Thread: NEWBIE! PLEASE HELP!

Default NEWBIE! PLEASE HELP!

Just bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8175339835

do you think i will pay cutom charges and import tax? i told the guy to mark it as a gift and low value because apparently that works...

if i do have to pay import and custom charge, does anyone know roughly how much it will be?

I read somewhere that if you are a student then you can avoid it, can anyone clear this one up for me...

Default Re: NEWBIE! PLEASE HELP!

I have heard several different stories, but in my experience some you do.. some you dont.. the charges are between 41-61 GBP usually its a bit hit or miss as to getting away with it or not. I have a friend who imports these and thats what he tells me. As for the student thing????????????? ???

Default Re: NEWBIE! PLEASE HELP!

OK thanks, but what about the service he is using? EMS, has anyone used this or had theirs delivered using this service? any problems with EMS? They take 2-5 days for delivery...

Also does anyone else know about this no import tax student thing??? ??? ???

Quote Originally Posted by tidusuk123
    OK thanks, but what about the service he is using? EMS, has anyone used this or had theirs delivered using this service? any problems with EMS? They take 2-5 days for delivery...

Also does anyone else know about this no import tax student thing??? ??? ???
    Same chap has another auction up at same price - let me know OP if you got hit for import taxes - I may buy from him too

Item number 8176942348

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8175339835

Got mine!! Everything is great. No dead pixels, no import tax or custom duties or anything. took a week though. not really a square button problem but it could develop...

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Sometimes you get hit with duty. Sometimes you don't. Luck of the draw.

Students can't get away without paying it - sorry.

Thread Information