Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NeoCD/PS2 v0.0.2a Released

Blog Entries

Default NeoCD/PS2 v0.0.2a Released

Evilo has released a new version of his NeoGeo CD emulator for ther PS2, heres whats new:[br][br] - Mainly a bug fix regarding the loading/booting code :[br]Lots of people had problems while running the emulator,[br]so I made a more robust code that should allow to [br]run it even launched from your toaster now ![br](MC and HDD not tested, but code is there)[br]- fix controller bug (stop responding after a while) [br][br]As the emulator has currently some issues with detection of some games, I will release a non official dev build to allow everybody to test the emulator. Please note that this version will no be maintained once the problem will be fixed [br][br]Download Here

Blog Entries

Default Re: NeoCD/PS2 v0.0.2a Released

anyone try this great emu yet?

come on post some reports

DCEmu Coder

Hi Wraggster,

thanks ! but note that I don't think the emu can already be called great.... as it is still not complete as I would like, and for the moment it still lack all lot of thing (including most of all sound support), however, apart that compatibility shouldn't be so far from the PC version.

However some games are already running at a quite descent speed (z80 core is running aswell) even if the optimization is not at it's maximum.

Then I'd like to switch both CPU core to some "newer" one (mc68k from stef, as soon as a stable version will be out, stef PLZ CONTACT ME SEE PM, and z80 core from mame), with an estimated result a speed and compatibility increase (at least I hope).... also look to the last mame neogeo driver to update the "code" (also mame originated) present in the initial port (there is a lot of problem in many games, zoom issue, sprites missing, etc...)

damn, some good technical docs are also really missing on the neocd console !

Blog Entries

Nice to see you Evilo ( i did recognise your nickname as soon as you registered)

Its great to see some activity in the PS2 Emulation scene after what has seemed to be a massive absence of new releases.

We do have the coders behind the ports of NeoCD to the Dreamcast and Xbox visit this site so they may be able to throw some useful hints your way.

keep up the great work

DCEmu Coder

Thank you

It's mostly that abscence of emulator release that has motivated me to get started with emulation on ps2 ... ! Xbox and DC had almost everyday sthg new, and almost nothing for our nice ps2 ;(

I just hope it will also motivate people to start sthg also, personnaly I'd like to see some TG16, System16 and CPS emu on the ps2...

regarding other port, yes I already talked with ian, and gave him some report during first development stage, but maybe it could be a good idea to join our force and try to improve the emulator (with all possibilities, tasks could be shared).

see you !

DCEmu Regular

Yes I don't see any reason why PS2 coders and DC coders can get along together. However there still 2 very different beast the PS2 and the DC that is so there will always be some differences in the coding styles for the systems.

Blog Entries

Yeah i too would like to see emulation pushed further on the PS2, even Nintendo 64 emulation should be possible and GBA emulation too.

DCEmu Regular

I think n64 is to far of a push.

Blog Entries

yeah i don't think it could handle n64, maybe gba though.

I'll have to get some more cdr's then i'll try your emu out
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

DCEmu Coder

Come on guys..... I agree with you on the N64, but plz don't say that "maybe" GBA emulation would be possible on the PS2 !! even if harder to code, the PS2 is anyway a "bit" more powerfull that the DC, so it's clearly possible

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information