Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2nd GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default New 2nd GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release

MetaFox has compiled the latest build of the GenesisPlusDC WIP sources or testing purposes. Here are the new features since yesterday's preview release:[br][br]* Fixed 32-cell mode ([this mode] is not full screen, but it's centered and there's no garbage on the screen anymore) (BlackAura)[br][br]* Drawn window borders (BlackAura)[br][br]* Added (crappy) windowing emulation (BlackAura)[br][br]* A load of tweaks here and there (BlackAura)[br][br]* split of Speud's menu code to menu.c, and improvements to the menu controls (Warmtoe)[br][br]* readdition of previous speedups that were not included in BlackAura's newest source release (Warmtoe)[br][br]You can download a SBI here [br][br]These preview releases of GenesisPlusDC show the PowerVR2 usage of it, which allows the emulation to be very close to fullspeed without any frameskip but sound. There are still some bugs with it but it's now even faster than the already very good release of GenesisPlusDC v01 back in 2003 that had missing sound support.

[Modified 06/24/04 08:55:47 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Default Re: New 2nd GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release

Thanx to MetaFox for compiling the BIN! *

Chris

I've tested this new preview.

Now the water is viewable in SONIC and the sound is the same (noises).

I can't view anything in the main menu (i only can see a bar). I use the cursor keys to move in it like i could to run SONIC (included in my compilation).

This is what i see..

Regards

Talfi
    http://www.talfi.net

P.D. Thank you Metafox for the SBI. I'll do it nothing without it

??? If you play it with your Dreamcast it will run perfectly.

Chanka seems not to work very well with it - same as with the previous release.

Chris

I have compiled the newest sources with Stef's C68K core enabled. You have to download it - it's awesome. It's almost fullspeed with sound enabled. Sonic 1 is as fast as the Smash Pack emulation, and the sound is better except for a few repeats in the sound (not nearly as much as the last preview).

I'm enjoying every minute of it. ;D

Download from Consolevision or Sbiffy.

Oh, I thought that was the version which you compiled already. Alrighty then, I think people will be shocked by the performance of this build. I was when I woke up this morning.

[quote author=Storminator16 link=board=dcemu;num=1088084743;start=0#5 date=06/24/04 at 20:02:14]Oh, I thought that was the version which you compiled already. Alrighty then, I think people will be shocked by the performance of this build. I was when I woke up this morning. [/quote]Heh, nope, I compiled the last code before BlackAura got the C68K core working, just no-one noticed right away.

DCEmu Newbie

I just downloaded the sbi file (for preview3) and burned it the same way I have the past 2 but when I try to load GenesisPlus it just restarts my dreamcast? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just something I've done wrong?

BTW keep up the great work!! You guys are awesome!!

DCEmu Rookie

how is the sound in all honesty?

[quote author=DemoniusX link=board=dcemu;num=1088084743;start=0#8 date=06/24/04 at 23:24:38]how is the sound in all honesty? [/quote]I quote myself:
    Sonic 1 is as fast as the Smash Pack emulation, and the sound is better except for a few repeats in the sound (not nearly as much as the last preview).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information