Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: USB-to-Serial Module based coders cable

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default USB-to-Serial Module based coders cable

Axlen posted a rather interesting bit of news in this CSV Topic [br][br] Using a USB-Serial UART Interface Module from DLP Design I built a coders cable that allows transfering data at 500,000 baud. The DLP-USB232M is based on a chip manufactured by FTDI. It has drivers for Windows, MAC, and Linux. The required mods to dc-load-serial are minimal and consist of enabling the use of the faster baud. This is the next best thing to a BBA or lan-adaptor for development. I foolishly sold my BBA two years ago and just recently decided to get back into the dcdev world. [br] [br]I wish to thank yuckymucky for providing the link to the FTDI homepage. [br] [br]If anyone has is any interest in building a cable I will post more info to m website over the next few weeks. [br][br]Lets hope we see more of this new project

Default Re: USB-to-Serial Module based coders cable

now, that's great news

very interesting

So if I have a Broadband Adapter or LAN Adapter I dont need a coders cable for development?

BBA adapter and LAN adapter should be exact same (if they are both ethernet interface) thing in theory, as it's TCP/IP standard for IP address, subnet mask, DHCP server, DNS server, Gateway etc, LAN adapter should work for broadband, plug into a ADSL ethernet router...

So if I have a Broadband Adapter or LAN Adapter I dont need a coders cable for development?
    Correct.

Although I'm trying to get rid of my coders cable. I've got 2, and I'm keeping 1. I need the money, so I'm trying to sell it for $10. I think $3 shipping will do.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a line at [email protected]. First come, first serve.

DCEmu Pro

Isnt it just cheaper to buy a coders cable though?

DCEmu Regular

I think coders cables are $10 new and $5 shipping so your saving $2.

DCEmu Coder

Just to jump a bit to the side, I built my brother a coder cable.. now with all great things.. his laptop has no serial ports so he picked up one of those usb-serial devices.. But dc-tool doesn't appear to work with it.. it litterally transfers a byte.. then doesn't do anything after that. before he goes and codes a native win32 app to talk to dcload, anyone know what could be causing the problem?? both the 'nix and cygwin builds have the same effect.
    Using marcus tool an sending srecs via terminal works.. albeit slowwww but works..

[quote author=Hola link=board=hardware;num=1093196907;start=0#6 date=08/24/04 at 17:57:47]I think coders cables are $10 new and $5 shipping so your saving $2.[/quote]
    Actually, they're about $25 shipped. Check Lik-Sang and Play-Asia.

Anyway, I got an offer and I'm trying to get it worked out with them living in the UK.

I got a BBA and I don't need the coder's cable now (but I will keep it in case ...). Coder's cable is a very cheap and useful solution. If you are serious about developing though, get a BBA, even if it costs a lot more (fyi it cost me $200).
    ---&&&&Speccyal K, the 48k/128 speccy emulator for the GP32 handheld console. Also available on the DC.&&&&Go to http://www.speccyal.be to download the latest version.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information