Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpiceBoy GB/GBC Emulator R0 Released!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by sirhax0r
    Wow! 100% emulation! I hope the menu will be ready in the next release... This will be good with ad-hoc... and maybe infrastructure? That'd be good! Add in cheats, and Pokemon will never be the same...
    RinUO have ad-hoc and it works perfec (222 mhz)

Default Filters

Filters, Filters, Filters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see above all in a PSP gameboy emulator some form of software filtering such as Scale2x or 2xsal. I know it drains mhz and would be unrealistic in a snes or MD emu, but the gb is less mhz intensive and needs it more, as the amount of pixels used was significantly less. When full screen in rin it looks very blocky. If we could combine a good software filter combined with the psps hardware scaling i thing it would look great.

Where as at the moment rin full screen looks crap!

Quote Originally Posted by FarSight
    Filters, Filters, Filters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see above all in a PSP gameboy emulator some form of software filtering such as Scale2x or 2xsal. I know it drains mhz and would be unrealistic in a snes or MD emu, but the gb is less mhz intensive and needs it more, as the amount of pixels used was significantly less. When full screen in rin it looks very blocky. If we could combine a good software filter combined with the psps hardware scaling i thing it would look great.

Where as at the moment rin full screen looks crap!
    SNES9xTYL uses smoothing and it runs fine so a gameboy emulator should be able to do it easily.

-!-
    /\

Thought SNESTYL filters the graphics using hardware????

DCEmu Regular

Name one 8-bit emulator, or less, that doesn't run at full speed on a PSP. After all, these systems used 1Mhz processors and the PSP does 222Mhz (or up to 333Mhz with some coaxing).

Let's see somebody do something REALLY interesting with one of these ancient emulators, like play two games at once, or project the game on the sides of a spinning cube. Do that at 30fps, and THEN I'll be impressed!

Or, for a more useful touch, why not just wirelessly send another PSP owner the ROM's they might be missing? That and a wireless multi-player function would be pretty cool.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum
    Ughhh to many game boy color emulators, only interested if multiplayer support is eventually added =[ Don't see why RIN, or NJ doesn't have feelings for some nice ad hoc =[
    if you go to NJ's site you can download NesterJ 1.20 beta 2 which supports ad hoc (i have that version, but have noone to test the ad hoc out with)

now this -is- good news, since i discovered a few days ago that i cant get sound on any music-sequencing roms (little sound DJ / nanoloop) when loading them on Rin... which i had always thought was excellent.

bit wierd that i read this just moments after i have put my GameBoy back together, having given it a new blue LED. (which frankly needs to be brighter!)

p.s. i like the resolution without filters.... it's more accurate to the real thing!

Nice to see gameboy still being worked on, although I really have no complaints with Rin.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmusicmaker
    Nice to see gameboy still being worked on, although I really have no complaints with Rin.
    Me neither.
    This one could be better, who knows?

I love Rin too but Ad-hoc would be great but i want to trade pokemon so bad that i tried to make a usb to GBC link cable.....didn't work to well. but this is a nice emulator. can't wait for the next release!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information