PDA

View Full Version : gpSP 0.9 - GBA Emulator for the PSP (full speed)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Exophase
December 15th, 2006, 11:20
A few words:

- As many of you know, I'm not terribly impressed with the unofficial builds of gpSP that exist without my consent. I have a nice rant about it in the readme, most of you have probably heard me here already anyway so I won't repeat it. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty serious about what I'm going to be doing at this point.

- This thing was way too much work. >_< I intended to release it at midnight, and I was basically about to, when my beta tester found fresh problems. So here I am, 6 hours later, now ready to release, I guess. I want to give a huge thanks to Veskgar, who stayed up all night with me to beta test.

- Obviously not every game is going to work, still. I'd love to give you an estimate of what the compatability is like, but until I've actually confirmed that many games of ALL GBA games I'll never feel confident in anything I say. But it's higher than 0.8.

- 0.9 still means beta. 1.0 won't be beta. If I ever release 1.0.

I actually worked really hard on this all day to add a bunch of stuff. This is, of course, in spite of all the crap from this scene. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of very appreciative and dedicated people around (my two beta testers, of course). But I have to deal with a lot of things. People swearing at me for refusing to give them the BIOS, for instance. One person even threatened to report me to Nintendo because I refused to send him one. People literally arguing with me about why it's not fair for me to refuse to send them ROMs. People impersonating me on other message boards. Someone recently pretended to be me and said that I was giving up because I can't compete with Takka's releases. Things like that.

But I'll still work on this emulator. I started it for a reason and I'm going to see it through, even if I get nothing but headaches from it. I don't really play it mayself, though; I doubt anyone's going to believe me when I say that I actually do code it for the benefit of other people. No matter what, I still remember what it was like when I was 13 and emulators were very important to me, where a new one could make a dramatic difference in my life. Sad as that sounds. If I can be helpful to anyone I want to be.

But that won't really stop me from being possessive of my emulator. I want it to be developed the way I prefer - fortunately, I happen to sincerely think that I know what's best for it too.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. No, I won't post what's new here, go read the readme. Have fun :P

The source. Don't take it for granted, because it might not be there next time.

Heres whats New for those interested

# Fixed stereo output being reversed.
# Fixed a bug causing misaligned errors on 8bit writes to the gbc
audio channel 3 wave data (fixes various Super Robot Wars games)
# Fixed DMA with garbage in their upper 4 bits (fixes a crash in
Zelda: Minish Cap)
# Added double buffering to the rendering, removes line artifacts.
Big thanks to Brunni for the idea.
# Fixed a bug preventing some SRAM based games from saving (fixes
MMBN4-6)
# Fixed a bug causing part of EWRAM to potentially get corrupted if
code segments loaded in EWRAM cross 32KB boundaries (fixes
Phantasy Star 2)
# Fixed a bug causing games using movs pc in user mode (very bad
behavior) to crash. Fixes Colin McRae Rally 2.0.
# Improved timing a bit more. Fixes GTA Advance.
# Fixed a sprite clipping bug (fixes crash in third boss of Zelda:
Minish cap)
# Increased translation buffer size significantly (fixes Donkey Kong:
King of Swing)
# Fixed a dynarec bug causing add pc, reg to not work in Thumb code
(fixes crash in DBZ:LoZ, seems to fix crashes in battle in Golden
Sun, probably fixes other games)
# Made sprites using tiles < 512 not display in modes 3-5 (fixes
a couple minor graphical bugs)
# Removed abort on instruction 0x00000000 hack, was breaking a
certain bugged up game (Scurge)
# Fixed bug in flags generating variable logical shifts (fixes
SD Gundam Force)
# Fixed unaligned 16bit reads (fixes DBZ:LoZ in game)
# Redid contiguous block flag modification checking AGAIN and
hopefully got it right this time (fixes Mario vs. Donkey Kong)
# Redid ldm/stm instructions, fixing some cases (along with the
timing improvements fixes Mario & Luigi)
# Fixed 14bit EEPROM addressing (hopefully fixes saving in a lot
of games)
# Completely redid memory handlers, accurately emulates open and
BIOS reads now. Fixes Zelda: Minish Cap (roll bug, last dungeon),
Rayman, MMBN 1 (last dungeon), probably others.
# Fixed a minor graphical glitch on the edges of the screen
(thanks Brunni and hlide for the help!)
# Fixed crash on loading savestates from files of games not currently
loaded, but be sure you have the exact file you loaded it from or
gpSP will exit.
@ New memory handlers should provide performance boost for games
that access VRAM significantly (ie 3D games)
@ Added dead flag elimination checking for logical shifts, probably
doesn't make a noticeable difference but should have been there
anyway.
+ Added rapidfire to the button mappings.
+ Added auto frameskip. Removed fractional frameskip (don't think
it's very useful with auto anyway). Select auto in the graphics/
sound menu to activate it; frameskip value will act as the
maximum (auto is by default on). Thanks again to Brunni for some
help with this. Frameskip options are game specific.
+ Added vsync to the rendering. Only occurs when frames aren't
skipped. Seems to reduce tearing at least some of the time.
+ Added non-filtered video option.
+ Cheat support (Gameshark/Pro Action Replay v1-v3 only), still
in early stages, doesn't support everything; codes may cause
the game to crash, haven't determined yet if the codes are bad
or the implementation is. See cheat section for more information.
+ Added ability to change audio buffer size. Does not take affect
until you restart the game.
+ Added analog config options.
+ Added ability to set analog sensitivity and turn off analog.
+ Added ability to change the clock speed. This is a game specific
option. Try lower speeds w/auto frameskip to save battery life.
+ Fixed savestate speed on crappy Sony sticks.

