Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why all the sony hate?

i mean beside that, the ones that work for like all games, i know about the specific one, i really want to play my FF7 on my DC

Unhappy

No. There probably never will be another Bleem!cast release.

Thank you, Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    Bleem! existed for the PC for years before the company came up with the version for Dreamcast and Sony didn't do a thing about it before that.
    Comparing a pc to a rival console emulating your system is stupid, consoles main competitors are the other consoles not pcs. If there was an xbox2 emulator that waa able to emulate gamecube games somehow, you all know that nintendo whould go after the selllers of this emulator. Nintendo is one of the biggest and aggresive companies against homebrew and emulation, shutting down site after site of games that simulate there games like zelda, mario etc. Nintendo also made the gamecube specifically to stop any kind of emulation, homebrew or backups on it.

You got a very good point with e.g. xbox360 emulating GameCube or similar. Nintendo would do anything that's possible to prevent that from happen. So would any other company. Still a shame they sued Bleem!

I think Nintendo is against using their copyrighted stuff and to warez their games. Nothing wrong with that I think. Their handhelds however were pretty homebrew friendly. Not that Nintendo would have supported that tho...

Nintendo are aggressive, but only in Japan it seems. Every highstreet in the UK has someone selling Fami-Clones, those crappy N64 controllers with built in 128 games like Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Then there are thousands of UK sites with thousands of NES/SNES/N64/GBA games to offer, i can understand the old games but when a new GBA game is on a site before you can get down to the shops to buy it, ninty need to do more. It would be a shame if DS games start getting pirated.

And as Christ said, ninty are pretty friendly to homebrew.

The key point in homebrew is the fact that it's mainly free, as soon as any homebrew starts venturing into a commercial market there's some serious issues to overcome with regards to avoiding any copyright infringement if it's on a console that's still on the market. Even consoles that have reached their sell by date have these copyright infringements to consider before any release is made. Sony more than likely wouldn't have taken such a dim view if Bleemcast had been a free product, it ventured into the market when Sony was at the top, even though Bleemcast itself was never going to be a serious threat to their commercial status, they were just flexing their muscles against the 'small fry'.

At the end of the day - no Sony, no Playstation, no Bleemcast...

if they'd thought a little more about it, they could have exploited Bleemcast's ability to enhance their Playstation games and sell the majority of their back catalogue of poor games (let's face it, they had the quantity, but lost the quality somewhere along the way). Down the line, they could have also boasted about their Playstation 2 being better than the Dreamcast/Bleemcast at playing the older games (the pre release hype for that one was way off the mark anyway, so why not more fabrications?).

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ptr.lynch
    Nintendo are aggressive, but only in Japan it seems. Every highstreet in the UK has someone selling Fami-Clones, those crappy N64 controllers with built in 128 games like Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Then there are thousands of UK sites with thousands of NES/SNES/N64/GBA games to offer, i can understand the old games but when a new GBA game is on a site before you can get down to the shops to buy it, ninty need to do more. It would be a shame if DS games start getting pirated.

And as Christ said, ninty are pretty friendly to homebrew.
    In the US they recently cracked down on those. Now you can't buy famiclones as easily as you used to be able to (in malls and such).

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DCDayDreamer
    The key point in homebrew is the fact that it's mainly free, as soon as any homebrew starts venturing into a commercial market there's some serious issues to overcome with regards to avoiding any copyright infringement if it's on a console that's still on the market. Even consoles that have reached their sell by date have these copyright infringements to consider before any release is made. Sony more than likely wouldn't have taken such a dim view if Bleemcast had been a free product, it ventured into the market when Sony was at the top, even though Bleemcast itself was never going to be a serious threat to their commercial status, they were just flexing their muscles against the 'small fry'.

At the end of the day - no Sony, no Playstation, no Bleemcast...

if they'd thought a little more about it, they could have exploited Bleemcast's ability to enhance their Playstation games and sell the majority of their back catalogue of poor games (let's face it, they had the quantity, but lost the quality somewhere along the way). Down the line, they could have also boasted about their Playstation 2 being better than the Dreamcast/Bleemcast at playing the older games (the pre release hype for that one was way off the mark anyway, so why not more fabrications?).

Yeah but wasnt bleemcast better at playing PS1 games than PS2,

also sony had been trying to close down bleem looooooooong before bleemcast arrived on the scene, almost as soon as bleem went commercial. Bleem kept winning their court cases too. The problem was that Bleem could not really afford to keep shelling out to deffend themselves, mega sony could.

That's my beef with sony, they can offord to just throw cash at stuff to kill off other companies, and ideas. E.g. sega, but sony actually bought other emulators for the PS off their owners, and then just discontinued them.

Dream Coder

Bleemed games on the DC look better than they do on the PS2. The PS2 has no effort to improve the quality other than lackluster full screen filters.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information