Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question on bleemcast

DCEmu Newbie

Default question on bleemcast

i ahve seen bleemcast products for just one game, example(bllemcast for Gran turismo 2) , my question is, is there a bleemcast that can emulate a bunch of Playstation games??
    or can you only get these one game kits??

DCEmu Regular

Default Re: question on bleemcast

unfortuneatly as far as bleem goes,......sort of. but that's all I can say

but legeally there is an emulator in the works to do this but it's only had one or two releases and still needs work. but check it out at www.dcemulation.com

Dream Coder

There were only 3 commercial B!DC discs and they each only emulated one game. GT2, Tekken 3, and Metal Gear Solid. Anything else you may see is very illegal, and not very functional.

PCSXDC is the only legal PSX emulator for the Dreamcast, but its relatively slow. It has no support yet for sound, and gets a max of around 15fps even in 2d games.

The reason bleemcast is so fast is not only because each edition was tailored to one game, and because it was written in pure assembly, but it was not an emulator, but a simulator. An emulator's goal is the properly emulate the hardware within a machine to the highest degree of precision. A simulator however is only concerned with the outcome. So basically Bleemcast isnt a playstation emulator, but is just as it markets, a bootdisc that allows you to play playstation games with a Dreamcast.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

wow thats news to me,this whole time i thought it was an emulator... interesting

Dream Coder

yea i dunno why i felt like explaining all that but yea, most people dont know that. it works almost the same, but yea.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

Well its still a emulator just a very smart and customized emulator.
    It's just that not every game uses all the parts of the playstation at a time. One of the biggest things is that most games arent using all of the cpu so therefore the cpu is normally underclocked to the maximum speed that the game will ever use. Also systems use multi parts and processors. Parts that arent used arent emulated. An example is Snes uses tons of special chips however they'res no point to emulator the chips while they're not being used such as the SFX chip.

Dream Coder

[quote author=Hola link=board=dcemu;num=1089263049;start=0#5 date=07/09/04 at 14:48:23]Well its still a emulator just a very smart and customized emulator.
    It's just that not every game uses all the parts of the playstation at a time. One of the biggest things is that most games arent using all of the cpu so therefore the cpu is normally underclocked to the maximum speed that the game will ever use. Also systems use multi parts and processors. Parts that arent used arent emulated. An example is Snes uses tons of special chips however they'res no point to emulator the chips while they're not being used such as the SFX chip.[/quote]

now i dont know how accurate this is, but im near certain that Bleemcast only simulates the PSX. it interprets the files on a PS disc and has an engine to play them on the DC using the DC's hardware. More of a translator or simulator than an emulator.

Hm, in my using of (English) words an emulator is pretty much the same as a translator or a simulator so Bleem!cast still is an emu doesn't matter how optimized or specialized etc it is.

Take a SAT emu for DC he woul even use the SH4 etc but I'd still call it an emulator because it emulates an other machine.

Dream Coder

well there is a big difference, not in its use but how it works and how it is made. an emulator actually emulates the functions of all the chips and all the hardwhere. if you call anything an emulator that does that then you would consider FreeSCI and SCUMMVM PC and SegaCD emulators which they most definetly are not, but they do simulate the end result.

DCEmu Rookie

So you would say HLE-based emulators are not emulators?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information