Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

Smile

if you can read disks, play a umd with a 2.0 upgrade. the upgrade will reflash wich should fix whatever you screwed up. after upgrading to 2.0 you can then redowngrade. good luck
    i know this works, ive semi bricked my psp, just upgrade then redowngrade. i fixed mine, it should work for you

DE

ps. plz lemme know if it worked

No, that won't work. Unless somebody knows a game that will let you update without returning to the menu first? Don't think one exists...

I have the exact same problem as you, Apoklepz. I am currently looking into a way to flash the PSP through the serial port adapter (look here) but so far nobody seems to know how. Sony tech people apparently flash the system through the serial port, but again, no info on how.

There has to be an easier way to do this. We just need some way of accessing flash0. If there was an exploit within a 1.5 UMD game it would probably be much easier. That's probably the first step to a non-hardware solution to this problem.

But hey, I'm open to hardware if it'll fix it, just not an overly expensive modchip that is too difficult for me to solder. I'd just buy a broken PSP and hope for an older firmware before I did that.

What about buying a new motherboard?

I have thought of buying a new motherboard, but they usually run about 100 USD. Still a bit much for me...

I think buying a broken PSP and taking out the working motherboard would be cheaper. I'm thinking of sending it off to this guy and letting him take care of it, as it would be a bit cheaper.

Not before I watch eBay for a few days and look for a deal on a broken PSP, though...

youre best off getting a modchip. The modchip's firmware loads by defautl, so it will work here. And then from the modchip firmware, you can flash a working topmenu_plugin.rco to the fash and fix it also

hate to be pestimistic, but youre probably not going to find any other solution

dont put him down didnt we all think a 2.6 downgrader was impossible so why is this so impossible to you

Also, the horribly over-priced and difficult to install modchip hardly seems like the best solution to me, especially when the motherboard can just be replaced.

It seems to me that it would be quite easy to unbrick a PSP (afflicted this way) if someone was to code a save-game exploit for a 1.5 UMD game.

The motherboard is obsolete now with the new downgrader being released. Newer psps with the new motherboards dont work with the downgrader, and they are not compatible with the mod chip either.
    And with developments of Devhook its only going to get worse for the modchip.

OK, I just thought I'd bump my thread because of all the recent downgrading going on recently, thanks to a lot of hard working devs out there...Even though I still hold a brick in my hands, I'd like to share my utmost respect to all these great guys/gals working hard for the community.

Now that being said, I thought about a lot of possibilities that could help us "bricked" PSP users.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY HOMEBREW ON A BRICKED PSP AND MAYBE EVEN POSSIBLY RESTORE IT'S FLASH?

As we all know, the answer is "NO". But think about it...If somebody could work an exploit through a 1.50 or 1.00 UMD (a la GTA:LCS) we could indeed play homebrew on partially "bricked" PSPs (meaning they only play inserted 1.00 or 1.50 UMD) and possibly restore the flash through running any PSP Flash alternate applications like Flashmod and a bunch of others.

Can somebody please give this some thought? Now that downgrading 2.6 and 2.5 PSPs to 1.5 is possible....anything is possible...just my two cents.

i remember fanjita saying wipeout was a likey candidate for an exploit. but nothings been done.

sorry if this has been mentioned, but, if you put a game in which requires an update, and only close the drive just as the psp boots up, so it doesnt have time to load the umd, do you get to see the umd icon?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information