(legend: # bug fix, + feature addition, @ optimization)

ON behalf of PSP News and DCEmu we would like to thank exophase for his excellent work on this emulator - wraggster

GPSP Compatability List Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/emulators-for-psp-32844.html) (help update it)

Download and Give Feedback & THANKS Via Comments

Baboon
December 15th, 2006, 11:23
Coolio, another official update on an already (almost) perfecto emulator!

Don’t listen to all the muppets out there who are given you grief, they are not worth stressing over! All I can say is thanks very much for your hard work on this, it is much appreciated by everyone in the scene! :) ..this is without a doubt one of best emulators on the PSP, a truly amazing piece of coding!

I’ll test this after work... lovely jubley! :)

I bet this thread will become huge by the end of today! lol

scarph
December 15th, 2006, 11:33
yay glad this is out

and we beat qj here

GOOOO DCEMU

and a couple new games work that didnt before
ninja 5-0

this is great

tuta
December 15th, 2006, 11:35
WOW official update I will download now
keep up good work exophase and dont bother bout takka's release we know yours is still the best

Vega
December 15th, 2006, 11:38
Awesome.... finally an OFFICIAL release from the man himself. Thanks for the hard work Exophase... it sure is appreciatied!!

Cant wait to try this little beaut out :D

Nice one man.

EDIT : Also man.. f*ck those assholes who have been giving you grief. I think I speak for everyone here at DCEMU when I say that this emulator is very appreciated through this whole community and we thank you for it.

MikeDX
December 15th, 2006, 11:41
Only download the official releases folks. you heard it here.

Cant wait to try this later.. I really need to brush up on my gba link knowledge.... ;)

djakku
December 15th, 2006, 11:42
thanks you for your great work exophase, I surely appreciate your contribution to the scene. I'm also sorry to hear all that ruckus about how annoying some people could be after reading your post..*sending a mail to nintendo* :rofl:

some people are just too stupid

Oh and super puzzle fighter 2 (the best game ever) almost run perfectly! this is the only game I'm playing with GBA and on each release it gest better and better. The sound still stutter sometimes but its finally enjoyable and playable :)

Oops
December 15th, 2006, 11:43
Thanks Exophase, your contribution to PSP homebrew is very appreciated and be sure it will be appreciated long after kids got another toys to play with and forgot the PSP. Think about the Atari_ST community still alive and rocking even after 20 years.
Cheer up Exophase, you're a highly respectable coder.

