Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAME Beta released!

Dream Coder

Default Re: FAME Beta released!

3.3.x broke stuff for the SH, but 3.4.x fixed it. The size of the c68k.o that ian was passing out with neocd (which you made for him) was 608kb. I got it to 380 and its going faster than before by far.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

[quote author=quzar link=board=dcemu;num=1108846091;start=0#10 date=02/21/05 at 17:34:29]I got it to 380 and its going faster than before by far.[/quote]

That's great job. How did u make it ?. It's almost the half of the size, and faster even ?. Those are other words. In fact, my opinion is always based on the idea of a versatile core but with three main addons, stability speed and portability. Now, with this new info, if C68K can perform so easily that speed, should be allright, preparing an emu with the two cores, including the option to run with one or with other, as Chui said a long time ago. It's a nice idea. Cheers
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Coder

Ah yeah actually 350 KB is the obj size for x86 CPU, it takes about 600 KB here too for DC with -Os level.
    Are you sure your 380 KB obj file is not corrupted ? Is it the version you're currently using in NeoCD ?
    I'll try to grab GCC 3.4.X to do some tests *

Dream Coder

[quote author=Stef link=board=dcemu;num=1108846091;start=0#12 date=02/22/05 at 00:52:23]Ah yeah actually 350 KB is the obj size for x86 CPU, it takes about 600 KB here too for DC with -Os level.
    Are you sure your 380 KB obj file is not corrupted ? Is it the version you're currently using in NeoCD ?
    I'll try to grab GCC 3.4.X to do some tests *
    [/quote]
    Its possible that its corrupted... but its what is in NeoDC v2-v2.1 and i've noticed no problems with it. One of the major factors to the increased speed was -no-gcse which turns off optimizations that may break or slow down programs using computed gotos (which both c68k and cz80 use right?)

I'm using 3.4.2, but i noticed some changes in 3.4.3, the newest release version, that may make it even better =P.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=quzar link=board=dcemu;num=1108846091;start=0#13 date=02/22/05 at 03:41:17]
    Its possible that its corrupted... but its what is in NeoDC v2-v2.1 and i've noticed no problems with it. One of the major factors to the increased speed was -no-gcse which turns off optimizations that may break or slow down programs using computed gotos (which both c68k and cz80 use right?)

I'm using 3.4.2, but i noticed some changes in 3.4.3, the newest release version, that may make it even better =P.[/quote]

Hehe that -no-gcse flag seems really interesting
    C68K heavily uses of computed label and GCC optimiser doesn't like that much. Maybe even old version as 3.0.4 work correctly with that flag enabled
    CZ80 can both use computed label or big "switch... case" statement. I first did it only for computed label, and that first implemented was even faster... but i wanted it to be portable and work on all C compiler, hopefully "switch ... case" performs already nice for Z80 emulation

Default help!! with neogeo cd rom disk

i need help burning a neogeo cd rom disk. i am using neo4all v2 1st question do i need to put the neogeo bios on the rom cd? 2nd question the roms i have the music files are in mp3 format do i need to change them to cdda?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

1: wrong topic
    2: NeoGeo CD emu does not use roms!! as its name suggests, it plays only neogeo CDS!

I have updated FAME with some bug fixes/improvements:

- Sign flag calculation in inmediate logical instruction fixed.
    - Carry flag calculation in NEG instruction fixed.
    - Overflow flag in operations with X flag fixed.
    - Fixed CPU state stop bit.
    - Speed up by about 20%.
    - Tiny tweaks here and there and everywhere.

As usual, you can find it here
    - fox68k -

Quote Originally Posted by fox68k
    I have updated FAME with some bug fixes/improvements:

- Sign flag calculation in inmediate logical instruction fixed.
    - Carry flag calculation in NEG instruction fixed.
    - Overflow flag in operations with X flag fixed.
    - Fixed CPU state stop bit.
    - Speed up by about 20%.
    - Tiny tweaks here and there and everywhere.

As usual, you can find it here
    20% is just awesome!

I'll send you a PM in a few seconds

Another FAME update comes here...

Here is what is new:

- Lightweighted entry/exit code.
    - Fixed sign/zero flag calculation when moving long data from memory to memory.
    - Privilege violation exception fixed.
    - Faster interrupt/exception management.
    - Timing fixed in MOVEM instructions.

It is pretty stable and fast now and has a very good level of accuracy. Almost every NeoGeo game work in Neo4all (next Neo4all release will demostrate this ).

Quzar describe it as "BUG FREE and SAVE TO RUN". Thanks Quzar

I would love to get some feedback as well as some news about Genesis Plus running with FAME.

P.D: Next Neo4all release will be really amazing! Keep tunned!
    - fox68k -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information