Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DOOM WAD's - The good and the working

can someone tell me how to get my avatar working
    Upload from your PC:
    Go to control Panel, under Avatar then click Browse button "Upload an Avatar From Your Computer" find the pic you want (Remember:The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB, whichever is smaller) upload the pic and then its done.

As soon as I get a new memory stick, i will start working with quake mods. Probably end of next week (Im on holiday for 2 weeks hooray!) I have a couple of assignments due after the holiday but they shouldn't take to much of my time. So plenty of time to get the ignore message for Doom64 figured out and a few quake mods...

sounds good man, no rush.

as for the avatar,
    you think it would be in there, but its not.
    at least on my computer ive checked a dozen times...

Hey guys,

i really need help with merging the WAD files together!! Ive followed the tutorial but all i get is a .txt output with no new WAD created!!!

I really want Aliens.WAD for DOOM2 but ive noticed there are more than 1 wad file to merge????

Only Quake2.WAD was created successfully but when loading it on my PSP the screen goes black after loading it!!

Help

i really need help with merging the WAD files together!!
    Yeah, Aliens mod was a bit challenging to get working. You need to merge the wad files you get with the download first. So, you choose one wad (e.g. Level.wad) then using WinTex "join PWADS" merge each other wad into that wad(e.g. Level.wad) until you end up with a single PWAD that contains all. Then join that wad with the Doom2.wad

Im not sure why your getting a text file as output but hopefully by reading this you'll figure it out.

BTW: In my opinion the graphics on this wad were a bit dodgy and the levels I played through were pretty confusing...(You should try Alien Vendetta, apparently one of the best wads ever!)

Only Quake2.WAD was created successfully but when loading it on my PSP the screen goes black after loading it!!
    Try pressing Start

Im having big problems doing the alien wads

i have downloaded the DOOM2 version.

files i have are:
    atc2sf.wad
    atc2snd.wad
    atc2tex.wad
    atc2wad.wad

but when i join these PWADS i get this message:
    ERROR: The command line of DeuSF is too big for DOS (try using shorter paths)

What am i doing wrong???

Is there another (more successful) program program to do this??

Thanx

ERROR: The command line of DeuSF is too big for DOS (try using shorter paths)
    Because DeuSF is Dos based, the command line parameter can only be a few characters long. All you need to do is have all the PWAD files you want to merge directly under your C: drive(or any other drive), so the path will be C:\atc2.wad, C:\atc2sf.wad and so on... then try "join PWADS", it should work.

NOTE: you don't need to do this when merging IWADS though

Is there another (more successful) program program to do this??
    There are other programs used to merge wads but the majority are DOS based meaning no GUI interface so if your not used to a text based interface I wouldn't recommend them. WinTex 5.0 is the easiest, user friendly program for merging wads but you could try a google search on "doom editing software" and see if you can find a better one. There are also doom level editing software (e.g. DeePsea) that can merge wads but most are too complex to use just for merging wads.

Thats brilliant thanks, got it all working now!!!!

Hey Apocalypse, did you ever try to get the Doom64 wad to fully work?

Id love to able to completely play through that one.......great graphics and classic Doom gameplay.....

did you ever try to get the Doom64 wad to fully work?
    Nope, i've been busy with SmashGPpsp (Super Smash Bros port for psp) and stressing over assignments due after the holidays.
    Maybe tommorrow...

DCEmu Newbie

Default doom

Hey guys ive successfully merged these wads: simpsons, dragonball z, twilight commander, zombies, momento mori, all hell, evil dead, dawn of the dead, earth,fistfull of doom and metal gear doom. However i cant get doom 64 or goldeneye to work. If anyone wants me to send them these files leave me a mail and if anyone has a working goldeneye or 64 wad that works PLEASE GOD SEND IT TO ME... ive been trying so so long "sob"

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information