Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Hate About VideoGames These Days?

Blog Entries

General games What Do You Hate About VideoGames These Days?

Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

Question: What do you hate about video games these days?

http://kotaku.com/5388933/what-do-yo...mes-these-days

DCEmu Newbie

What do I hate?
    This is more industry than actual content, but...

1. Piracy.

2. Charging for DLC when it should be free. Just about everything on the PSN and XBL is a rip off. (you wouldn't belileve how much of our games get torn out at the last minute and released as DLC so they can make more money.)

3. Games costing more on PS3 than any other platform. Why? our developement budgets are the same for each port.

4. Pirates cheating in online games and nothing we can do about it.

5. EA ruining the entire games industry. FFS EA, let us release the games when they're ready, and not when your marketing heads tell us to.

6. Not even giving the devs a free copy of the game they wrote!!! Yes that's right. I have to buy a copy of the games I helped create.

DCEmu Rookie

From a development standpoint you are right. It is stupid to pay for downloadable content unless it is a whole new part to the game that just requires the original game to play.

I agree that hot new games are far too overpriced. These music games having dozens of releases are getting old as well. So there are new songs to sing on Singstar, so what, and don't get me started on how stale Rock Band and Guitar Hero are getting.

I also hate the fact that the video game industry charges so much for controllers. I mean $65 for a wireless controller on X-Box 360 is just plain crazy.

I also don't like all these games going to online only. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten an online game I wanted to play and even within a few months the servers are shut down and you can't play it anymore. Hello where is the single player mode so I can at least use the game offline?

And I won't even start about television shows and movies converted to bad video games. Okay maybe I will! Who here played the LOST video games, boy there is an example of the word SUCKED!!!! Not to mention that to make games playable patches must be released right away or most games are unfinishable.

And another thing I hate is companies buying out other companies and ruining their products (The Sierra acquisition comes to mind). I mean come on Vivendi if you are going to do Leisure Suite Larry as new games (and you did) at least make it an adventure game and not a crap load of mini games just to sell the product with sex. I just hope they don't ruin Activision as well!

I also don't like the quality of the console systems. While the PS3 is pretty good quality the X-Box 360 is the worst piece of crap to come out in a long time (not the games just the poor manufacturing of the console itself).

I could go on all day so there is some things to think about!
    Last edited by JDvorak; October 25th, 2009 at 16:40.

I can happily complain about high prices untill i'm blue in the teeth, but my biggest problem is digital downloads, obviously it is the future but you never actually own the game, it's only yours if you keep your account and console and can't sell when you finished them and if Sony etc goes out of business you will lose every game you collected for say 30 years if they last that long.

i hate complex and ''movie'' style games because they lose the meaning of what game is.
    for me,the golden era of videogames has passed many years since and will never come back.
    so i end up playing only emulators

The mere fact that a GIANT 2D Castlevania has not hit the Wii VC's yet.

High prices and crap content (sure the game sux but we have kid rock!)

DLC, now days you pay MORE to get "free" points to a online store you will never use, stop it

EA, jimmy, have these fools released a game within the last 10 years that did not feel like a half finished product

LIVE, sure its great when you want some hard core multilayer action, but i STILL cant figure out why i NEED to be online when trying to save my single player game

Sometimes profiles can be annoying.

I dislike the lack of color in a lot of games.

I hate it when companies such as Activision purposely ship games out incomplete, sell them at full price, and expect everyone to fork out loads of money for extra maps and DLC.

I also hate how they've turned games like the Tony Hawk and Grand Theft Auto series into realistic, technical experiences. They're just not as fun as they're predecessors.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    I also hate how they've turned games like the Tony Hawk and Grand Theft Auto series into realistic, technical experiences. They're just not as fun as they're predecessors.
    I like the fact games are more realistic, it's just the new physics u have to get use too, and the only main problem I hate is yeah paying for DLC, but hey that's business, how about a new thread: What is it you love about VideoGames these days? lol this one seems negative

DCEmu Rookie

The death of survival-horror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information