Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future UMD's to come sporting fresh new firmware...

Default Future UMD's to come sporting fresh new firmware...

http://psp.ign.com/

Apparently, you'll be tricked into getting updated firmware, pretty damn gay.

Anyways, cracking of the 1.5 is either real or it's a hoax. I'd like to know ahead of time because it will decide whether or not I'm going to be playing future UMD's.

I'm not asking for an answer on that, it's just how I feel, don't $#@! your pants mods.

you would have to update to past 1.5 , they could be version 2 bu then which could be impossible to crack. and anyway, with the psp dumper and so on, youd be able to download games and run them of the mem stick.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Same as the update in some of the games - sneaky!!

Blog Entries

yeah sony will want to close the holes as quick as poss

DCEmu Regular

Default psp umd firmware updates

Now are these updates on the UMD discs gonna automatically update when you first start them up or is it gonna have to be selected in the options? The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to buy a game, take it home, put the disc in then bam it starts updating, so bye bye homebrew. I love Ys but when it comes out and it has the update on it I'll pass till I can afford a 2 or 1 gig memory stick, or a new psp. I just feel it's stupid to buy another psp just to play games I already can. Lets hope we find a work around soon.

DCEmu Newbie

We gotta make like an official list of all games/UMD movies/music etc. that automatically update your firmware. Considering I just spent nearly $400 on a 1.0, i'd be very angry if I got screwed like that.

DCEmu Regular

yeah i payed almost the same thing, around 375. i wonder if it's going to be "some" games or all games released in the future.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by geise69
    yeah i payed almost the same thing, around 375. i wonder if it's going to be "some" games or all games released in the future.
    I'm looking forward to "big" releases in the near future like Madden 06 and the new GTA so I hope I can play them without sacrificing my 1.0 investment. At least I can play Darkstalkers...

DCEmu Newbie

relax, you know that hackers/crackers will find a way to rollback the firmware eventually...

i bet that iso release teams will remove the automatic update from these games, unless the firmware actually has an application/function that the games require to be ran on the psp.

DCEmu Newbie

The good news is that the games that require firmware updates do not perform the updates automatically. The first of these games was Space Invaders Pocket (jp of course). You'll be prompted to upgrade the firmware and given the opportunity to procede or not. Much like other upgrades, you'll also need to be plugged into mains or have a fair bit of battery power available to proceed.

So, no danger of automatically updating your 1.0 just by putting a new game in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information