Veskgar
December 15th, 2006, 11:45
I've tried this emulator to a good degree and I am very impressed once again with Exophase. This is no small update and I can pretty much confirm that Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga works 100%.

This is no small update. Everything from sound, graphics/display, compatibility, stability, SPEED, & more is improved.

I hope this once and for all encourages people to avoid "unofficial" releases while this is still a W.I.P. If it was not before, it is now obvious that Exophase can improve this emulator best.

Thank you for all of the time (loss of sleep) & hard work you put into this Exophase.

P.S, Why are you up so early in the morning?
Because he's been up all night coding his brains out for this release....

gregnoid
December 15th, 2006, 11:47
Great, Exophase, thank you very much for the work you did in this fantastic emulator.

ExcruciationX
December 15th, 2006, 11:54
Great release, Exophase!

Exophase
December 15th, 2006, 12:02
Great release, Exophase!

Because I was up all night fixing this release ;_;

I had other things to do anyway, getting ready for a three week vacation of sorts this morning. That's why I wanted to get this release done.

pichon
December 15th, 2006, 12:05
I'm very grateful for you to keep working in this emu, you should know that this emulator has given me hours and hours of gaming godness, there're so many good games yet to be played, and since GBA is still an active platform with new releases from time to time, there's not much more you can ask for an emulator.

So thanks again, keep up this awesome work, it's really appreciated :D

Endless-rain
December 15th, 2006, 12:09
Thank you so much. Its such a shame that some people can be so ungrateful and your a saint for putting up with it.

mnuhaily22
December 15th, 2006, 12:19
Awesome, this looks great, dowloading now..

ExcruciationX
December 15th, 2006, 12:21
Because I was up all night fixing this release ;_;

I had other things to do anyway, getting ready for a three week vacation of sorts this morning. That's why I wanted to get this release done.
Ah, so you took my advice? Take a well deserved break. You deserve it! :)

Exellent work, you're the reason I'm still in the PSP scene at all.

BTW, where is your Enchanted Destination?

eatnooM
December 15th, 2006, 12:21
Appreciate the release so much :)

Enjoy the "vacation of sorts", hope you get time to enjoy your own work in it =]

John Vattic
December 15th, 2006, 12:24
Wow! I haven't ever tried these other releases. I just wait for the officials.

Thanks for staying with us Exophase.

I'd try this but i have to go to work now :/

kayhanbakid
December 15th, 2006, 12:33
GOD BLESS YOU EXOPHASE!

Wish I could use it but I'm cramming for finals. Ignore all the assholes man. We all know you're the man.:thumbup:

tuta
December 15th, 2006, 12:35
I am very impressed with this exophase u totally rock
All my super robot war games work beautifully
Summon night(U) doesnt crashes randomly
Bleach works

Although KH(U) still dont work but the (E) release does work

Exophase would it be possible to put a text reader so I can read faqs while playin games?(Just a recommendation)

Thankyou very much exophase my psp is more enjoyable now

forgotten sumtin I clock gpsp to 233 automatic at 4 frameskip and summon night is full speed just wow I save more battery which means more playing time so so great

I will be tryin cheats now

240-185
December 15th, 2006, 12:42
Yay! Now I have all the reasons to get rid of that kai2.6 ^^ Finally, it stayed two days on my PSP :P

Nice job, Exophase!

Veskgar
December 15th, 2006, 12:43
I want to give a huge thanks to Veskgar, who stayed up all night with me to beta test.
Are you kidding? I would have stayed up for a week straight (or tried to) to do my tiny little part to help.

This is gpSP we are talking about. 100% pure emulation & coding greatness.

For anyone "thinking" about getting into PSP homebrew, this should be one of the top convincers.

Triggerman
December 15th, 2006, 12:45
Thank you so much Exophase!
I've checked out a few games now and my mouth is still open! Awesome performance! There were some laggy areas in Metroid. There were =).

