Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Systems would you like to see emulated on Dreamcast ?

PC engine without a shadow of a doubt, its probably the one console that should be pretty uncomplicated to convert as the architecture of the original was simplicity itself. I also have it on VERY good authority that the Snes can indeed get to 100% on the dreamcast, the only reason it hasnt was that the original DreamSnes coders were too busy to finish it, Trust me the dreamcast can handle the snes at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Hevyduty
    The thing I'd like to see more than anything else is improvement/refinement of the MESS-based emulators. So Atari Lynx, Atari 7800, Intellivision, Vectrex, etc. If you're an old Atari fan, the two-player simultaneous play mode of Asteroids and Centipede on the 7800 is a must-have.[...]
    Quote Originally Posted by obelisk
    [...]hmmm, what else/ improvements/ modifications what i'd like to see in current emus or already released emus:
    Intellivision: I'd like a better menu, easier to run, voice and full speed if possible, auto seelect a basic sound setup, throttleing, etc, and eaiser rom/ menu exit/ return system.
    Vectrex: speed up, better menu, rom selection system, auto select sound qaulity, so you can just start the emu, select a rom, and go.
    Atari Lynx and 7800: better speed, auto select sound quality, etc, same like above.

Atari 5200 & 8bit comuter emu: An easier to use menu and rom/ cart/ tape/ disck image selector for it, with auto system select, and auto-reboot to start games up real simple, like nester..
    What you guys wrote reminds that I would love to see all those emus IMR "did" (using Warmtoe's MAME & MESS ports) redone with proper menus and without the usual IMR bugs. A recompile with the most recent KOS version alone should bring all of them to full speed, and then there are the new Z80 cores by Stef and Fox68K

a commodore 64 emu that doens't crash, (i may get my butt kicked for that last couple words), or a patch for us NTSC people.

Sound / more on: PlusIVEDC, the commodore plus4 emu?

also, this is a wierder thought i have: in gnuboy, when you're playing the black and white games, wouldn't it be cool to: a) not have the off-white b) be able to set up a little color selector so that you can choose what you want for black, and for white, ie: white = black and black = red would be like virtual boy, orange n black for halloween (old mono monitors too) and green = black + black = white so it would look like the old green screen mono PC / Apple monitors.
    That sounds like a good idea for Visual Troy Advance

X68000
    Acorn/Risc PC (Risc OS)

-Bally Astrocade
    I'd just like to highlight that suggestion. The Astrocade is a great system and I'd love to be able to play it through my Dreamcast. I think it could be done with the MESS source.

A new playable Neo Geo Pocket emulator would be lovely. The world must be exposed to Ganbare Neo Poke-kun!

And I have to mention the Sega CD even if it's not likely to ever happen.

I agree, though, that improvements to existing emulators would be nicer to me. I'd like to see improvements to emulators in this order:
    1) TurboGrafx
    2) SNES (I think it's absolutely possible to get fullspeed)
    3) Amiga
    4) MSX

By the way, quzar, why doesn't HuCast support original Turbo CD discs? Was it just easier to get ISOs working for a quick preview port or is there some stumbling block that might keep them from ever working? I'd really love to be able to play original Turbo CD discs on the Dreamcast. Arcade Card discs, too, if that's possible (I think the Arcade Card had 8MB of RAM or something, so even though the DC has way more RAM than that, it still might be pushing it in terms of real world use).

...word is bondage...

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Sweater Fish Deluxe
    By the way, quzar, why doesn't HuCast support original Turbo CD discs? Was it just easier to get ISOs working for a quick preview port or is there some stumbling block that might keep them from ever working? I'd really love to be able to play original Turbo CD discs on the Dreamcast. Arcade Card discs, too, if that's possible (I think the Arcade Card had 8MB of RAM or something, so even though the DC has way more RAM than that, it still might be pushing it in terms of real world use).
    just easier. the basic problem is that hugo is actually almost 2 programs merged into one. they are tied together with the gui. it was just easier to get the card/iso part working.

also, i think it already supports arcade cards. i know supergfx games work. its 16megabits for the arcade cards. 2mb =P, shouldnt be a problem.

all i want... is a full speed ngpc and a full speed snes emulator!!! nothing more! RAWR, you already completed the neogeo cd emulator of everyones dreams.

DCEmu Rookie

Would love a trs-80 coco emu and a to see soul captor with a rom selection menu.

Fixed EEPROM emulation for Game Gear games so I can play Majors Pro Baseball again!

DCEmu Regular

32 X and Mega CD at all COSTS!!!!!
    Also would love to see:Sega Saturn,Nokia Ngage,Playstation(i heard that bleemcast is preety good)...
    Thats all....

Mega CD can be very difficult, because Mega CD's an add-on, which means we must emulate his hardware in more of the megadrive (=Genesis). This was written by Stef, creator of Gens.

For me i'm waiting of PSX emulation.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information