Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dosbox to Dreamcast?

Default Re: Dosbox to Dreamcast?

i'm the guy who wrote BHole
    quzar sent me e-mail, i was actually hoping someone may be interested in that thing... but nobody did...
    anyway, if you guys tell me specific games you want me to run i think i can try retouching it (notice, i haven't touched BHole for like... 2 years... the release you guys saw was actually quite late

anyway, just wanted to tell you BHole was dead because no one seemed to care about it... (and we had dosbox and mess) if anyone cares about it know i think we can have some nice zombification.

p.s. here's the stupid question, in my life, i never seen anything but a PC, and a DEC-Alpha, can you guys please give me specs of the whole dreamcast thingy, so that maybe if i add more code to BHole, it will be done in a way that will make the code more compatible.

"did an ant just pop out of your eyebrow" - Toh's friend&&"omg, your bag is a hive of ants" - Toh's mother&&"what the **** is that black thing coming out of my head" - Toh-Ava

Blog Entries

wow we in the Dreamcast scene are very interested in this emulator. The thought of playing games from a bygone era on the Dreamcast is a dream most have wanted to see for a long time.

i wish you both luck in this project.

Check marcus' site for a good introduction to the console: http://mc.pp.se/dc/
    The Dreamcast was Sega's last games console before they became a software only company. You can pick up a console very cheaply from ebay nowadays.

dosbox?whats that?
    and does anyone know how to get mugen on dreamcast?

Welcome Toh-Ava . Marcus' homepage is probably the best for what you're looking for.

Games that would be a dream to play on it, if possible: Duke Nukem, Monster Bash, Ultima VIII.

Is a good way to setup Windows98 on Dreamcast?

Excellent! - nice to know you've rekindled your interest in bhole Toh-Ava. This project is now getting really interesting 8).

Dream Coder

[quote author=Toh-Ava link=board=Dev;num=1090772610;start=30#30 date=07/27/04 at 09:35:05]i'm the guy who wrote BHole
    quzar sent me e-mail, i was actually hoping someone may be interested in that thing... but nobody did...
    anyway, if you guys tell me specific games you want me to run i think i can try retouching it (notice, i haven't touched BHole for like... 2 years... the release you guys saw was actually quite late

anyway, just wanted to tell you BHole was dead because no one seemed to care about it... (and we had dosbox and mess) if anyone cares about it know i think we can have some nice zombification.

p.s. here's the stupid question, in my life, i never seen anything but a PC, and a DEC-Alpha, can you guys please give me specs of the whole dreamcast thingy, so that maybe if i add more code to BHole, it will be done in a way that will make the code more compatible.

[/quote]

Here are some basic specs:
    200Mhz SH-4 CPU
    16MB of main ram
    NEC PVR2 GPU
    8MB of Graphical ram
    4 controller ports (there is also a keyboard, mouse and other prehipherals)
    12x (?) GD-ROM drive, which can read CD-Rs

The main thing that makes this work easily on the DC (other than the very portable nature of the code) is SDL. There is a very functional SDL port for the Dreamcast.

I should have the menu thing figured out by the end of the day, and then i can commence testing again. (i wanted to have a menu so i could burn a CD with things on it and choose from there.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Great work, I didn't expect this to become reality. I'm secretly hoping that I can run my old love Stunts/4D Sports Driving on the Dreamcast once.

DCEmu Regular

Holy crap where gonna have dos with a gui!?
    Wow thats like a OS.
    So whatcha gonna name this OS Quzar?
    Also will the Gui be in nice high reso 640x480?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information