Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoCDPSP v0.1

Quote Originally Posted by gamerboi909
    does any one know any game that work perfect with neogeocd psp .....????????
    Only a few do.

Metal Slug 1 & 2 work prefect. a puzzle game called Zintricks

Neo Turf Masters works awesome.

King of Fighters 99 works great. Samurai Shodown 4 does too(a few glitches)

other then that.....No.

Metal Slug 1 & 2, Zintricks & Neo Turf Masters work the best so far.

Wait for a update. Hopefully in 0.2 alot of these problems will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by krowstrife
    i like to see how many of you talk openly about downloading a illegal iso of games like metal slug and many others, if we can't talk about warez then many, most of you should be banned but i guess none of the administrtors care
    well, technically it isnt illegal to download roms and such for emulators if u own the system and game u r trying to emulate, even though i doubt everyone here owns a sega cd, but neone can really prove u dont^^
    i would personally disagree with it being illegal if the system/games isnt even around anymore to buy
    -edit, i meant legal^^
    -edit, wait, i DID mean it is not illegal, lol

DCEmu Newbie

BTW,
    is anyone actually putting together a compatibility list?
    So far, i've only tried games that were already confirmed to work in this thread.
    Though i have to add that in Last Blade 2, character sprites will disappear on the edges of the stage.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by PSP_Newbie
    well, technically it isnt illegal to download roms and such for emulators if u own the system and game u r trying to emulate
    well, technically it is. and it won't be discussed here. think about it, 'i'm legally downloading this iso for a cd i already own' yea, that is why you don't simply make your own...

Wink i own all th egames i emulate! (or i own the roms...)

umm... i own metal slug... kinda..... it still hasnt come in the mail

edit- so TECHNICALLY i do own it, right? i mean if its paid for n all, right?

edit- and im an american, and if this was truly a republic (which its become a democracy)... then dont you think we should download these old games? i mean if we REALLY voted for laws n such, dont you think it wouldnt be illegal to download these?

but i dont know how to copy ISO's and original nitnendo games, i have like 40 nes and snes games...

DCEmu Newbie

*tactfully ignores RedKing's inane babbling*

Aside from the odd bug (like the one mentioned on Last Blade 2), this seems to be pretty spot on. The King of Fighters games work beautifully. So, after the compatibility goes up and the bugs are ironed out, is the next step to emulate the non-cd NeoGeo? I know they are different systems and the cd version is simpler but are the systems completely different or very similar? Just wondering how much of a jump that will be.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RedKing14CA
    umm... i own metal slug... kinda..... it still hasnt come in the mail

edit- so TECHNICALLY i do own it, right? i mean if its paid for n all, right?

edit- and im an american, and if this was truly a republic (which its become a democracy)... then dont you think we should download these old games? i mean if we REALLY voted for laws n such, dont you think it wouldnt be illegal to download these?

but i dont know how to copy ISO's and original nitnendo games, i have like 40 nes and snes games...
    no, it doesn't matter. at all. you have to make a copy of YOUR OWN disc in order for it to even be pseudo legal. Even then it is illegal to use the copy unless the original has been damaged, or you do not have means to use the original etc.

also, on your little rant about being an american, if you are under 18 you aren't a citizen so it doesn't matter, and if you're 18 or over, then it's 100% on you to make change if you want it, NOT to just complain. Read Title 17 of the US legal code pertaining to copyrights if you want to learn about how they work, as well as the D.M.C.A.

i like the constituition better, but where the bloodyhell can i get a book on law? i mean i cant even find it on the internet....and my library SUUUCKS.... ive tried there....

and i am an american, and even if this country has gone to hell with the rest of the world, i am still a human being, and we are all freee from everything but our own rational thoughts....

but um, if you have to make a copy of your OWN disc, why havent sites offering roms been brought down like sites offering music?

Dream Coder

... they have... most of what is left is either very small or not in america.

the entire US Legal Code is hosted online by the government, although at the moment the url eludes my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconButty
    *tactfully ignores RedKing's inane babbling*

Aside from the odd bug (like the one mentioned on Last Blade 2), this seems to be pretty spot on. The King of Fighters games work beautifully. So, after the compatibility goes up and the bugs are ironed out, is the next step to emulate the non-cd NeoGeo? I know they are different systems and the cd version is simpler but are the systems completely different or very similar? Just wondering how much of a jump that will be.
    Actually the NeoCD and Neo AES/MVS are basically the same thing internally. The CD system is not at all "simpler." They all use the exact same engine (68000 @ 12Mhz, with the same graphics and sound chips onboard). The NeoCD is basically a NeoGeo with a CD-ROM interface and a 7MB RAM buffer. So once you've emulated the NeoCD, it's not a far jump at all to emulate the NeoGeo cart systems. If the NeoCD had been equipped with a cart slot, it could've played both carts and CD's (if only they'd done that!).

In fact the AES/MVS would arguably have been simpler (no CD interface code needed) and faster (CD requires MP3 decoding simultaneous with emulating the Neo hardware) to emulate on PSP. So why emulate CD instead of cart first? The answer is RAM.

The cart based NeoGeo systems used ROM carts, which means they expect dynamic access to the entire ROM. The PSP only has 32MB RAM (still a ton for a handheld though) which is too small to hold most cart based NeoGeo games. So right there you have a big problem. It can potentially be solved by implementing some sort of dynamic caching code, but you would still probably have some annoying wait times and/or slowdowns since all the data still woudn't truly be dynamically available in RAM.

The CD games, on the other hand, were reworked version of the cart games - designed to load in chunks inside the NeoCD's 7MB RAM. So to emulate the NeoCD, the PSP's 32MB is more than enough.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information