Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Running ISO/MP3 on PCEPv0.7

The games working good, but the sounds a little funky. I read your post before about changing the mp3's to 128k. I have that now on my dracx mp3's and the music & talking is still scratchy?

I have these files in WAV & MP3 fomats.

DCEmu Newbie

Don't worry about us putting up with you. Everyone starts out somewhere, and this is not the easiest process to get through the first time around. Just be happy you got help from here cause other sites may have flamed you.

As for the music. It happens on mine as well. It has nothing to do with 128k, as I have encoded the .mp3 in lower bitrates and higher bitrates and had thye same exact results. It is just the way it is being emulated for this game. Its a bit more smooth for Ys.

DCEmu Newbie

Glad to hear you got it working Bloodsack. The music for Dracula X pops and cracks on my PSP too.

I've tested a few other games:

Lords of Thunder - graphics and sound seem fantastic but I can't start the game, it doesn't seem to accept any input on the title screen.
    Bomberman Panic Battle - the title screen is really slow, but everything else seems to work alright
    Y's III - Seems to work OK but I didn't test it for long.

One thing I have noticed on dracx is the music starts fine, but when the songs over...it's over for that level. It only plays once? do you know why that is...

thanks

When I go over to the TOC database. it wont let me copy the TOC file names? I wanted few TOC file names.

Golden Axe
    Conan
    Cotton
    Strider

If you guys know these TOC names, please post them here...

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsack
    When I go over to the TOC database. it wont let me copy the TOC file names? I wanted few TOC file names.

Golden Axe
    Conan
    Cotton
    Strider

If you guys know these TOC names, please post them here...

thanks
    Just highlight the TOC's and hit CTRL C to copy, then go paste the info elsewhere.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsack
    The games working good, but the sounds a little funky. I read your post before about changing the mp3's to 128k. I have that now on my dracx mp3's and the music & talking is still scratchy?

I have these files in WAV & MP3 fomats.
    Have you tried changing the tracks to MONO? It might help.

Do you know why the music only plays once for each level.

DCEmu Rookie

It's totally not hard. First, visit this site:

http://necstasyman.free.fr/uk/

All right, when you get there, search for the game you wish to emulate. Say, if you wanted to play Dracula X: Rondo of Blood on your PSP, you would first click the link "PCE SCD JPN" on the left hand side of the page. You can't miss it. Now, scroll down to where it says "Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo" and click it. Pictures of the game will appear, along with a track listing. That's your table of contents. Take the cursor and bring it to the left of where it says Track 01. Hold down the left mouse button and scroll down to the bottom, until you reach Track 22. Highlight this line, including the number on the end, and release the mouse button. Hold down CTRL on your keyboard and press C.

With that finished, minimize the browser and put your cursor over an empty space on your desktop. Right click the mouse. A menu will appear with several options... choose New, then Text Document, then click the left mouse button. Enter a name for the document, then press enter. Now, put your cursor on the document and double click it. Click inside the document and press CTRL and V. This pastes the table of contents inside the document. Now, hold ALT and press F, then S to save the table of contents. Close out of the document. You now have a table of contents which can be saved to your PSP.

JR

DCEmu Rookie

Er, wait... what happened to the request for a table of contents?

Anyway, I've tried running three different CD-based games on PCEP. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and Dynastic Hero (think Wonder Boy 4 in a rhinocerous beetle suit) work pretty well, but Garou Densetsu Special refuses to start. All I get is a picture of a forlorn Terry Bogard, sitting on a hill next to a bridge. I guess trying to run an Arcade System game like this one was asking a little too much of the emulator, but hey, you can't blame a guy for trying!

JR

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information