Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

Default New but not new

You really shouldn't have to ask maybe spend a little time reading in the forums and there you go. the main point is to use this emu though its by far the best.
    To Kaiser:
    Believe me I spent hours looking for a "walkthrough" for the Genesis emu and I get confused, some are for the 1.0 some aren't, I have the 1.5. If someone would help people like me with a step by step walkthrough it would help. If you look at the step by step for PSPVideo9, it's awesome. Basically, I only need to know what to put in MC1 and MC2. Also, McDougal talks about a font file.
    Again Thanks to all.

Spweener, you do know that you don't have to swap memory cards any more to play homebrew on a 1.5? You can just add a "%" to the end of what used to be the MS1 folder and put it right there in the game folder of what used to be MS2. That will let you run on a single memory card. If you didn't already have MS1 and MS2 set up, download KXploit from psphacker.com or something to select the emu eboot which will do it for you. Then just make sure you put the font file in the folder without the "%". The font file comes with the main single eboot when you initially download this emulator.

OK real quick step by step. Get this: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/kx....5_psp-dev.rar Install it. Plug in your PSP to your computer by USB and in the PSP menu go to the USB transfer option. Run the KXploit tool you just installed. In name put the name of the folder (it doesn't really matter for most, PSPGENESIS is fine). On PBP file select the eboot.pbp that came with your PSP homebrew app. On the PSP unit tab, if you followed the steps earlier and you PSP is in USB transfer mode, select the drive name it is (for example mine is g:\). If you can't see your PSP drive press refresh it should come up. Then press generate files. Go into explorer, find your PSP and put everything else (eg. system.fnt or the roms directory) into the folder called PSPGENESIS and NOT PSPGENESIS%. It should load up after that. REMEMBER: This is for 1.5 PSP's ONLY.

great emu but lacks snes gui settings

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After playing through my games a lot I've also noticed that the scores for the games are messed up. It is easy to get a max score from little playing. sometimes in place of numerical digits there are periods,slashes,percent symbols ect.

You tried the same rom on a different emu? It could be a hacked rom with a trainer, because the % marks etc just mean the scoreboard cant hold enough numbers for such a stupidly high score

how imposible would a saturn emulator be?

I never got a saturn emu workin on pc, well thats just me.

DCEmu Newbie

Saturn emus require MASSIVE processing power. I've got a laptop with a 2.8 ghz processor, and that seems almost sufficient... but you got to remember that the Saturn had 3 different processors running in it, which not only made it a pain to write games for (at the time), but also turns it into a system that's really CPU intensive to emulate. I think we'll be lucky if we see N64 emulation, since the early N64 emu's (like UltraHLE) were capable of running on my PII300 mhz. The PSP's clocked at 333, and whether or not the performance turns out well will depend on how much the coders can tap the PSP's GPU.
    But oh yeah, this is a Genesis thread...
    Great job on the coding... good performance, good sound... all out of nowhere. My only complaint (and it's been listed before) is the lack of a working sleep mode during gameplay. Having to go back to the menu (without savestates) makes it tough to play certain games on the go.
    Keep up the good work!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by {Sephiroth}
    You tried the same rom on a different emu? It could be a hacked rom with a trainer, because the % marks etc just mean the scoreboard cant hold enough numbers for such a stupidly high score

All my roms have screwed up scoreboards like this but not when ran on my gens emulator for pc. Its just the a bug in this emulator.

Thread Information