Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chankast The Good the Bad and The Ugly

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Chankast  The Good the Bad and The Ugly

Can i ask what is needed to get this emu running [glow=red,2,300]exactly[/glow]? other that the bios files.

We have tried it with windowz me. 98 and xp and fails to run, it nearly started on an xp machine we got the sega swerl then crashed.

There is a lack of information and documentation which caused a lot of spam on the board.

An Amazing Emulator i must say, and i look forward to seeing some really good homebrew screens when its capable of running them.

As to getting it up and running this is the worst emu i have ever encountered, but hopefully compatability will change allowing more of us to try it out. and give feed back and bug reports.

Default Re: Chankast *The Good the Bad and The Ugly

[quote author=tinku link=board=DCPCEmu;num=1086015718;start=0#10 date=06/01/04 at 19:43:09]Can i ask what is needed to get this emu running [glow=red,2,300]exactly[/glow]? other that the bios files.
    [/quote]

basicly you need a pretty up to date machine, a decent video card, and the bios. I tested the emulator on a 1.2 athalon and a 1.6 pentium 4, both with decent video cards. I got pretty good results. Anyways the requirments to run this is quite high, and i doubt that it will become much better.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Chankast *The Good the Bad and The Ugly

Chankast is the best first release emulator I've ever seen, and being a homebrew development is a massive achievement for the team. Chanka have proved they can play commercial software, but less in the homebrew space, presumably as it doesn't fully emulate the hardware, so hopefully there will be some major improvements in future.

Given the quality of some of the homebrew on the DC, I for one hope they emulate the hardware to the fullest extent possible.... even if I don't ever manage to figure out how to create a ScummVM image file that runs on it *:

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: Chankast  The Good the Bad and The Ugly

Is talking about emulation of Dreamcast commercial games warez ? Of course it is ! Such as talking about emulation of SNES commercial games, Master System commercial games, Pacman, Pong... None of them are in public domain yet as far as I know. Still...

"When I think of games such as Pacman, for which there must be only 4 or 5 original machines left, and that for copyright reasons some wants to prohibit emulation and thus make this game die... [disapproving pout in front of the camera]"

"I'm disgusted ! Elder machines and supports are not as reliable as they used to, if only one can still find some ! I know that I probably lost my first programs on tapes. They had been damaged with the time... ".

Know who does it comes from ? An interview of Frederic Reynal, ex-boss of No Cliché.... a studio which used to be owned 100% by Sega and which made games such as Toy Commander for Dreamcast. And yes, he was speaking about emulation and abandonware.

Now does it works for DC too ? Well, I'll let you make your own opinion, but considering the fact Dreamcast is not selling anymore, nor are games, and no editor now hope to make some money with DC games, I have mine (opinion). Sad to say but commercially, DREAMCAST IS DEAD.

And my opinion is that this warez fuss is truly hypocritical and that this commercial-games-no-no attitude in the DC boards and the DC scene in general is useless and hypocritical.

just my 2 cents worth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information