Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: final fantasy is crap

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: final fantasy is crap

What I hate about about FF and most RPG's is the lame turn-based battle systems.

I find it retarded that you have to take turns, why can't you just duke it out?

I never played the Phantasy Star games cause of that, yet, I really enjoy PSO cause you can just walk up to any monster and kill them at will. That's why I consider the Wonder Boy/Monster World series the best RPG series ever, cause apart from the fact that the games kick major proportions of arse, you can just kill enemies at will, yet still have the story, still have to talk to people and all that kind of thing you do in RPGs. Shenmue is much the same, but Shenmue is far more than just an RPG, but essentially it is.

What also bothers me, is why people think you need a good story to make a good game? When I was a 7 year old playing Wonder Boy 3 on my Master System, I didn't even know the game had a story, I was enjoying killing monsters and getting better armour and finding secrets. I didn't care that Monster World needed me to save them.

DCEmu Newbie

yes i agree about the turn based system i prefer to get stuck in

I cant really imagine an RPG without a good story... Thats just kind of wierd.

[quote author=souLLy link=board=ps2;num=1088155385;start=15#27 date=06/28/04 at 07:29:02]and because of this we get Tom's hotdog stand, with token ghetto blaster... and if you wanna see an rpg with a bunch of black characters : http://www.ben-hosier.com/wheresben/
    [/quote]

/me supports the shameless plug.

[quote author=biagrin_sackville link=board=ps2;num=1088155385;start=15#28 date=06/28/04 at 08:06:16]who the f**k are you calling ignorant? i was agreeing you storminator. it seems that you are touchy to if you managed to get pissed of by a statement which was supporting you.[/quote]

First of all, no need to get hostile about it, I'm not mad. But you have to realize how offensive "thats because so many black people act like that instead of being normal" statement sort of rubbed me the wrong way. I have a complex about it because I believe everyone not from the U.S. only associate "African Americans" (I hate that term) is with the roles played by actors from our stupid American movies. I'm probably not far from my assumption because I see kids in other countries (like Japan..look at Jet Set Radio) embracing everything "hip hop". It bothers the hell out of me.

DCEmu Regular

allright this topic is officially going nowhere....fast...
    everyone has said their peice and it's time to drop it

[quote author=guymelef link=board=ps2;num=1088155385;start=30#34 date=06/28/04 at 21:21:28]allright this topic is officially going nowhere....fast...
    everyone has said their peice and it's time to drop it[/quote]

Why?

DCEmu Newbie

theres no need to drop anything cos we are not slagging each other off. okay fair enough the normal statement wasnt meant to sound like that. i understand what your problem is with this stereotype cos in england its the same problem here - everybody black has always got to be this hip hop wise cracking jive talker. i dont know many black people but i do know one and the only way i can describe him is as a gentleman. i know your touchy but you do have to give or take a little. i dont know what its like in america same way you probably dont know what its like in england (ill have to tell you sometime) so i dont dont know the things you have to put up with in american culture the same way you dont know the crap i have to put up with in british culture. people are people and not black white or whatever. you are you i am me and everyone is evryone

hey ok my ten cents, my two cents his free

I like FF which include I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,XI

I don't like seven its story is wack and its vastly overrated
    I don't like Nine because of a couple reasons
    1) they said the crystal was back and that is a liar liar pants of fire situation, it showed up at the end, I don't know why it was even there

2) I don't like the charcters or there desiegn its all not realistic

3) finally (hahaha *not pun indeded) it just didn't understand the story maybe my brain is not devolped enough

I despise FF10 for a couple of the same reasons
    1) I don't get the story
    2) characters are lame
    3) they made a sequal to a Final
    4) tidus is gay ( i got nothing against the quire folk, but i like a main character be to a strong warrior, not a Bltch a$$ orphan who complains about how his daddy never hugged him
    5) wakka throws a ball how is that a weapon i

As for the whole turnbased fight mode well it started from table-top rpgs where you take turns
    hey it was a board game, and if everyone goes without turns I would have 7 hotels on boardwalk and parkplace by now, that don't make good board games

but FFXI is a little different go up two a monster start wailing on him

as for the cutscenes yeah in ff ten and ten-two the have a lot a cutscene, but at least i don't have to read, i am lazy
    i don't know about you but on FF8 i used a turbo controller so i missed some key points to the story

X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X

THE MAIN REASON I DO NOT LIKE 7 10 10-2
    is I jus don't get or understand the stories and the parts I do, I don't like

DCEmu Newbie

Hey I love the Series as much as everyone else but 10-2 is a flaming homosexual they killed sin what are they killing this time atari spaceships..... this is so gay I think this is the gayest game in the sereis so go to hell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information