Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GenesisPlusDC With VMU Support ! (26/07/06)

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone played "Sonic the Hedghog" under the current emulator ?
    You CANNOT beat the first boss ! There are similar problems with the other sonic games too...

I think its some kind of hit detection bug..

Edit: I just edited the Wiki page, I'll contribute more later !

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo2006X
    I just edited the Wiki page, I'll contribute more later !
    That's great!, we really need more bugreports if we want an update.

I am in the process of moving to a new flat so I all managed so far was to start a lot of games, but I only really beat a few like Streets of Rage II and Bare Knuckle III.

I remember Sonic 3 & Knuckles to crash at a later stage, but I can't remember which CPU settings I used.

How to burn GenesisPlusDC:
    Using Selfboot Inducer:
    At first you need to download Selfboot Inducer v4 and install it into C:/SBInducr/.
    Then download the SBI for GenesisPlusDC from DCHelp.net's SBI Repository HERE (right-click and save target as...).
    Put this file into your C:/SBInducr/SBI/ folder.
    Start C:/SBInducr/SBInducer.exe and check the SBI file showing up on the right window. Then select either "Single Menu" or "SBI2Boot" and click on 'Extract SBI'.
    Using Windws Explorer you'll find some tools within the C:/SBInducr/Inducer/gpwt/tools/ directory. Extract "provlist_by_burnerO.zip" and copy "Provlst.exe" to C:/SBInducr/Inducer/gpwt/data/ROMS/
    Copy your ROMs (*.zip) in C:/SBInducr/Inducer/gpwt/data/ROMS/ and run Provlst.exe
    Open ROMS.LST in Wordpad and replace ".SMC:" with ".ZIP " (space).
    Save as 'ROMS.TXT' in C:/SBInducr/Inducer/gpwt/data/.
    Right-click on your C:/SBInducr/Inducer/gpwt/data/ROMS/ folder and start Renamer
    Click on 'Edit' -> 'Multi-Change' and replace "%a.SMC" with "%a.ZIP"
    Click on 'A->B' to apply the changes and then close Renamer
    In Selfboot Inducer, click on the CDRecord button to burn the CD, or on the DiscJuggler button to create a .cdi that you can burn with BootDreams' CDI-burner or Alcohol120% in TAO mode.

preety
    webmaster
    http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

DCEmu Newbie

What about this project?
    Is it dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    That's great!, we really need more bugreports if we want an update.

I am in the process of moving to a new flat so I all managed so far was to start a lot of games, but I only really beat a few like Streets of Rage II and Bare Knuckle III.

I remember Sonic 3 & Knuckles to crash at a later stage, but I can't remember which CPU settings I used.
    I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles through a couple times on GenesisPlusDC.

Hmm just been playing my dreamcast again and playing this emulator. It's great and I can't wait for an update

I got bored. Here, have a console-based GPWTList tool thinger (should work 100% on linux, as well as 100% on windows). Includes sourcecode and a precompiled i686 binary for linux as well as a Win32 PE Executable.
    Last edited by Smurph; March 19th, 2008 at 15:25. Reason: updated attachment

Is this project abandoned for good? Anyone know why development was ceased.What happened to blackaura?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by law56ker View Post
    Is this project abandoned for good? Anyone know why development was ceased.What happened to blackaura?
    Development was put on hold when BA was finishing up school (iirc). The project isn't dead.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information