Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I cant boot homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    I only buy CD-Rs... Cheaper.

Im just gonna' have to keep using Bootdreams and hope for a fluke again.

Thanks for all your help. Also, im really not as stupid as I seem. It just stumped me.
    Are you using Bootdreams to burn the CD as well?

DCEmu Coder

I only buy CD-Rs... Cheaper.

Im just gonna' have to keep using Bootdreams and hope for a fluke again.

Thanks for all your help. Also, im really not as stupid as I seem. It just stumped me.
    An idea that might help... write down the steps as you do them including every last boring detail. When you have a working disc, keep the list of steps that produced that disc and refer to it when you burn something else.

When you burned the SMS emulator, did you use a pre-made disc image or did you create the disc yourself from the plain files (1ST_READ.BIN and all that)? If you created the disc yourself, I would try to burn the SMS emulator again. Since that's the program you got to work, I figure chances are best that you'll be able to do it again. If you write down everything that you do, you should have the list of steps you need to follow in order to burn everything else.

I know how easy it is to burn a pile of coasters--it took me 20 tries to burn my first DreamSNES disc. Until you're familiar with how it all works, you really need to pay careful attention to the tiniest details. After you've done it successfully a few times, it's really easy.

What exactly are you trying to burn to a CD? DreamSNES? SNES4ALL? NEO4ALL? etc. Tell me, and I'll take a crack at it and see if I can help you out.

cdrs are not cheaper for transfering data or using homebrew because you have to use more of them especially if in the process or trail and error 1 cdrw compared to 6 coasters O_o

Quote Originally Posted by mattsaysfooey View Post
    cdrs are not cheaper for transfering data or using homebrew because you have to use more of them especially if in the process or trail and error 1 cdrw compared to 6 coasters O_o
    Yeah, but he's trying to get homebrew to work on a DREAMCAST which doesnt support CD-RW media.

Taco - Yes I was using Bootdreams to burn, because i thought that was what makes it selfboot? Or does Homebrew already selfboot?

Onethirty - I was making the .cdi from plain files in bootdreams, then burning through bootdreams.

Taco - dreamSNES, i heard it was best. If not point me in the right direction. =)

Cheers guys.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Wink

So, i got told that homebrew would just boot right up from a PAL console.

I have been trying to get a SMS emu playing for ages.

I got the CDI put my backups on there, and burnt it with bootdreams.

Tis not booting, help me.

1. Download: http://dcevolution.netfirms.com/down...n/S8DEPv1b.zip

2. UnRAR/UnZIP

3. Burn with Alcohol120%

Taco - Yes I was using Bootdreams to burn, because i thought that was what makes it selfboot? Or does Homebrew already selfboot?

Onethirty - I was making the .cdi from plain files in bootdreams, then burning through bootdreams.

Taco - dreamSNES, i heard it was best. If not point me in the right direction. =)

Cheers guys.
    Ok, DreamSNES is a little harder to get to work, so try this tutorial I just made:

Extract dreamsnes-0.9.8.zip to a directory in your Hard Drive.

Open the DreamSNES folder and put the "IP.BIN" file in the "DreamSNES\cd" directory.

Put your Super Nintendo Roms (European Roms recommended because of the slower frame rate) in Dreamsnes\cd\roms.

Download ROMLST.ZIP and save it to DreamSNES\cd\roms.

Open Romlst.exe and navigate through your hard drive to the roms folder. Once it finishes making the rom list for DreamSNES, there should be a file called "ROMS.LST" in your roms folder.

Once it's done making the list, open Boot Dreams. When you browse for the DreamSNES files, MAKE SURE to select the DreamSNES\cd folder (where you put IP.BIN earlier). Make the image with the program youre going to end up burning it with ((Alcohol 120% recommended)) or just burn it to a CD with Boot Dreams itself.

It should work in your Dreamcast after that .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information