Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SnezziDS v0.28a - Snes Emulator for the DS

I may be willing to donate to see this on the MMD...

Getting it to work on the MMD would also make it work on the GBAMP. Unfortunately, it would require a major architecture change, as it's currently setup to read the files like a GBA would, requiring lightning-fast read times. The Supercard and M3 have RAM they can copy the game to that provides this, but the GBAMP and MMD are only Compact Flash adapters and would be too slow.

DCEmu Newbie

Noob question, how do u use this.
    I´m putting it on my Supercard SD, does it need to be CF or what ?

Do i just put the snezzi.nds on the SD card and go ?
    When i start it, it just gets black and nothin happens.

Thank you

omg how on earth do you get this to work on CF?

Quote Originally Posted by deadmike View Post
    Noob question, how do u use this.
    I´m putting it on my Supercard SD, does it need to be CF or what ?

Do i just put the snezzi.nds on the SD card and go ?
    When i start it, it just gets black and nothin happens.

Thank you
    No, the snezzi.nds file is not supposed to be put on the card. Drag and drop your SNES game onto the included snezzi.exe file, which will combine your game with the snezzi.nds emulator core, creating a new file with the same name as your SNES rom file. Copy this file to your card and run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05 View Post
    Thats what people dont realise the coders dont have all the cards available. If you guys consider that theres coders that are reall good to the nds seen then lets start a fun to get them one. Dont get me wrong i apreciate all the work all our members and none members do. But i dont apressiate when people get mad at a coder for not realising it in another card like MMD. Well instead of getting mad at the coder why dont they just say great work hopefully someone can make a version for this tipe of card.
    I have never seen as much incorrect spelling in my life as I have seen in acidburns post on page 2. Seriously, releasing, not realising, type, not tipe. I only pray that one of 2 things are going on in your head, that you are purposefully ****ing up the english language, or your under the age of 12. My bet is on the first answer!

P.s. He does have a point, but I have yet to see anyone get mad at the coders for this.

Quote Originally Posted by GleamingSands View Post
    I have never seen as much incorrect spelling in my life as I have seen in acidburns post on page 2. Seriously, releasing, not realising, type, not tipe. I only pray that one of 2 things are going on in your head, that you are purposefully ****ing up the english language, or your under the age of 12. My bet is on the first answer!

P.s. He does have a point, but I have yet to see anyone get mad at the coders for this.
    Had the thought ever occurred to you the op native tongue may not be english, C'mon, Give the guy a chance.

Btw, Great emulator, Just figuring out what layer each of the background options does.

No, the thought never did occur to me, as I am a total Jackass... seriously, what he said, great emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, this is great! So far I've been just trying metroid out. The JU rom works WITH sound, only at the intero atm, but its flawless so far! The E rom only runs if sound is off.

Great work man.

One of the biggest problems I have witnessed with posting emulators for the Nintendo DS is not only the fact that people mindlessly bash any project that does not support their card-type, but that the projects themselves rarely state what card type a given program can or cannot work with.

While I would be lying if I were to claim that I never got mad at someone for releasing an emulator that would not work with my card type (in my case, CF for the MMD), what really irritates me is when, given all the memory card types used in DS emulation, coders and project team members do not list what works and what does not.

Granted, not all programmers have the ability to try out all card types. I can accept this, but only to a point. Beta testing and general feedback on what works and does not work (preferably in a civilized tone) is a great way to go on this.

While I am at it, I should also like to point out that, while some of the people griping about their supported cart type being unsupported can be irritating and rude, it is equally rude for people to launch a collective attack against those that gripe. Rudeness to counter rudeness only leads to no solution.

Mikaa

Thread Information