Thread: translating ps2 games

DCEmu Newbie

Default translating ps2 games

Is it possible to translate ps2 games and programs.If it is please tell me how or with what programs.THANKS

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: translating ps2 games

It probably is, but if ur doin it in the way I think you are then its illegal, soooo, you cant post about it here. your best bet is to google for it.

DCEmu Newbie

It is not for sell.It is for my personal use.And i thin it is not illegal or is it.

DCEmu Newbie

as far as i am aware it is legal to make personal backups of games as long as not for resale but for personal use such as keepin your origonals in mint condition!!!!

DCEmu Rookie

i wanted to do that with my GTA SA but my p.c would not let me copy it back onto another disk! i then also realised that it would not play on my ps2 and my sister then steped onto the dvd disc(with high hells) and made a massive crack onto the top of the disc so it could not be used!

DCEmu Newbie

keep em of the floor then ;D

DCEmu Newbie

First of all, sorry for reviving this dead thread but i thought it was better than creating a new one.

I have an original game and i would like to see it translated in my language, does anyone knows any good site or forum with info or even better guides for translating ps2 games? If you have any info please share, thanks a lot.

well, its not terribly differant from modifying the script in roms as far as I know. there used to be an excellant source called the rom hackers repository.. but its gone. Translation isnt somthing I have ever even concidered doing... Modifying fonts and creating table files to support the other language must be a real complexed process... All you really need is a hex editor and a brain (and probably some more tools too). I recomend you google for some tutorials on rom translation, but be warned... its a long, lonely process.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for your answer, i have found info about about rom translating ,but i wasn't able able to find something for ps2 games. I know it would a very difficult task.

i've seen translated psx isos, but never ps2...
    actually, i've never burned a ps2 iso, dunno why :P (I can get burned games for 75cents, the media and the trouble downloading/burning costs more than 75cents :P)

Thread Information