Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gangs of London leak confirmed

Blog Entries

psp Gangs of London leak confirmed

News from Eurogamer

Sony Computer Entertainment UK has condemned the leaking of forthcoming PSP title Gangs of London to the internet, after copies of an internal beta of the game appeared on BitTorrent sites overnight.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony spokesman David Wilson also warned consumers that the leaked version is incomplete and buggy.

"The version of Gangs Of London that you have brought our attention to here is a pre-production 'preview' version," he revealed. "It is not the complete game and it has anomalies in the code since it hasn't been through our QA process yet."

Wilson also reasserted his firm's strong opposition to game piracy - and while it's clearly not relevant in this situation, as BitTorrent piracy creates no revenues, he pointed to the oft-cited link between piracy and organised crime.

"We are wholly opposed to game piracy," he commented. "Even if people have no sympathy for games developers losing money (though in the end that damages our industry and hurts gamers) - there are proven links that exist between counterfeiting and organised crime and that has some serious consequences (and victims) that people should give due consideration."

Gangs of London, which itself has more than a little bit to do with organised crime and gangland violence, will be out on the PSP later this year, and will allow players to engage in tactical urban combat around the streets of London and the capital's most famous landmarks - all without the aforementioned serious consequences.

Maybe another reason why Sony is taking a real look at the Homebrew scene, the warez people spoil it for us all ?

DCEmu Newbie

While I don't agree with piracy at all I find it pretty funny that he's saying how bad gangs, drugs and organised crime are whilst moaning about a game that they produced which glamourises it. Touche.

Yeah, everytime an iso is launched off your mem-stick a small furry kitten dies lol!

piracy is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi
    piracy is wrong!

True, I just don't appreciate the "scare tactics" that sony has resorted to.

DCEmu Newbie

Angry

This game has been running through the net for about a week and a half now and now it's that they found out.What's even funnier is that it's on public servers.What they need to do is check thier own staff,the leak is defenitley from within.Now the sad part is that the whole hbrew community is going to feel the heat for these type of mishaps.

I already knew It was all over torrent sites.

I saw this on torrent sites like 2 weeks ago

I've tried it and it's not that great. You can't even pick up extra weapons.

DCEmu Rookie

I want to thank Sony for bringing it to my attention that the Gangs of London leak is available for download. Otherwise, I might not have known about it. I appreciate Sony for increasing my awareness. I'm downloading it now.

I'm also thankful to Sony for bringing my attention to that great Devhook program by Booster yesterday when they tried to crack down on it. I'm going to use Devhook to run the Gangs of London demo once it's downloaded.

And to think if it wasn't for Sony, I wouldn't have known about any of this great stuff.

Thanks Sony!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information