Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Systems would you like to see emulated on Dreamcast ?

DCEmu Rookie

The thing I'd like to see more than anything else is improvement/refinement of the MESS-based emulators. So Atari Lynx, Atari 7800, Intellivision, Vectrex, etc. If you're an old Atari fan, the two-player simultaneous play mode of Asteroids and Centipede on the 7800 is a must-have.

As for new emus, I'd love to see some of the PC pinball emus ported to the DC. Like Visual Pinball and/or PinMAME. If someone could pull that off, they'd be literally providing us with years and years worth of entertainment.

Oh, and more development for playing Build Engine games--like Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood--on the DC.

Ok, I think that's enough wishful thinking for one day.

-HD

My classific preference (news emulators)
    ----------------------------------------
    1) AMSTRAD CPC
    2) BBC ELECTRON
    3) VECTREX
    4) GAME WATCH NINTENDO EMU
    5) VIC 20
    6) NEO GEO POCKET

My classific preference (emulators near to complete)
    --------------------------------------------------
    1) AMIGA EMULATOR
    2) ATARI ST
    3)PC ENGINE
    4) NEO GEO CD
    5) SUPERNINTENDO (BUT I THINK WICH NEVER CAN BE PERFECT)

------------------------------------------------
    for the MAME a version wich work a lot of new games ( TIGER ROAD, PYSICH 5, AND CPS 1

^_^ I PREY every day for those emu, and for the coders wich are GREAT MEN THANK AT ALL.

The atari LYNX is vomit of console, rubbish games at part BLUE LIGHTING is rygar, BLEAH $#@! of console :|

I think there's a Armstad CPC emu already available here at DCEmu Uk

VIC 20, that would bring back so many fond memories.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Talking

Sega Saturn.... Oh wait... I should get some work done on that again.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather just see the current batch refined and "perfected", rather than introduce a new batch of rough ports.

-NeoGeo CD. I know Quzar's been plugging away at this one, and he has a few nifty surprises in store for it...should be a damn good program by the time he's done.

-PCEngine/TurboDuo. I want my Drac X

-Gameboy Advance. GPF started on this, and got himself so bogged down in projects it's a wonder he gets anything done at all . It'll be quite a boon if/when this one finally makes it out, though, as it opens the doors to the *other* huge console development community and all their enticing wares.

-Super NES. Yes, it would be nice to see DreamSNES or SuperFamicast polished and brought up to full speed. To be perfectly honest, though, I don't expect it to ever happen.

-NES. We already have a great NES emulator, but I think most folks will agree with me here that NesterDC SE is going to kick ass and take names when it finally lands. Probably one of the most anticipated projects currently in the works.

-Genesis. BlackAura has taken this leaps and bounds in the last several months, thanks to a number of factors. Can't wait to see the end result.

-ScummVM. I just like this thing . And it's constantly improving.

...Oh, and a Game & Watch program would probably be a simulator, not an emulator. Emulation for something like that would be both tricky and a waste of time, when you could just code clones of the games much more easily.

DCEmu Regular

ok...

New Emus/ Runners i want/ would like:
    -Visual Pinball or VpinMame, would be totally awesome, ive done couple of tables meself.
    -Tiger Game.com: is it possible?
    -Commodore Vic20
    -Bally Astrocade
    -LED, LCD and gamewatch games from the 80s would be hella rad, or a thing that can "simulate", or whatever the old LED games, like the coleco Mini arcade games.
    -the GBA emu, i know gpf started this, and then he got hella bogged down, this is just a wish list, not a demand.

hmmm, what else/ improvements/ modifications what i'd like to see in current emus or already released emus:
    Intellivision: I'd like a better menu, easier to run, voice and full speed if possible, auto seelect a basic sound setup, throttleing, etc, and eaiser rom/ menu exit/ return system.
    Vectrex: speed up, better menu, rom selection system, auto select sound qaulity, so you can just start the emu, select a rom, and go.
    Atari Lynx and 7800: better speed, auto select sound quality, etc, same like above.

Atari 5200 & 8bit comuter emu: An easier to use menu and rom/ cart/ tape/ disck image selector for it, with auto system select, and auto-reboot to start games up real simple, like nester.

a commodore 64 emu that doens't crash, (i may get my butt kicked for that last couple words), or a patch for us NTSC people.

Sound / more on: PlusIVEDC, the commodore plus4 emu?

also, this is a wierder thought i have: in gnuboy, when you're playing the black and white games, wouldn't it be cool to: a) not have the off-white b) be able to set up a little color selector so that you can choose what you want for black, and for white, ie: white = black and black = red would be like virtual boy, orange n black for halloween (old mono monitors too) and green = black + black = white so it would look like the old green screen mono PC / Apple monitors.

please don't ban me, these are just wishes. yes i'd like fullspeed snes too, but, i dont want to get in trouble.
    thanks.

I can't wait for the PCE emu, Even if it just ran Hu cards it would be amazing. That and also by quzar, The Neo Geo CD emu is looking fantastic.

I'm also looking forward to Blackaura's MD emu.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Matisfaction
    I can't wait for the PCE emu, Even if it just ran Hu cards it would be amazing. That and also by quzar, The Neo Geo CD emu is looking fantastic.

I'm also looking forward to Blackaura's MD emu.
    um... i DID finally release a preview of it. plays hucards and isos....
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Yeah tried it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information