Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News about NeoCD by Ian Micheal

DCEmu Regular

Default Re: News about NeoCD by Ian Micheal

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=dcemu;num=1087058420;start=0#10 date=06/14/04 at 20:20:43]what do you fancy next Ian?

PCEngine CD Emu?

atari st?

I cant fault your drive similiar to me with websites :P[/quote]

If i was to pic one of them it be the PCE CD as there is no version of that on the dreamcast at all. And we could get speed for free when using CDDA sound track. But still a long road left for neogeo CD. beta version with SFX will be a lot slower then this. If we cant get stef d core in this emulator. I dont know why but i cant compile his core with my compiler.

Yeah PCE CD would be fantastic but you should take your time with NeoDC before even starting with a huge new project like that...

Chris

[quote author=Christuserloeser link=board=dcemu;num=1087058420;start=15#18 date=06/15/04 at 05:51:25]

er.. Yes I really suck by reading between the lines, but may I ask u who gave you the info, that Scherzo is already that far with NesterDC SE? ...he said it to you?

Chris[/quote]

Yes, he's actually telling the truth. We talk from time to time. He asked questions... I give him answers.

I ripped out the frame skipping code altogether and every game that I've tested runs at full 60/60 fps. I really didn't do much to acheive this. Just changed it to use the sq_copy from KOS instead of his own implementation. Plus I'm sure the fact that I'm using a newer GCC with possibly better switches might be the cause for the speed increase.

I also managed to add zip support.

Other Nester related news: I successfully re-ported NNNesterJ to DC. However, it's dog slow. Yet compatibility is much higher than the current NesterDC; Rygar works. NesterDC has been very well optimized and this shows when running an unoptimized NNNesterJ. I'm sort of working on both now. I would like to get my new port of NNNesterJ to work at the speeds of NesterDC but there's a lot to be done. There are a lot of differences between the two source trees. I'm not sure which will eventually become a release. I might just fix the compatibility of NesterDC using NNNesterJ as a guide.

Well, you guys can get back on topic now. Sorry. I just wanted to say that Hola wasn't lying.
    It's time to chew ass and kick bubble gum... and I'm all out of ass!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information