Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold My Psp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy Sold My Psp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i'm quite happy but also sad...

sold is for £200 (same as i bought it for).

Reason for selling...It is an awesome device but there are many problems with it that people won't admit so let me be the first:

1) size, even for a hand held it is too big (something the size of the gba sp would be much better)

2) glossy finish, although it may look nice, you have to clean it constantly because of fingerprints.

3) the gap between the buttons and the case is wide enough for dust to creep in and eventually may damage console.

4) if it falls, £200 loss

5) too fragile (have to be extremely careful), build quality doesn't feel great

6) square button on jap version is a bit dodgy, problems could develop

7) a bit heavy, can hurt wrists after constant play.

8) almost exactly like a ps2, which is good, but if you have a ps2 then it seems little point in getting something similar unless you are on the move a lot and have the confidence of using it in public (don't try to pretend you are tony montana and walk down the street with it, especially if you live in south london)

(and also would like to say other good things about the device - poor battery life - LOAD OF RUBBISH, you can easily play enough before charging, long loading times -AGAIN LOAD OF RUBBISH, loading times are quite fast on ridge racer)

And let me say to all those psp fans before you start gunning me down. i don't hate sony or am not a nintendo lover also. i'm just stating my experience with the device - and although it is amazing, there are, as with most things made in this world, problems that shouldn't be overlooked.

I'm going to get a Nintendo DS for now - something different from a ps2, which i already have... i have a gba sp and the ds looks nice, innovative gameplay, and unique. might not have an mp3 player or movie player yet so that is a little bit of a downside.

i will though get a UK version of the PSP when it is released, and hopeful they will make it a little less glossy and fix some problems.

DCEmu Newbie

i dont know who tony montana is?! but overall well said!
    the problems with it are minor ones, but i just feel that the uk hasnt been fully prepared for the psp yet. oh and i wouldnt recommend walking around with it showing in east london as well.
    the only reason id get a ds though, is for super smash bros multiplayer! yeah baby!

Tony Montana is the biggest, baddest, craziest gangstar (al pacino) from scarface.

DCEmu Newbie

first of all the DS is bigger than the psp... i agree with you that the battery life suck... I heard that the UK and the US version PSP will not have a damaged sqaure button..i dont think u should get a DS because those games are not that good. They are all the same like the old game boy versions except they have better graphics. So whats the use of getting a ds?

some games will be extremely good - (not racing games other than mario kart). but when final fantasy 3, zelda, pro evo, mario kart, goldeneye, lost in blue, and nanostray are all released then there i will be happy. at the moment there are only kids games, i know.

DCEmu Newbie

well the psp has other good features...if you compare DS to PSP, DS is like linux and PSP is like Microsoft.

sold your PSP?? i think that deserves a banning.... lol

anyways, between the PSP and the DS, the DS sucks ass at the moment, there is no good games out for it at all, except Mario DS but if i wanna play Mario il get either my N64 out or the N64 emu on xbox. The touch screen can be cool but the novelty wears off quickly.

i really do not mind the battery life on the PSP, since i end up going home every day as soon as i get in my house i put it on charger. also the size of it doesnt bother me, to me it seems the perfect size for what it can do (PS2 quality) and i think the buttons are placed just right (except when i play ridge racers for a while my right thumb feels funny but that is expected).

shame on you for selling it and getting a DS instead, (lol) but hey, do what you want

DCEmu Newbie

lol.. man..i cant believe you tho! PSP for DS?!?! C'mon man, what are you smoking? you should think about it...

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Size too big - rubbish!

Glossy - get a screen guard!

Heavy - go to the gym!

Build quality - looks and feels great to me!

Dust in gaps - clean your house regularly!

SOLD IT TO GET A DS - MAD MAD MAD!!!

ok maybe your pockets are big enough to carry it. not everyone wears what you do.
    i have got a screen guard - its not just the screen that is glossy, the whole unit it.
    it is heavy after using it for constant play - your wrists may hurt.
    build quality is poor, if the build quality was good then there wouldn't be issues like the square button.
    don't lie to me and say dust doesn't creep inside your unit - or at least after time you will see.
    i'm not here to start a psp/ds war.

i've actually decided to keep my psp AND get the ds. you shouldn't be too proud of what you have. if you say all is good then the next machine sony makes you will find the same problems. it's better to admit the problems and so when the guys from sony read this they will have something to work on. THINK.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information