Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BootDreams 0.1 released (selfboot tool)

Default BootDreams 0.1 released (selfboot tool)

A new selfboot tool has made its way by yours truely.

BootDreams will pave the way for all things to come (not really, just wanted it to sound good). Actually, this selfboot tool is fully packed. Check out some of the cool features it has:

- Create DiscJuggler images
    - Create Nero TAO & DAO images
    - Burn a disc with a single click using the CDRecord GUI
    - Burn to a fresh or continue a multi-session disc with the CDRecord GUI (for DemoMenu and DCHakker)
    - Burn AUDIO/DATA & DATA/DATA formatted discs with the CDRecord GUI
    - Detect the status of binary when creating image (you will be alerted when the binary is unscrambled)
    - Create an IP.BIN if none is detected
    - Option to auto-dummy a CD (AUDIO/DATA dummying has a cool feature, the audio is the dummy, saving your Dreamcast's laser from sliding all over the place on a regular file dummy)
    - Rockridge & Joliet Support (no more file names in NesterDC as SUPERMARIO_!__USA_.NES)
    - BDS file support (Place these bad boys in the \bds folder. Select the one for your homebrew game and if a required file wasn't found, it'll let you know and stop the image creation)

I still have things planned for other versions, but I won't list them here. I don't want to dissapoint anyone if it never gets done. If you notice any problems, and I mean any, e-mail me at [email protected]. Hope you enjoy!

Download BootDreams 0.1 over at Dreamcast Help.

I must give a big thanks for the following people:
    BlackAura for isostrip and his knowledge about CDRecord
    SiZiOUS for creating a command line version of IP.BIN Creator
    curt_grymala, OmegaDog, SiZiOUS for testing
    http://www.visualbasicforum.com for their help with my screwed up code.

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: BootDreams 0.1 released (selfboot tool)

Must check this out when i get home.

Doesn't seem to work correctly for me.... when i try to boot up the image on Chankast, it starts loading and the shows the audio cd screen with 99 tracks :-/... haven't tested it on a real dc though :

DCEmu Newbie

wow what's a wonderfull release, better than selfboot , i love the cd-record GUI , it will be great if it was possible to burn pre-made cdi image with this GUI ( so i can fire my nero and alcohol from my HD wooshhh... :P ) .

Also I think it will be cool to make two versions : - the light one with only CD-record GUI

- an extended version with many more feature .

anyway cool release

I make an ISO and open it using CDmage (two times). It looks like this images has a lot of errors. It will work? I think nope.

It's been fully tested. I'm not sure which image you create and checked. DiscJuggler images, they've been tested and worked. Nero images, they've been tested and works. CDRecord GUI has been tested and it works.

Whether they work in CDMage or anything else, I don't know.

I've spent 2 weeks straight, hour after hour on this project - not that it's relevant, I just thought you guys should know.

Hey guys, sorry - BootDream 0.1's BDS file support didn't fully work. I've release a fix to this which you can get it at the link in the first post.

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=Pavlik link=board=dcapp;num=1109835461;start=0#4 date=03/04/05 at 00:46:10]I make an ISO and open it using CDmage (two times). It looks like this images has a lot of errors. It will work? I think nope.[/quote]

Don't worry about the errors -- WinRAR isn't able to read these ISO images either, but when the ISO images you've made are burned onto disc tracks, the DC (and your comp) should read them just fine from the disc.

Anyway, it was great to be able to test it. Definitely a nice and easy way to go from a set of plainfiles to a bootable disc.

Wow, this sounds like the ultimate selfboot kit! Especially the neat features as Rockridge support, audio/data or data/data and dummying makes me want to step of my religion of using BurnerO's Selboot Buddy 2.0. I'll check it out soon, thanks fackue!

[quote author=Pavlik link=board=dcapp;num=1109835461;start=0#4 date=03/04/05 at 00:46:10]I make an ISO and open it using CDmage (two times). It looks like this images has a lot of errors. It will work? I think nope.[/quote]

CDMage doesn't handle Dual Sessions used for selfbootable Dreamcast games thats all, most the time CDMage will just freeze totally atempting to open dual session images

It also can't read the iso files made with mkisofs even though they are just fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information