Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Running ISO/MP3 on PCEPv0.7

DCEmu Newbie

TOC info for Dracula X was in

http://necstasyman.free.fr/uk/
    PCE SCD JPN section
    Akumajo Dracula X

I can't get it to work? I did a text document and called it Dracula X.toc. Did the track numbers on the mp3 and iso and put that info on the text doc and put it in a folder(didn't work) put it out side a folder (didn't work?) I must be doing something wrong?

I tried again and it can't even find anything on dracula X?

DCEmu Newbie

OK, I tried this and it worked. I am having two problems, and I just want to see if anyone else is experiencing the same things. I also think that these two things maybe related.

1) The sound effects work and all, however the music does not play. Before the music file is supposed to load, I get the following message:
    mp3 init error

once I hit the O button, the error goes away, and the game begins to play. But there is no music. The CD Rom set I have for Dracula X has the following in the readme:
    IMPORTANT !!!!! :
    Audio tracks had been encoded in MP3PRO !
    So you MUST use a Mp3Pro COMPATIBLE decoder , in order to convert mp3 in 44100Hz 16Bits Stereo Wavs.
    Nero Burning Rom is Mp3Pro compatible since the 5.5.x.x versions

So I wondering, if there is something messed up with this roms MP3s. If so, is there a way for me to convert them appropriately?

2) My save states didn't work the first two times. I have been trying to replicate the problem. But I can't bring it back up. So my save states are working. It was just weird they did not work at first.

On a completely different note. This emulator is one of the best I have ever seen on a portable device, and the CD support brings it over the top!

By the way, for the people that are having trouble doing this, make sure you rename Track-01.mp3 to 01.mp3. At first I made that mistake and it didn't work. So see if that is the problem.

DCEmu Newbie

I got it to work but i get an "mp3 init error" after start up and everytime the music changes

DCEmu Newbie

Here is an update to my previous post. I have tried Ys 1 & 2, and I had absolutely no problem. The rar file didn't have the same readme, so I am assuming the .mp3s were encoded differently. So it seems like .mp3s encoded with MP3Pro will give you this problem. That is what the Dracula X Rom has.

I also discovered what caused my problems with a save state. If you save in a cut scene that access audio from a MP3, the file will either a) not work at all, freezing the rom b) You will get an error message putting you in an endless loop which you must shut down your PSP to cancel out of. c) have no music, and the graphics maybe messed up in the next scene.

A and B happened to me for Dracula X, so I believe the problem is that it was looking for MP3 files, that it could not read as they were the wrong MP3 files. C occured in Ys 1 & 2, while trying to do a save state during the intro movie.

My question is, if I encode the MP3s from the Dracula X games back to wav format, what standard or converter do I need to use to get them to a compatible MP3 format like the one that is in Ys 1 and 2?

Thanks again for the help. And thank you for the author of this great emulator. When Ys 1 and 2 loaded, I got chills down my back. When I was young I played that game religously. It was my favorite game. I hold it in higher regard then even the zelda series due to its story line (or from what I remember). So thank you for bringing that back to me, I have not felt that feeling with any other emu before this.

DCEmu Newbie

OK, I reencoded the mp3 files that were in my rom from mp3pro format to mp3 format, and all is good. This will solve the "mp3 int error"

The thing I want to know is...how do I make a TOC file? I've never done it before.

So Dracula X is the only game that works with this emulator?

the other poster said he got Y's working....

I want to know how to make a Table of Contents? I don't understand how?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information