Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the Dreamcast Scene Missing?

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Whats the Dreamcast Scene Missing?

With the help of those who visit and work here and outsiders too we want to make this the best site we can, what would be good here thats missing from other Dreamcast sites?[br][br]This Scene can be better we just need to think of innovations to bring more people here.[br][br]The GP32 scene has some great ideas and hopefully we will see a lot more coders coming from there and some of ours doing GP32 stuff also.[br][br]So tell us whats missing :P[br]

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Whats the Dreamcast Scene Missing?

Some one should finish off the Pc engine emulater! maybe with super cd support! Hey how about a dos emulater! that would be really cool! or a MEGA CD emulater! full screen avi player! erm thats it! O yeah SENSIBLE WORLD OF SOCCER PORT FOR DC WITH NEW MUSIC AND UPDATED TEAMS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

*the original Dreamcast development enviroment to be legal for use for all developers
    *full speed Genesis emulator with proper sound emulation
    *more articles/focus in the media
    *PC Engine / TurboGrafx / Duo emulator
    *PlayStation emulator
    *more capable coders *

Also it'd be nice to see (more) atomiswave and naomi conversations - as more commercial games would attract more people to the scene!

Let's hope that the Dreamcast Demo Disc 1 will have some good side effects, too.

Thanx to Max from www.dreamcast-scene.com for his efforts in getting this project started.

What this site's missing?
    - Mmh. My head explodes thinking of sth like that...

It's already a very very well done page I think!

Go on with your good work & thx to all of you!

I'll think of it and maybe I am coming up soon with a little list of things that's currently missing on this site.

*the original Dreamcast development enviroment to be legal for use for all developers

I think you will find that no one would really use it now anyway. People like KOS and beleive its better in some ways to the Sega SDK

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

sega is still using SDK for the ps2, Gcube (xbox? ). so not much chance, but if sega give us more info on the modem and servers....

there have been no atomiswave ports....yet.....come on sammy!

DCEmu Regular

Whats it missing? Well nothing much. Only so much you can do for example if i did nothing more i be happy. Enff with the memorys of i got metal slug on dreamcast along with all the other people that helped on the project.

Kos and the c lib funtions really dont work like there suposed to some times. But are slighty better then katana in ways. No viabration works so nothing really is needed in a homebrew seen out of katana. Which is a lot harder to use i doubt there be half the stuff we have now. If all we ever used was it.

Whats missing a open source webrowser with flash and java support. I think thats the biggest thing missing. Also a html rending engine. Say Html lib that could be linked from the command lin and html formated txt and pictures used.In games for emulators how to use stuff like that could fun and lot easyer.

Having said that emulators i cant see any more to do. Pce one prolly thats it. Not going to be fullspeed ether. Might be like Neogeo CD SDL in speed. Since hugo was ported to SDL. It looks like quiet a bit of work. Team of people that helped me was mostly by chance asking for help on each part i found in the code that needed changing.

I think this sort of hap hazard team work will not work on the pce cd emu.

Every thing i wanted is covered. In the dc scene. I think Some thing like black aura is doing basic interpter is great. I think i was the first to see it running which was cool.

BBC emu I think needs to be updated. I love the bbc who does not but it's to hard to use.

Blog Entries

Actually through the Mess Emu i can think of quite a few emulators id like to see on the Dreamcast.

Amstrad cpc64

Id also like to see even if for a demo a port of the sdl version of Visual Boy Advance.

1 to see how fast gb/gbc games run
    2 to see if homebrew will run on the Dreamcast via the gba side of things.

ian, do you think someday you might do us all a huge favor in the dc community (not that you haven't done a ton already) and port a nice pce emu? that would be fantastic!

I though about this topic for few days and now here is my feeling :

--> A kind of system disk should be cool. Something between an OS and a Utiliities compilation : Imagine DemoMenu with a nice GUI with Icon + DCloadIP built in
    + VMU Manager built in (as Speud's one) + a lots of utils on the disc (text editor, web browser, BA Basic interpreter, MP3 reader, Image viewer etc...). When you exit a program, the Gui just reload as DCLoadIP (by asking swap CD if needed) .

-> A soundTracker or a Rebirth clone

-> More Reverse specific Hardware : GPU and SPU (as BlackAura said in the interview)

-> A little JVM as phone mobile's one

-> An Amstrad CPC, PC Engine & Amiga emulator

[quote author=Prophet link=board=news;num=1081851032;start=0#3 date=04/18/04 at 05:02:10]I think you will find that no one would really use it now anyway. People like KOS and beleive its better in some ways to the Sega SDK[/quote]

Oops, I didn't know that KOS really is that good!
    Sorry! :-[

I always thought about "Why isn't Sega releasing the original development enviroment and their libraries? It'd help the scene so much at creating commercial-like looking homebrew games!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information