Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chankast to Xbox Port Rumour

DCEmu Regular

Default Re: Chankast to Xbox Port Rumour

Yeah and i'm sure that everyone has that meany arcade boards sitting at home.
    Btw one reason I feel its right for Naomi emulation is because most of the games are out for dc.
    See and I see it as being morally fine to play the Naomi roms of a game you own for DC instead of having to use a coder cable and rip your game and make a iso just to play it.
    I also feel that its morally fine to play the US version of a game if you only paid for the Import version or vice versa.

Dream Coder

If you have a game and a coders cable and a DC there is no good reason to use chankast.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

Yeah and i'm sure that everyone has that meany arcade boards sitting at home.
    No, but there are many, take a look over at vaps, I took my extra money over the last
    8+ years and turned it to my hobby. I have no fear of of using my real name when posting on emulation boards etc..

I see it as being morally fine to play the Naomi roms of a game you own for DC
    Ask sega what they think, you're still able to buy the
    romsets/conversion kits from them for most of the NaomiI&II board sets.. They aren't $25 dreamcast
    games, they're $200+ boardsets..
    By the way.. how are you going to get the game images
    from your roms/eproms , or gdrom? not to mention the
    protection e2prom??

btw that is an awsome looking collection.
    Thank you.. add about 2.5 pages but there's
    alot of doubles, and bootlegs though..Not
    to mention 7 full machines, and 6 pinballs..
    Used to buy lots at a time from local shops so I'd
    get the PCB's at about $5-8cdn each, had to repair well over 1/2 of them..
    but after selling/trading I'm only down about $3000cdn. which is actually amazing..

Here's a friend I used to buy lots with, this boy
    is soo anal about making the machines mint again.
    http://pages.infinit.net/edg/arcade.html

DCEmu Pro

quzar what is the assumption i'm stupid? Please dont insult my intelligence it's not like i've got a pHD in aeronautical engineering. (let me enlighten you thats to do with aerodynamics, figured you might not get that) but I'm not dumb.

I meant that as a comercial machine for sega DC is all but dead. I have nothing against warez.

Kamjin, I'm well aware that some people have pcbs, I have a mslug one, complete with cabinet. But that doesn't change the fact that most people dont have the pcbs for all the roms they use.

face facts, most emulation is used for warez. I'm not syain all of it, i'm not sayin that its the intention of emulator writers, but if you dont want people to play warez on your emulator, simply let there be no controls programmed in the emu. simple, and it proves you can do it.

Blog Entries

Come on people keep it light hearted

Lets wait and see if a release happens.

DCEmu Coder

i've got a pHD in aeronautical engineering. (let me enlighten you thats to do with aerodynamics, figured you might not get that)
    You know.. just from these forums...
    if we all actually got togther with a few of our friends..
    we could take over the world ;D

I've know someone who completed his Masters
    in Aerospace.. that was bad enuf.. hat's off to you!

Kamjin, I'm well aware that some people have pcbs, I have a mslug one, complete with cabinet. But that doesn't change the fact that most people dont have the pcbs for all the roms they use.
    Just taking a complete side trying to prove the point..
    I heavily believe that if you own the album.. the mp3
    is fair game.. If the company can't provide you with
    a replacement.. I consider that a total forfeit of (C)
    As I got older I now draw the line a commercial viabilty.
    If you can buy it.. then it's warez.. but games from
    the 70's and 80's.. even the companies themselves
    tell you "unofficially" to look and download the rom
    images off the web..
    But you see, you did buy at least 1 game rather
    than emulate it.. lot's more fun in a cabinet on the
    original hardware ;D

People just can't be hardcore warez monkeys.. there's
    a limit to it..

Dream Coder

[quote author=Mental2k link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1090323867;start=75#83 date=07/27/04 at 17:17:07]face facts, most emulation is used for warez. I'm not syain all of it, i'm not sayin that its the intention of emulator writers, but if you dont want people to play warez on your emulator, simply let there be no controls programmed in the emu. simple, and it proves you can do it.[/quote]

much emulation can be used for either non-commercially viable games or can be used for original copies. Chankast can barely be used for either as it has issues with homebrew and cannot read GD-Roms. Even saying it could be used to replace a broken Dreamcast is wrong because you cannot legally play games on it without a functioning dreamcast to copy the games with (which already can be considered illegal).

Oh, and boasting on online forums is useless. anyone who is a big user on DCemulation.com probably remembers Falcon the 'Fighter Pilot'.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Pro

quzar lighten up. Technically, we're only alowed to have 1 identical copy of all software we own, which would mean it would have to be in the same format as the original, ie. a pcb would have to be copied to another identical pcb. If we could get pcs to easily read GD-roms, chankast would probably support it, but we cant, so ripped games are the only alternative. I think Kamjins last point pretty much sums up everything that has to be said on the subject of warez as far as this convo has to go. So let that be an end to our bickering!

I think Kamjins last point pretty much sums up everything that has to be said on the subject of warez as far as this convo has to go. So let that be an end to our bickering!

Aye, I find it unlikely that Chankast will come out for xbox anyways, but if or when it does we can worry about it then.

Dream Coder

Icarus had GD support ready supposedly. You can have non identical copies in the US under the DMCA. As long as it is an achivial copy it may be in any format and you may have as many as you want. The idea is that in order to fit something onto a CD, you have to muck around with the GD rom.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information