Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project - DCNincest64

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: New Project - DCNincest64

wow another thing the newbies keep asking for that we thought we would never see. the dc is always amazing me.it''d be great to see 64 titles on dc.

Blog Entries

You do realise that several of the Dreamcast scene holy grails have been stomped on this year.

[quote author=Christuserloeser link=board=dcemu;num=1091227578;start=0#8 date=07/30/04 at 18:09:49]About the GBA emu: Just release it with a finished GUI/menu theme as a common GB/GBC emu (with the GBA emulation defunct for users) but with full source code to anyone interested in contributing to get this thing playable

Chris[/quote]
    Yeah thats the plan, I just needed to get away from it for awhile and take a break.

Then I got bored at work, so I decided to try to port an N64 Emulator. First I tried Mupen64 and got pretty close, except for the memory footprint the lowest I got it down to was just over 16 megs. Then I tried to port Apollo but the way it uses Windows Virtual Memory Management I decided to use the old Dos DJPP source code for Nincest64.
    That was alot of fun since I had never programmed with DJPP, so I had to rip out the DOS specific code and VESA graphics and upport them to use SDL- most of code comes from the software gfx plugin for Mupen. I am close to getting it to render with the PVR, but I doubt that will speed it up much. Its a pretty slow port on Windows

Troy

Blog Entries

[quote author=Christuserloeser link=board=dcemu;num=1091227578;start=0#8 date=07/30/04 at 18:09:49]About the GBA emu: Just release it with a finished GUI/menu theme as a common GB/GBC emu (with the GBA emulation defunct for users) but with full source code to anyone interested in contributing to get this thing playable

Chris[/quote]

I actually agree with this, id still keep the GBA emulation in (hey if it can run any GBA Homebrew that would be cool anyway) but finish the menus etc off.

Its your decision of course but with a source release there may be someone else who can give a few tips out to speed things up.

Damn GPF, is there anything else thought to be impossible you can acomplish for us?

DCEmu Regular

No one ever said that it was impossable to get any of these things runing. What was said was its pointless and not worth getting these things working as no one will ever get them to fullspeed. I think the Gba emu and this N64 are living proof.

Blog Entries

well i should wait and see, the scene is progressing into the sh4 asm area more and more and with more coders getting the knowledge, lots more is possible.

DCEmu Regular

I think that homebrew and demo for 64 is only going to possible. some of those roms are way to big. and his source emu isn't that great (none of the 64emus are near perfect from a certain perspective)project64 is the closest but probably impossible to accuratly port to any other system. I am not dissin. just saving HOLA the trouble of slagging you. and to say that I am still looking forward to it. and giving you much props on your ability to cast your dream into reality.

DCEmu Regular

I'd actually be more excited to see your updated SDL support conpiled to make a Windows version of Nicest64. Would be interesting.

On a side note I just found out my friend knows Sh2 asm extremly well and might work on a simple guide for learning it. He hates dc however so there wont be any dc spefic guides.

is it possible to make a program to split the rom into 2 pieces for the dc. the program could load an index file that would tell the dc which half to load when it needs the data

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information