Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 FW 2.0 breaking PS3s?

ps3 PS3 FW 2.0 breaking PS3s?

via Computer and Video Games

It's being reported that the latest major PS3 firmware update, version 2.0, could be at the heart of a problem that's causing a number of PS3s to cease working.

A notably large number of PS3 owners have hit the official site to voice concerns of their PS3 functioning incorrectly since installing the update.

Complains range from a small as slowed menu navigation and slow PS Store download speeds to more critical errors such as games consistently crashing or even the PS3 completely losing the ability to read discs.

Others have also complained on the official forum that their PS3 keeps turning itself on due to the new Remote Start feature in FW 2.0 (which allows you to turn on your PS3 wirelessly via the internet for Remote Play via a PSP).

It's worth noting that the timing of the errors could be completely coincidental. It's not uncommon for users who experience errors soon after an update to point the finger of blame at the new firmware.

We've checked our updated PS3s - everything's working just fine (phew). Voice any issues you may have experienced in the comments below.

Sony was not available for comment at the time of writing but we'll keep trying.

Yeah, a whole load of people were complaining this at the Playstation forums.
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't really see if it's true, but if it is Sony needs to get a fix working ASAP.

For me, my Playstation 3 seems to be okay, I see no problems at the moment...

Apparently, 60GB PS3's are more vulnerable to these issues. 80 GB seems to be fine after the update.

DCEmu Legend

Mine seems fine. I have only played COD3 on it since the update. Anyone posting these problems post a manufacturing date?

Reason being is that at some point in the last 8 months Sony opted to put in a fewer bladed fan, resulting in more fan noise when the console heats up and the fans turn on. Perhaps during this change something else was changed.

My ps3 has shut itself down once since updating but it could also be fifa 08 which also has an update

Ever since I have updated it will never stay logged into PSN it will just log out

PSN ID: splodger15

Mines working fine 60gb NTSC model

DCEmu Rookie

Mines working fine 60gb PAL model

I have a 60Gb and fifa 08 nd mine anit done nothing bad :S

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN where do you come from ? becoz ur the only person on the forum with a prob it might be because the filmware from ur contry went a bit wrong or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information