Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which is the better film

DCEmu Newbie

Default which is the better film

lets face it if you are over the age of ten and can read then the obvious film of choice is lord of the rings. then again i would say that being of bree origin.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: which is the better film

which is the better film lord of the rings or harry potter

To my mind, both are goods films.
    I prefer Lord of the ring because I'm a Tolkien Fan. I really find the book feeling in the film. More than in harry Potter (just read the 1st book).

DCEmu Newbie

if your a rings fan ill give you a bonus point if you can tell me what my signature means in english

The LOTR trilogy will always be regarded as an ultimate feat in movie making history - the series of films are a must for any movie fan, the DVD releases (4 pack with the extra footage) are awesome. Hopefully one day I'll be taking a whole day off and watching all three back to back (the extended versions) and loving every minute of it ;D.

The Harry Potter films are great too, it's just a matter of taste. I've seen the first 3 and they seem to get better as they progress, the good thing about Harry Potter is that we've got a few more movies to look forward to.

What I'd really like to see is the 'Hobbit' showing at the local cinema just to make movie life that little bit more magic .

[quote author=biagrin_sackville link=board=off;num=1088160440;start=0#3 date=06/26/04 at 03:28:01]if your a rings fan ill give you a bonus point if you can tell me what my signature means in english[/quote]
    The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun.

I personally enjoy both series of films. The directors of both series of films have done an excellent job of translating the stories from novel form into film.

I'm not much of a fan of either to be honest, although I think LOTR is probably worse. We've argued for hours about the movie in my media class, my conclusions are that it was a pretty brainless interpretation of the book, and using really obvious stereotypes, I really would expect a lot more from the director of Braindead. The lowpoint for me is the $#@!ney accents of those orc things.... come on now $#@!NEY. jeeeez, i was expecting $#@! van dyke to appear at one point for a rousing rendition of "step in time".

c o c k n e y not $#@!ney.

;D

...Mmh, I haven't seen both series at all until now.

I'll try to read the LOTR books first. Maybe even the English ones, there's a 'official' translation authorized by Tolkien available though. The common newer one isn't any good as I've been told. ...Then I'll have a look at the movies.

Chris

[quote author=souLLy link=board=off;num=1088160440;start=0#6 date=06/26/04 at 14:42:36]I'm not much of a fan of either to be honest, although I think LOTR is probably worse. We've argued for hours about the movie in my media class, my conclusions are that it was a pretty brainless interpretation of the book, and using really obvious stereotypes, I really would expect a lot more from the director of Braindead. The lowpoint for me is the $#@!ney accents of those orc things.... come on now $#@!NEY. jeeeez, i was expecting $#@! van dyke to appear at one point for a rousing rendition of "step in time".[/quote]

I've never bothered reading the books (and never will) but from all accounts I've actually heard that the LOTR movies somewhat stray from the book a ton. *

Anyhoot, this is how I equate which series of movies are worse: *every trailer for every Harry Potter movie I've seen were quite un-inspiring. *I never came away saying "wow, I really need to go see that movie". *It was more like ," damn, that look very stupid". *

I have a personal gripe against everything Potter for that reason. *

LOTR. *What can I say? *Loved the first movie (it's fantastic!), thought the second one was long & pointless, and I'm probably will watch the third one tonight or tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information