As for me you can and should do it closed source. I would never use a gpSP Emulator which is not coming directly from you! I not even thought about trying it out when I saw this KAI bs...

Again, let me say that I really appreciate your effords.
I like how serious you take this project. Such a clean code and Readme's.

A wonderful day.

aYu][Takeshi
December 15th, 2006, 12:49
Thanks for the official release!

pangya123
December 15th, 2006, 12:51

PsychoSync
December 15th, 2006, 12:53
I have no conplaints about your work, i praise it! It good, really good and makes me think of what a snes emu could be like made by you: perfect. (i don't mean any disrespect to YoyoFr and Laxer3a, they did an incredible work too)

SmashinGit
December 15th, 2006, 12:53
What an excellent christmas gift, thanks Exophase and happy christmas.

240-185
December 15th, 2006, 12:59
After 10 minutes of tests...
Definitely, great work Exophase! Even my obscure ROMs run very smooth... ^^

Exoskeletor
December 15th, 2006, 13:17
Exophase have a nice vacation.
Dont make one man's dessicion to destroy your work and ours need for emulation.
I will try it soon, double dragon was not working on 0.8. let's see in this verison.
Anyway have a nice time man and enjoy your trip

Mr. Shizzy
December 15th, 2006, 13:31
Nice. :D Exophase, thank you sooo much. I justy tested it. Super Monkey Ball now runs perfect without the sound glitching. :) Also, the bug where the mini marios won't jump on the spring in world 2-mm in Mario vs Donkey Kong has been FIXED !!! All the little marios now jump on the spring, allowing me to continue playing the best game on GBA. Once again, Exophase we couldn't thank you enough for this early Christmas present. :D

EDIT: * DK King of Swings seems to be working now. :D
* Rayman 3 seems to be working now (w/ only minor sound glitching)

Vega
December 15th, 2006, 13:37
I only got a chance to test out a few games before I go out here.... GTA Advance still crashes... however... WWE Survivor Series now works perfecto :D
Will try some more later

Great Emu

Plowking
December 15th, 2006, 13:41
Not sure why, but for me Fire Emblem no longer works.

Using eloader through GTA.

Still great to see it being updated.

Avenyet
December 15th, 2006, 13:43
sw33tn3ss can't wait to try it great work it people like u that keep this scene alive and sod the n00b who can't find a bios let them cry hehe

zx-81
December 15th, 2006, 13:46
Awesome work exophase, keep it up ! :)

And please ignore those a$$holes who wanted to put you into trouble ... Definitively, there are the best and the worst on this scene :( ...

DPyro
December 15th, 2006, 13:53
I gotta admit, I downloaded a unofficial release awhile ago. But ONLY to get passed some crashes in Zelda....I especially like this update on your new release:

+ Fixed savestate speed on crappy Sony sticks.:thumbup:

aries2k4
December 15th, 2006, 13:57
Just back from a 2 week vacation and the 1st thing I noticed is a new Official release of gpSP. Definately going to give it a try.
Thanks for the update Exophase!!! I apreciate all the work you put into this emu.
Enjoy your vacation.

kpsmith
December 15th, 2006, 14:06
Thanks Exophase. I never post here but after seeing all the crap you get just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the work you've put into this.

Along with devhook and custom firmware... This is at the top of my list of great homebrew.

I thank you... my kids thank you even more.

hack.fool
December 15th, 2006, 14:12
Wooow you're the Official one :D thanks for the hard work Exophase
finally after lots of Unofficial minor useless irrelevant sucker release...and no matter what peoples say, peoples talk a
lot only the greats make facts
and about what's new...I think about gpsp 0.5 was already perfect for me so..THANKS!

JKKDARK
December 15th, 2006, 14:16
Nice, finally a new version! :D

TacticalBread
December 15th, 2006, 14:23
Thank you for continuing to work on this despite all the shit you've gotten.

