Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malvado

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Malvado

Malvado is a platforming game written in the DIV scripting language by Daniel Navarro which has been compiled using the GP32 Fenix compiler, then adapted for Dreamcast by Atari.[br][br]You can download it here: http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/fenix/malvado.shtml

Default Re: Malvado

Could You tell me about MALVADO.DCB file? This is a standard bin file (scrambled or unscrambled) maked with KOS? If it is a bin could You tell me what I must to do with directories (remove all dir's and move game files [without binary file of course] to root of cd?) to run this game loaded without fenix loader (with demo menu, dchakker or dream inducer).

MALVADO.DCB is a Fenix executable file; like Java .class is a Java executable.
    You can execute DCB with Fenix Runtime only under Linux, Windows, Gp32 or Dreamcast.

DCEmu Newbie

I have yet to play this ,but looking at the screenshot the graphic touch of it reminds me alot of the orginal Rayman.

well to my surprise the game actually worked considering it uses fenix cause every other game i tried before that used fenix weren't ntsc friendly. anyway now that i played i really enjoyed the game this ranks up there with one of my favorite games on dreamcast from the homebrew scene along with Giana's Return. is this the final verison of this game? cause i noticed for one thing theres no pause button as well as the characters movement seems a little slippery. its nice to see a gem like this come out in the homebrew scene amongst all the shooter games

The game is a straight port from a DIV game that was written in the 1999-2000 timeframe, with some DIV-specific commands (mainly sound) replaced by fenix commands. Therefore, all of the quirks of the original will be there, including somewhat weird control and no pause button.

None of this porting would be possible without the help of Chui and his genius. He deserves credit for making the DC Fenix runtime NTSC and PAL friendly, and for having the patience to put up with a ton of questions and pleas for help.
    The World Of Owen Rubin
    Atari Coinop Game Programmer #4
    http://www.orubin.com/

[quote author=Chui link=board=news;num=1102650503;start=0#2 date=12/10/04 at 02:10:13]MALVADO.DCB is a Fenix executable file; like Java .class is a Java executable.
    You can execute DCB with Fenix Runtime only under Linux, Windows, Gp32 or Dreamcast.[/quote]

Thanks for the answer. One more question: if in xml is only one title = fenix starts this game automatically?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

moved to fenix forum

burning now, looks fun.... at some stage we should put the best fenix games on one cd

DCEmu Newbie

any chance of some more platformer games of this nature being ported in fenix

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/nazcapack.shtml

Nazcadreams (1 of the 4 games is a nice we platformer)

[quote author=Pavlik link=board=Fenix;num=1102694132;start=0#5 date=12/10/04 at 08:41:17]

Thanks for the answer. One more question: if in xml is only one title = fenix starts this game automatically?[/quote]

Yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information