Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding a 1.5?

Default Finding a 1.5?

Alright, its been an eternity from when i got back a brand new 1.51 psp from the broken 1.5 i sent in(a week) and now i cant stand it anymore. Homebrew is the only thing i ever used my psp for, and not being able to use it is awful. Plus with homebrew i save money in the long run from not haveing to buy more games. My question is: what is the best course of action to find a 1.5 psp? From what i hear, there are still 1.5's in the smaller non-corporate stores available for purchase. I am going to try and look around all the small stores i can this weekend, and hope i find one, but what do i need to know? I know that 1000k's are 1.5's, but im not quite sure about the A's and B's, and other ways to distinguish a 1.5 from a 1.51. Or would you guys recommend some ebay or the like source? Or maybe one of you has a 1.5 and is thinking about upgrading to 2.0 that would be willing to help me out. I dont think lik-sang, etc would be a good idea, since they focus on importing to other countries, and since im in US it sorta ruins the whole point since i can just go out and buy one. Or not, any opinion would help. Or maybe someone in California has seen a 1.5 psp recently, got theirs recently, or just knows some of the smaller stores that might have them in the area...
    Any help would be great, as I think I am running out of time, as every day lowers the chance of me finding a 1.5.
    Thnx in advance for any help you guys can give , and ill check on this tommorow morning

1000k with nothing and with a will be 1.50 unless updated by the store and everything else will be higher

a shame u dont live in nyc for this one.... i got another 1.5 yesterday... a nice lil spot downtown brooklyn.

da relic

I had a feeling Sony would do that to you.

Sucks dude. The only place I can think of is ebay.

Yeah Ebasy is your friend. Buy a 1.50 from there and sell yours on there too, you'll probably break even.

thnx guys, I'll look around every store i can think of this weekend looking for a 1000k with out anything else on it, or an "A" if i got that right, and if i cant find anything, i guess ill have to get one from ebay. And da Relic, thats good news that u got a 1.5 from an actual store. What was it called btw? maybe they have one here in CA too that might still have a 1.5. Anyways, thnx guys, ill see if i can find one

Hmm...I'm thinking, if I can't find a 1.5 in a store, has anyone bought a 1.5 from ebay and has a positive experience from a specific seller, or have any tips?

www.winsunx.com sells PSP 1.5

only problem with that is it only sells japanese psp's, and with the region code it can only play japanses movie UMD's. tho i dont watch movies on my psp, i might at some point and having to get a japanese movie umd will suck....then again, i can just rip any dvd i have to my memory stick as it is. Well, i guess it's worth it if i run out of options, but I'll check around for a 1.5 in stores first,
    any other ideas?

The trouble with umd's is that they may also update your firmware, so becareful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information