Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wonderswan stuff

DCEmu Regular

Default wonderswan stuff

I came across a wonderswan and a couple games at the local pawn shop and I was wondering if it was worth buying. *By that I mean if I can find games to buy online if they would be playable. I only speak [s]english[/s] american and enough hungarian, spanish, german, and japanese to get a beer and get into a fight.

Default Re: wonderswan stuff

hey i would by it if it wasn't expensise
    and what type of wonder swan
    if its color,or crystal i would buy it

DCEmu Regular

and the language thing. can I still play FF in english?

If you live in america it would be english i also looked on Ian's site and i believe FF from what i seen as a pic on his site was english but you can always check his site yourself go to www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com

DCEmu Regular

Ok forgive me for calling you all idiots but, ya'll are.
    Wonderswan only came out in Japan and only has Japanese games. The games that you are seeing in English are hacked and translated roms.
    Also you don't need to know any Japanese to beat a Final Fantasy game at all. I mean all you need to do it go to the next town and your in the right place. Also by whatever is the most expensive set of equipment for that town and its the best.

[quote author=Hola link=board=off;num=1091161216;start=0#4 date=07/30/04 at 11:26:03]Ok forgive me for calling you all idiots but, ya'll are.
    Wonderswan only came out in Japan and only has Japanese games. The games that you are seeing in English are hacked and translated roms.
    Also you don't need to know any Japanese to beat a Final Fantasy game at all. I mean all you need to do it go to the next town and your in the right place. Also by whatever is the most expensive set of equipment for that town and its the best.[/quote]

Could you come up with a nicer way to say that? Jeese, you dont have to be a jerk about it.

Hes right though. The only way your going to get FF in english is a rom hack, or translation patch. I am fairly certain that a 100% complete patch is done for FF 1 & 2 out there somewhere.

DCEmu Regular

well I guess i won't mess with it then. and your final fantasy strategy isn't true. if you pay attention most of the time every 3rd town in most ff have overpriced crappy equipment and the next town is less 30 min away anyway. this is especially true in secret of mana

DCEmu Regular

Not for ff1 and 2. Trust me. I own a wonderswan and like 20 games.
    BTW a wonderswan is a nice item to have rather you know english or not because it has plenty of fighting and vertical shooter games. Plus they're so many guides to get threw the japanese games. If its under $20 its well worth getting.

ff 1 & 2 are coming for gba anyway... personaly, im not a fan of either of these titles. i wish they would make an updated 4 and 5 though.

Okay forgive me on that and hey i am no idiot fool i had no clue that they were hacks and the system was only released in JAPAN as a reviewer i have to review Hola as a idiot noob

Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information