Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING !!! Unrecoverable bricks signalled on 3.71 M33 !!!

Right, I used cemetery to restore a nand-dump from 3.60 M in my slim. I tried to run the official Sony 3.71 update and got the error message

"The game could not be started."
    "(DADADADA)"

That was the error code DADADADA. Are Sony giving dark_alex his own error code? I mean DA? Seriously.....

Does anybody know a way around this or am I just being dumb and missing something obvious?

The custom firmware blocks Sony's official updates from running in the VSH so the error code is Dark_Alex's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    The custom firmware blocks Sony's official updates from running in the VSH so the error code is Dark_Alex's work.
    Cool, so is my psp slim safe in 3.60 M33? or would I be better off in 3.71 M33-2 or sony official 3.71?

I won't know as I don't have a slimline PSP but I like my homebrew so I wouldn't want official Sony firmware installed. Besides, there's a patch for the USB problem available so you might want to try that out. In any case, just be careful when writing anything to the NAND flash memory.

Quote Originally Posted by bumfacekilla View Post
    Right, I used cemetery to restore a nand-dump from 3.60 M in my slim. I tried to run the official Sony 3.71 update and got the error message

"The game could not be started."
    "(DADADADA)"

That was the error code DADADADA. Are Sony giving dark_alex his own error code? I mean DA? Seriously.....

Does anybody know a way around this or am I just being dumb and missing something obvious?
    I highly doubt it.
    Although, it would be hilarious.

Truth is, Sony rarely references Dark_Alex at all.
    He should have his own error code.

"Dark_Alex realized what the people wanted before we did and we're ashamed.
    But you still can't use his $#@! because we obviously hate the people who purchase our merchandise.

Thank you."

Ok that's great thanks for your help.

So just incase I should need to, is there any way of installing the official sony firmware whilst in 3.60 M33? I doubt I will as I love homebrew too, but I have a fat psp which I can use for that.

EDIT: When I tried using the "install original 3.71" option in cemetery, I end up getting stuck on a picture of a still wave after the Sony Computer Entertainment message.

DCEmu Newbie

yeah i have a complete brick i made a stupid mistake trying to flas a new theme... aaagh dont say anything i know i should have waited till everything was fixed. damm you 3.71 m33 you handsome devil. oh well i wanted to get the slim anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by monkvash View Post
    hopefully this can be fixed soon,
    i have a question

if i wanted 2 downgrade from 3.71 m33 2 down 2 3.52 m33 4 would it corrupt anyting?
    and has anyone found a way 2 fix the wlan in 3.71 m33 2 yet?
    i have alot of homebrew apps that use my wireless n it kills me that i cant use them.
    yes it will... just tried it with my crappier mobos and its dead now... gonna try to fix it

Yeah i want to know if i go back to 3.52 M33 -4 if i would screw up anything too
    and does 3.60 M33 for slim have this problem? because i have a slim too and i might think about going back down to 3.60 M33 if theres a huge risk of full bricking

i fixed mine... i used the pandora battery and went back to 1.5 without a dump... just the original 1.5 downgrade use... it does work
    ... i thought it wasnt recoverable...

edit... i then used the universal unbricker and went back to 3.71 m33... my psp is fully functioning again :cool

Thread Information