To the people giving you shit: I'd like to see you code a full speed GBA emulator.

If you can, do it yourself, and shut the hell up. If you can't, just shut the hell up.

Thanks again Exophase. :D

blackrave
December 15th, 2006, 14:31
The changelog for this release is huge! I can't imagine how much time you must have put into this, Exophase, and we're all very glad for it.

We all thank you for your amazing work for this scene. All people should stop supporting those little stupid unofficial releases.

I can remember playing lots of emulators myself 4-5 years ago and was amazed of playing Pokèmon on PC. :p I would never have thought I could do the exact same thing on a little handheld device only a few years later, but thanks to you, I can! :)

Cheer up, Exophase. Almost everyone here supports you, and you'd be a big loss ... Now on to playing GBA!

drock82
December 15th, 2006, 14:36
can anyone confirm mario vs luigi saga works!

danknugz
December 15th, 2006, 14:40
believe me when i say, that the emulator is THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO PSP, "they" said it couldnt be done, and BAM! there it was! theres so many great games on gba ( at LEAST a dozen or so!) and so i salute you, sir! if you chose , please keep up the great work!
peace

Vega
December 15th, 2006, 14:52
can anyone confirm mario vs luigi saga works!

Apparently it does, I havent tested myself though.

Tron_Fan
December 15th, 2006, 14:53
Can this run on a 2.71 using Fanjita's eLoader .99?

blackrave
December 15th, 2006, 15:06
Can this run on a 2.71 using Fanjita's eLoader .99?

I'm pretty sure it can, but if you're on 2.71, you should downgrade to 1.5 (and maybe upgrade to 2.71 SE-C)

If you can't downgrade, you can use eLoader .995 which has better compatibility and features than .99.

S41N7
December 15th, 2006, 15:11
thanx, awsome release.

Sharkey
December 15th, 2006, 15:13
Exophase: I hope you know there are alot of us that support the true coders. We really appreciate all of your hard work and your continued effort to make this emu the best possible. We also realize your frustrations and I personally don't blame you a bit. Just don't let those creeps deter you from 1.0. ;)

Thanks for this update, I'll be installing it today. :)

drock82
December 15th, 2006, 15:25
i would love to see yoshi topsy turvy work since it uses the infrared technology,and since the psp has one wouldnt it be great if some how he can incoporate this.the game works but its hard to play since u have to tilt the console to play certain levels.but before you play -the system ask you what console you are using either the nintendo ds, or the gameboy advance-of course i picked the advance since this a gba emulator but still the tilting dont work:rolleyes:

Vega
December 15th, 2006, 15:28
i would love to see yoshi topsy turvy work

Im almost sure there is a hacked rom available to use with the D-Pad instead . . . dont ask we where though.

Mario Party Advance now gets into the menu and allows passport creation . . . though crashes right after the passport creation.

dj2005
December 15th, 2006, 15:30
Thank you Exophase, sounds like a wonderful release once again. Even if you do stop production on this emulator it is still one of the very best and you will always have a special spot in my heart for bringing me FFT to my PSP.

irishwhip
December 15th, 2006, 15:33
this is the first time i've tried a gba emulator on my psp, and i am blown away by it. fantastic work.
so far, every game i have tried is virtually perfect

darthhaze420
December 15th, 2006, 15:33
I'm pretty sure it can, but if you're on 2.71, you should downgrade to 1.5 (and maybe upgrade to 2.71 SE-C)

If you can't downgrade, you can use eLoader .995 which has better compatibility and features than .99.

if he downgrades he does not need a eloader! and thanks exophase i have waited for ur release and support you 100% thank for all the hard work :thumbup:

g00gy
December 15th, 2006, 15:40
thank you exophase your hardwork is always appriciated your one of the best coders out there keep up this amazing work :D

markbarkins
December 15th, 2006, 15:45
I've been checking DCEMU every day for a while waiting for this one.

Sincerely, thank you for all your hard work.

