Thread: Where are the GC and X-box Handhelds?

Question Where are the GC and X-box Handhelds?

In the console world x-box and ps2 or mirosoft and sony are rivals...but neither x-box or gamecube have ever created a handheld to rival sony's handheld distributation. This is strange to me but i think sooner or later x-box will make a handheld... I bet its gonna be pretty good too...

Uh, Xboxes and Gamecubes don't make handhelds. Nintendo has the GBA and the DS, and Microsoft simply doesn't want to enter the handheld market anytime soon, unless you count PDAs and laptops.
    Besides, everyone wants to see the victor as the PSP and DS duke it out

True...but if microsoft did make handhelds it would put up quite a challenge and forget what i said bout gc thats nintendo...

dont tell me u didnt know that gc is from nintendo

Microsoft did promote the Gizmondo a little - i remember reading somewhere that they said the following - "the power of xbox in your hands"!!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

yeah MS studio games are comming out on thr Gizmondo

Wow, looks pretty cool. PSP looks better though. Must not be so popular, never seen or heard of one till now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly On
    Wow, looks pretty cool. PSP looks better though. Must not be so popular, never seen or heard of one till now.
    just as the gp32, it dosnt really try to be a mainstream competitor... its mostly for people like us- nerds that like to run alternate apps and emulators on their game consoles.

Dream Coder

um... Nintendo is WAY too smart to release a handheld with moving parts. Sony has no clue about handhelds, all they know about portable stuff is their little portable dvd players and mp3 players. (other than walkmans) The PSP is by no means a handheld PS2. You can't play PS2 games on it, it doesnt use the same hardware (or even that similar) and the only thing it has making it like that is that it has similarly powered hardware. Of course when you are playing on a tiny screen, who knows how it processes stuff internally for 3d? the same game that has 2million polys on a TV screen on a PS2 might only require 1million of lower resolution on the psp due to its smaller relatively poor quality screen.

That being said, the GB was pretty much a portable NES (w/o the color), the GBA was used like a portable SNES, and now the DS is being used (to a lesser extent so far) as a portable N64.

oh, and as for MS backing the gizmondo, its like how sega backs the ngage (puyo pop, super monkey ball, etc)

Thread Information