Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Times, slates the PS3

DCEmu Newbie

That article was written by another XBOX fanboy. My friend is one of them. They bash Playstation any chance they get. I don't understand why XBOX fanboys all follow the Playstation scene very closely more so that Playstation users themselves. I don't like the XBOX and I don't follow its scene at all. I think deep down XBOX users all have Playstation envy. Its the only explanation.

I still think the PS3 is far overated. Im not really rich so I cant afford $600 of electronics

Another thing: If this was writen and published, I doubt the writer was just saying this to make the PS3 look bad. He/she most likely tested it over and over and came to this conclusion.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SnesR0X View Post
    wrong, November 2006, and other places March 2007, the ps3 has 20 and 60 GB hard drives, and the 360 hard drive is completely removeable, but there are no others avaliable for it yet. so yeah, don't use really old stats to argue with
    You say that yet only point out the release day and the Xbox360's retarded hard drive feature? Don't debate with me unless you have an equal or significantly more amount of evidence to prove your claim.

The release date issue is just BS; the only markets that really matter in terms of the PS3s success are Japan and the US. And the Xbox360 HD point you suggested, doesn't mean $#@! either; opening your 360 voids your warranty; opening your PS3 doesn't. So yeah, remove your HD from the Xbox360 but forget about getting it repaired for free...

I guess its just fun to kick the mighty while they are down. Let hope sony can get back up with a the haters kicking.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

about the 360 hard drive: You just push a button to remove it, that is, you don't open the console. Next time check you facts

teraflop speed: both number are Theoretical Peak Performance, which are never achieved is real life/ in an actually game. Its just BS that both companys put out to impress people.

You can't compare spec like that number to number as every components is very different from each other.

for a very details technical look in the ps3 vs 360 read this.
    its a very good article, and unbiased. Over all both the 360 and ps3 have there own pros and cons. But he did point out that the 6 cells (one cell is used only for the OS and can't be used for games) are more powerful than the 360 3 PPE's but the xbox 360 are more robust and easier to program for.

now, potentially the ps3 can produce "busier" games than the 360, but very complex and accurate proraming is need to use all 6 cells at once, at their max. The question is, how hard is it?

PS3 is so nice, how can he insult it like that, he should be shot.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    about the 360 hard drive: You just push a button to remove it, that is, you don't open the console. Next time check you facts

teraflop speed: both number are Theoretical Peak Performance, which are never achieved is real life/ in an actually game. Its just BS that both companys put out to impress people.

You can't compare spec like that number to number as every components is very different from each other.

for a very details technical look in the ps3 vs 360 read this.
    its a very good article, and unbiased. Over all both the 360 and ps3 have there own pros and cons. But he did point out that the 6 cells (one cell is used only for the OS and can't be used for games) are more powerful than the 360 3 PPE's but the xbox 360 are more robust and easier to program for.

now, potentially the ps3 can produce "busier" games than the 360, but very complex and accurate proraming is need to use all 6 cells at once, at their max. The question is, how hard is it?
    Well that article is certainly informative and interesting. Hadn't known it was as complicated as that...

But even though you mention the Xbox360 hard drive being removable, isn't it proprietary, that doesn't allow for upgrading without buying Microsoft hardware?

if you mean you have to use a Microsoft hard drive, then yes. Is that not the same with the ps3?

having said that you can attach (near) any external HD, fpen drive etc to the 360 but that's only for mp3 and videos etc, but not game data. I thought it was the same with the ps3

back in the mega drive and snes days it was easier to compare systems as they were far less complex, but these days, you can judge from raw numbers.

DCEmu Rookie

You dont have to use sony's official harddrive. Iirc, you can use the Seagate hd or whatever hardrive you want.

for saves, gamer profiles etc?

the reason saves a locked to the MS hard drive is to stop cheating with achievement points (even though people have got round it, MS have plug a good few holes)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information