Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mame4ALLPSP New Version 0.0.3

Bazzalb keep on trying different roms i got them from 2 different webs and work.

i sugest you google mame roms and go from there

DCEmu Newbie

Out of 15 roms, only 2 showed up and only 1 worked at a bad framerate... (Toobin')

I guess i'll stick to Midway classics for now.

i just want this question answered is it realistic to say that this mame emulator will be close to running marvel.vs.capcom as this is my favorite game and im sure its not running on this emu at the moment i havent tried this emu yet..........the mvsc rom is about 20,000 kb and im sure this mame emu cant handle this rom yet but what im asking is in the future can we suspect that this emu will be able to do so.........hopfully it will.........not sure

at least i posted it here and didnt start a hole thread just for this question as sum would do.....lol

thanx

This new version is quality! Full screen and the analog stick is working instead of the dpad... Top stuff!

I've got loadsa games running on this now, and most of them with sound - Robocop, POW, golden axe, midnight resistance etc etc ...still no bubble bobble or tmnt though. .

Thanks again to PSPcross for helping me out getting this emu working.

Default As I promised

some days before, i've just written a tutorial about what i did in order to have MAME4ALLPSP version 0.0.3 working on my PSP 2.00.
    Its just here, in Spanish. Im sure that you can use a web translator to understand it, if not, i will try to write it back in English.
    Have a nice day pals

Quote Originally Posted by BazzaLB
    Has anyone else managed to get Elevator Action to work with this PSP MAME4ALL. I ran clrmamepro against a gp32x based dat file for MAME 0.34 roms, but that generated an invalid rom. The rom I have loads without errors, but as I say just produces a black screen.

Elevator Action is running fine for me on this release. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGen
    Out of 15 roms, only 2 showed up and only 1 worked at a bad framerate... (Toobin')

I guess i'll stick to Midway classics for now.

Maybe the roms you wanted to run aren't compatible.

Default Player 2 Start

How can I change the buttons to be remapped to more than just the multiple fire buttons and Start?

Space Duel requires more than just a mapping to START to be able to get a game going. After you enter in the coin, you must select dual ship mode or single ship mode as well as 1 or 2 player.

If anyone has a workaround, please do let me know. I have gotten it to work on MAME for the PC and XBOX using the full key remapping menu they have in there.

Kech,
    Do you foresee the capability to map to more arcade machine buttons/controls in the near future? Any way I can hack at it myself? Maybe a .cfg file to (easily?) control mappings in the future?

Great job on the best MAME Emu for PSP!!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe
    Maybe the roms you wanted to run aren't compatible.
    Also, there are so many VERSIONS of the same ROMS out there, based on the MAME version at the time. I believe I read this is based on MAME version .35 roms.

There are utlities out there to verify rom version as well as convert roms to older versions. Check out this util called ROMBuild that does just that; it converts newer roms to older versions. I haven't tried it yet for MAME4ALL-PSP, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

RomBuild is here: http://www.logiqx.com/Tools/ROMBuild/

So, the version is critical in order to get it working.

Working for me:
    Ghouls N Ghosts
    Ghosts N Goblins
    Centipede
    Galaga
    Galaxian X
    Gauntlet
    Gauntlet 2
    Gorf
    Heavy Barrel
    Phoenix - needs sample support
    Rygar
    Salamander

a lot more I dont remember at the time...

Not Working:
    1943 US - says its counterfeit.
    Bagman - locks within a few seconds of starting.
    Bubble Bobble - never starts

*I may have bad rom versions for these, too.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe
    Elevator Action is running fine for me on this release. Maybe you're doing something wrong.
    WOW, this is really frustrating.

I have tried a rom from 5 sites now (all of them around 37K) and they all result in a blank screen. I am using a FW1.5 PSP. Are those who are getting Elevator Action running using a later FW version? otherwise I can't for the life of me see whats going wrong here. Pacman, Galaga etc etc etc are all running fine. The analogue pad works fine in other games as well, so I am definately rtunning the 0.0.3 version of MAME4ALL.

Elevator Action is the ONLY game I really wanted to play via MAME4ALL so this is really frustrating

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information