Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5XX development thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan55 View Post
    Just a quick note for Deniska, despite entering a map name in the "STARTUPMAP" in the config file the map always refuses to auto load. however this does happen in Nieko version. Thanks again hopes this info helps further devolopment.
    You probably have "^M" attached to the end of the string (most windows editors do that) Just delete the white space behind your map's last character with Configuration->edit tool

DCEmu Newbie

Deniska, thanks for the help on that. Nieko have tryied your new version, but same bugs still exsist (on the firmware i'm using) with regard to no audio and autozooming Scale top left moves up and down with speed but map does not change. (however if I manually zoom up or down by 1 on scale map changes two or three on scale. I am going to load Deniska's beta 5.05 version and see if audio or speed warning are affected. will post results.

DCEmu Pro

Ivan55: I just tested on my bike, audio and autozoom work just fine. You could try another firmware if you're willing to.

Concerning the speed warning, the official version requires you to specify a speed in knots. I have changed this to include the speedfix variable, so now you can specify it in km/h, mph, etc.

See http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/m...0-%20Nieko.zip.

DCEmu Newbie

Deniska: Nieko: For your info: as post 42 I have now loaded Deniska's beta 05.05 version (used same map file as before). all audio works fine however I still have the issue with the autozoom with relation to speed (Scale moves, map does not unless I press manual zoom up or down then map changes by factor of two or three depending on speed) I noticed on the conf file that time +- GMT has been removed was there a reason for this. finally I would be interested to hear if these problems disappear with other firmware. The speed warning which worked fine on previous version no longer works. one final point is it posiable to have two sets of POI open at the same time eg 1st POI speed camera locations, 2nd POI route info between A & B. The above bugs are minor issues on a fantastic program. thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, great addons. I'm using it on 3.71m33, but noticed it loads everything slower than Deniska's. When I'm scrolling, doesn't always load fully as well. I didn't have this issues with Deniska's so just wanted to pass this on to you.

Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Some help needed, please...

Hi all,

I just installed

- psp toolchain
    - psp sdk
    - psp libraries

under linux (open suse 10.3). Everything was fine,
    compilation of these packages took hours, but at
    the end my SDK environment was ready to use.
    Then I got nieko package (0.505), compiled it (for
    generic receiver). Of course I modified the Makefile,
    for the PSP generic part. I also left BUILD_PRX=1.
    Compilation was successful, and the EBOOT.PBP
    was built. Great, but when I copy it (together
    with the 0.505 directory structure from Nieko package) and start it on the XMB PSP freezes.
    Blank screen and shoutdown of the PSP.
    Hints? Suggestions? Anyone with similar
    problems???

Thx,

I'm on PSP fat, 3.52 M33-4 firmware.

AlbertoZ

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan55
    Deniska: Nieko: For your info: as post 42 I have now loaded Deniska's beta 05.05 version (used same map file as before). all audio works fine however I still have the issue with the autozoom with relation to speed
    The official version doesn't support autozoom, I and GoDE built that in. There was indeed a bug where autozoom only moved the scale while it didn't actually zoom in or out. I fixed that, so if you download it again now, it should work just fine. Do note that you have to set variables in your config.txt for this to work in the first place!

I noticed on the conf file that time +- GMT has been removed was there a reason for this.
    Timezone is now read from your PSP settings (XMB -> Date & Time Settings -> Time Zone).

finally I would be interested to hear if these problems disappear with other firmware.
    I doubt it, I think your problem lies elsewhere (e.g. config.txt or faulty audio files).

The speed warning which worked fine on previous version no longer works.
    You did read my post where I said the official version now wants you to specify this speed in knots, right? I believe this is a bug, because in 0.499 and before the speedfix was taken into account.

one final point is it posiable to have two sets of POI open at the same time eg 1st POI speed camera locations, 2nd POI route info between A & B.
    You can if you put the two in a single file. Put all the POIs at the top and the route at the bottom. It's not possible to show multiple routes.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by the_troll View Post
    Nieko, great addons. I'm using it on 3.71m33, but noticed it loads everything slower than Deniska's. When I'm scrolling, doesn't always load fully as well. I didn't have this issues with Deniska's so just wanted to pass this on to you.
    Are you using the exact same config.txt for both versions? Perhaps CURSORSPEED or SMOOTHZOOM are changing things.

I tested both versions and indeed, the official version loads tiles a tiny bit quicker. But then again, I put in extra functionality, which takes up cycles as well, so this is to be expected.

So far I haven't noticed tiles not loading at all, so I'm afraid I can't do much about it.

DCEmu Pro

AlbertoZ: As far as I know, you should _not_ leave BUILD_PRX=1, but comment it out instead.

I had the exact same thing when trying to compile it for FW1.50, it simply wouldn't start. You could try reading up on kxploit and apply that. That may just work .

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoZ View Post
    Hi all,

I just installed

- psp toolchain
    - psp sdk
    - psp libraries

under linux (open suse 10.3). Everything was fine,
    compilation of these packages took hours, but at
    the end my SDK environment was ready to use.
    Then I got nieko package (0.505), compiled it (for
    generic receiver). Of course I modified the Makefile,
    for the PSP generic part. I also left BUILD_PRX=1.
    Compilation was successful, and the EBOOT.PBP
    was built. Great, but when I copy it (together
    with the 0.505 directory structure from Nieko package) and start it on the XMB PSP freezes.
    Blank screen and shoutdown of the PSP.
    Hints? Suggestions? Anyone with similar
    problems???

Thx,

I'm on PSP fat, 3.52 M33-4 firmware.

AlbertoZ
    Install psplink (or psplinkusb) and fist run the executable through it. In case of a crash it will point you to the exact address, which you can try to debug with psp-addr2line or gdb..
    Also, compiling generic version produces a kernel mode EBOOT/prx.. I am assuming you are trying to run it under 1.5 FW kernel...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information