Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NesterDC SE

Quote Originally Posted by David Lynch
    My first impressions: Not as good as it could be.

The new interface looks nice, but it's way too slow! Faster scrolling would be great... Loading time is also much longer than in previous versions.

Music player is very good, the fit to screen option as well.

I miss the VMU-picture support. Being able to set the speed from 1 to 1.5 was very usefull.

Faster quicksave/loading is now theoretically possible. But why am I forced to use auto-fire? I need this button, but I have to set the stupid autofire on it. If i set nothing, the game is not playable.

Other than that, the emu gave me a corrupted settings file after a short time. (never happened on that memory card to me before) So, I had to do my settings again. Hope this wont happen again.

Overall I'm slightly disappointed. Nice ideas, but scherzo wanted too much.
    I want the old interface and pad settings back, with the music player, and the new sceen option.
    For a quick game, good old version 6.0 will do.

Easy solution, don't play it and go back to whatever makes you happy. Not as good as it could be? Who determines how good it shoulda been you?

Quote Originally Posted by law56ker
    Easy solution, don't play it and go back to whatever makes you happy. Not as good as it could be? Who determines how good it shoulda been you?
    Don't bash the guy. Be nice.

Besides, he already gave the emulator another try and retracted his statements, just one post and about four hours before yours:

Quote Originally Posted by David Lynch
    Well, after giving the emulator some more time, I have to agree with most people who tried it: It's very very good!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaFox
    Don't bash the guy. Be nice.

Besides, he already gave the emulator another try and retracted his statements, just one post and about four hours before yours:
    So he gave his opinion before even giving it a chance. I'm glad he made another post. Half the time the people complaining about stuff are doing something wrong themeselves to cause troubles witht he emu.. I just get sick of people bashing something from someone who owes them nothing. Hardly see any releases in the dc emu scene anymore. The nester xbox scene was basically dead until the announcement of this project.

DCEmu Regular

this is also technical stuff, and sometimes people have problems burning stuff, and new people have to learn, so, yeah there is the time thing too. It took me a while to start learning emus, and homebrew.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by law56ker
    So he gave his opinion before even giving it a chance. I'm glad he made another post. Half the time the people complaining about stuff are doing something wrong themeselves to cause troubles witht he emu.. I just get sick of people bashing something from someone who owes them nothing. Hardly see any releases in the dc emu scene anymore. The nester xbox scene was basically dead until the announcement of this project.
    Calm down. I've counted the days till the release of this emu. So I expected it to be absolutely perfect(which of course is more or less impossible). So I stated some of the weak points in my first post. The general tone was way too harsh though. Thats why I made the second post some time later.

To get it straight: Nester DC SE is the best Emulator for Dreamcast. Great and very appreciated work!!! Still, few details could be done better But thats just meant as constructive criticism.

though the emulator itself is really good, i don't like the scanning for games thing, it takes damn long to scan them all and downloading the different things, i have almost every nsf there is, but don't wanna zip and rename them, that would take quite alot of time

so i hope later you can just add rom folders like in the regular Nester and have a seperate menu for the nsf player, instead of using that database thing

I just made a Nester DC disc yesterday, great emu.

Default Nice one Scherzo!

Damn, this is impressive!! In all, NesterDC SE is the best NES emu on any platform I've ever seen. I cant find anything I would want changed...its amazing. The whole build process took forever though, especially with as many roms as I was trying to compile in it. Well worth the wait. You da man Sch3rz0!!

Eventually I'm going to make a Nester DC disc with every US release, but it won't happen for a few more weeks, right now I'm just downloading a few roms per computer visit...

DCEmu Rookie

I actually have a 6 disc compilation of all nes roms ever made (a little more than 10,000). This includes bad dumps and revised dumps). However this was with nester 7.1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information