Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Sega Genesis Collection is missing

Blog Entries

psp What Sega Genesis Collection is missing

Via PSPFanboy

The Sega Genesis Collection has been earning some good reviews from critics. Featuring 28 games at a bargain price, it's certainly a steal (especially compared to the insane prices of Sega's Virtual Console offerings). However, Modojo points out the titles that could've been part of this collection to make quite possibly the greatest game anthology ever. Here's but a sampling of their suggestions:

Gunstar Heroes Treasure's action game is beloved by hardcore gamers everywhere. It's probably not included in the Collection simply because people like myself will be buying it on the Wii Virtual Console... at least two times.
    Toe Jam & Earl Yet another game that Nintendo Wii owners will be downloading. Classic platforming.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Well, the first two are in the collection.
    Sonic & Knuckles See above.
    Streets of Rage It's only like, totally, the best beat-em-up, like, ever created.
    Streets of Rage 2 See above.
    Disney's Aladdin I think this breaks the rules, as the game was developed by Capcom. However, this is licensed platforming at its best.
    Michael Jackson's Moowalker No comment.
    Considering how many more classics remain in the Genesis library, it wouldn't surprise me if Sega didn't make yet another compilation of these games, and more. In fact, if Sega made a compilation of just these games alone, they'd be more than worth the price of admission. C'mon Sega! Let me give you more money!

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker definitely should have been in there.

I loved that game! He was cool, when he was still black and had a nose.

:rofl:

Shining Force I and II would have been great, the selection either way definitely could have been better.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Streets of Rage 1 & 2... That would be worth the price itself.

No streets of Rage 3, come on, its not worth it without that too

DCEmu Newbie

Just 3 more games pls!!!!
    Castelvania
    S Contra
    aladdin

Unfortunately wraggster, the snes version was the only one developed by capcom. The Genesis version was developed by....
    I forget who did it, but I think it was virgin games at the time. They are 2 completely different games.

"Y's III Wanderers from Y's" the only good sidescroller RPG ever made...

and I still say that Y's The Vannished Omens needs to be released for PSP in some collection... (even though it was SMS not Genesis, it should still be released...) that way, I dont have to finish my current remake of it, and can just buy it lol...

Hello:

First, The Aladdin game for Genesis was published by Sega and developed by Virgin games and Disney under the ingenious eye of David Perry, founder of Shiny Entertainment. Yes, the house behind Enter the Matrix and Path of Neo games. Sega can easily put this remarkable game on the Virtual Console.

Another game that worth mention to possible candidate for Wii is The Revenge of Shinobi or Super Shinobi. That game is the first of the Shinobi series and do not appear on the Sega collection for PS2. What a shame!

Other titles that would be nice to see available on the Virtual Console are: Beyond Oasis (I think in Europe the title is The Story of Thor); Eternal Champions (I prefer the Sega Mega CD version); X-Men (both versions. The second game is much better).

It should have had zero wing. "All your base are belong to us" lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information