second), for a respite)) вообщем too it is not necessary to write her(it), but everything else should be!!!
    You can appoint the скрипт to buttons F1-F12, for this purpose you need to enter a command:

syscfg -F1 dscript_address
    syscfg -F2 dscript_address
    Etc. up to F12
    It can be registered in the main thing скрипте.

Transition upward.
    Work with the archiver gzip.
    Example compressing:

gz -c/ram/file.ds /ram/file.ds.gz 9

gz is a command(team)
    -с it Is a flag for the command(team), designating - to pack (compress)
    /ram/file.ds Is the address of a file invented by me, you need to write the address of a file which you want to pack on this place.
    /ram/file.ds.gz Is an address where the packed file will be kept.
    9 - it is a level of compression, it(he) is put from 0 up to 9 (that is 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) where 0 it to not compress, and 9 maximal compression, well and on how many to compress (what level to put), it already to solve to you.
    Example of unpacking:

gz -d/ram/file.ds.gz /ram/f.ds

gz - the Command(team)
    -d - the Flag for the command(team), designating - to unpack (decompress)
    /ram/file.ds.gz - which you want to unpack the Address of a file.
    /ram/f.ds - the Address where will be kept the unpacked file

Transition upward.
    Work with romdisk (romdisk):
    Ромдиск (romdisk) is a batch file which includes some files, it(he) has expansion .dsr and with it(him) work as a command(team) - romdisk.
    At this command(team) only 2 flags, it-m and-u.
    -m Means mount romdisk image that is to attach ромдиск (it is attached as a directory).
    -u It unmount romdisk image that is to unhook and удолить romdisk from memory. An example of an attachment:

romdisk -m /ram/rd.dsr /DS

/DS Is a name of a directory in which will be there are files from romdisk - /ram/rd.dsr
    Example deleting romdisk:

romdisk -u /DS
    The same, system, only naturally the name of a file romdisk is not necessary...

Transition upward.
    Transition on directories:
    Transition on directories, is carried out by a command(team) cd
    Initially as soon as DS it was started, you are in the main directory, in this directory there are directories:

/rd
    /ram
    /vmu
    /cd
    /pty
    Directory /rd it built-in romdisk in which there are different files used DS. The directory /ram is operative memory, in this directory you will make different actions, it вообщем your working directory. The directory/vmu is a directory in which there are your cards(maps) of memory, for example if the card(map) is inserted in слот And it will look so: /vmu/a1 the Directory /cd is a disk inserted in GD-ROM Dreamcast. The directory /pty is a system directory, she(it) is not necessary for you. An example of transition on directories:

cd/vmu
    Now you are in a directory/vmu if you want to pass further for example in /a1 that to you it is necessary to write cd a1 that is not necessary to put слеш in the beginning of the name of a directory if you want to proceed(pass) from a directory /vmu in a directory ram that to you necessary to write cd/ram (if costs(stands) ahead слеш the program searches for a directory in the main directory) or cd ../ram
    Two points and slash ../ Means will return on one directory back if you for example want to return on 2 directories назат that to you it is necessary to write ../../
    This ???? with points, to you is useful in other commands in which to you it will be necessary to specify addresses of files, being in what that to a directory.

Transition upward.
    Command exec
    The command exec carries out start Dreamcast of programs, they have expansion .bin
    At this commands( 2 flags it-bin for start .bin files and a flag -elf for start elf files (yet does not work). This command(team) starts unscrambled .bin files, 1st_read.bin which you will find on any disk Dreamcast it scrambled a file, that is самобутящийся, for DS such is not necessary, it(he) can be converted a command(team) scramble. An example of start of programs:

exec -bin /ram/programma.bin

Transition upward.
    Command scramble
    The command(team) scramble serves for converting .bin files from scrambled (1st_read.bin) in idle time and on the contrary, at it 2 flags it-s designates commands(teams) scramble and-d descramble. In DS in general the flag -d that is converting in a simple file is necessary only. An example:

scramble -d /cd/1ST_READ.BIN /ram/proga.bin

To be continue.))

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

[quote author=quzar link=board=news;num=1094070567;start=15#18 date=09/01/04 at 21:51:21]could you please change the link in my post to a proper URL? i dont wanna seem like some sort of warez advocate =P[/quote]

done!

shame on you quzar... go to your room.

omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!omg!!omg!!!omg!!Gotta fix my burner!!

nice translation.

hola, the problem we all have is not what your saying (now that i think about it, it was a pretty reasonable request.) It really is how you say it. I think you really make good arguments and post good points, its just that you are so demanding and sometimes downright rude.
    I am not a mod, and I have no right to tell you what to do. This is more of a friendly request then a demand.

Now then... lets not turn this into the Montel show (an american thing) as so many forums seem to.

Next up on DCEmu UK - Zack, the 200 pound baby and... a woman whose husband didn't love her anymore, after she became a man. ;D
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

chris

Say good translation????
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;D

...ha-h .. ;D Never saw anything like it before ;D

O.K. It's all because...
    Well it's writen on my language

p.s.
    Ну блядь и перевел& #1080; ;D ;D ;D ;D !!!!!!!

chris

BTW!
    I know well this guy,but have no contacts with him
    for a long time...

I'd like to say this software realy suprised me,
    because the last time i have talk with him
    he write's only H.00,S.00,etc. staff

Blog Entries

so in laymans terms, what does this do