LazerTag
December 15th, 2006, 16:01
Exophase, not much more to say that already hasn't, so thank you again. And thank to your cohorts in beta testing. I can't wait to play around with the release after work.

zombie555666
December 15th, 2006, 16:05
Hey this emu did not work with my FW2.80 psp.

EvilDooinz
December 15th, 2006, 16:25
Thanks exophase. Sorry to hear about the grief others are giveing you. if there is any thing we can do to help just ask.

fucht017
December 15th, 2006, 16:44
Boktai worked great with version 7.0.But don't work with v8.0 & 9.0.It works for 2 min..then the"Solar Sensor is broken"message shows up....But then again you got so many games to play..Thank you very much for you're hard work Exophase...People who are never satisfied are often not happy with them selfs..So don't feel bad about it,beceause a lot of people do appreciate what you coders do for the gaming community,and it is you're people's talent that shines true...Have a nice holliday Exophase,and Merry Christmas...You're skills are superb:thumbup:

Mysticode
December 15th, 2006, 16:44
Thanks Exophase, you're doing a great job and it is appreciated.

luckithroe
December 15th, 2006, 16:48
Hey Exophase, I just wanted to give you some much needed kudo's on this wonder project. In fact I was thinking of making a donation then I realized "oh yea, holidays im kinda broke" ... With that said, I downloaded your source, and would be more than willing to assist you in any way you see fit with the development or even maintenance of this project as I know it means sooo much to soo many. In fact that part you wrote about playing emu's as a kid really hit home. In short I would really love to contribute in any way I can currently I can only offer you my limited software skills. My background is in C, C++ , VC++, VB, as well as I do a bit of .NET nowadays. If you would like a hand let me know.

Look forward to talking to you,

Luckithroe

DCergo
December 15th, 2006, 16:49
Nice work as always, Exophase. The unfortunate byproduct of contributing an emulator, for example, is that you'll get complete prepubescent retards making irrational demands. I wouldn't take it seriously at all. If you can, just distance yourself from that nonsense, or get someone to handle your email/forum duties.

Lastly, I'm a proponent of open source, I hope you'll continue to set a good example, despite the alternate releases, which should also be expected - yet another unfortunate byproduct. Most, if not all of us who do appreciate your work don't even bother with these alternate versions. I'd wager many of the ones who do flock to the alternates, are the same bios/rom demanding morons I spoke about above. So, It's no loss, and nothing to allow yourself to get distressed about. :)

We know who the official author is. We know what the official releases are. We're greatful for your hard work. That's what counts.

Have a nice vacation, mate!

SteveV2
December 15th, 2006, 16:49
Thanks Exophase!

Like many others I didn't download the unofficial versions (same with N64).

readfang
December 15th, 2006, 16:54
thanks

wilbur
December 15th, 2006, 17:08
Wow, this emu is a beast/
i just finished Tactics ogre after about 3 weeks. It's one of the f=cking sweetest tactics game i've played (bar front mission on the snes of course).\
Brilliant to see line artifacts are gone.
Bit sad that medal of honour isn't playable but Mario Luigi Superstar well makes up for it.
Don't heed thos insig isms who are too stupid to explore for bios themselves, exofase.
Thank you for your time.
Will u marry me? ill cook and clean

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 17:13
Thanks for this exophase, im sure a lot of people were waiting for this very release. Thanks for fixing the zelda bugs
but this bit confuses me

Fixed a bug causing misaligned errors on 8bit writes to the gbc
audio channel 3 wave data (fixes various Super Robot Wars games)
do GBC games run on gpSP? or have i just misunderstood

gymnotropic
December 15th, 2006, 17:20
VERY nice.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 15th, 2006, 17:26
THX Exophase, just ignore all those stupid people, you will always be my number 1 favourite coder.!!!! keep it up and don't give up!!!

Tinnus
December 15th, 2006, 17:28
Just a quick note. Please don't take it as an offense! :)

wraggster, it's good you're hosting the files here too, but I think it would be just a little more polite to keep his links... (in addition to the attached files) He must have a reason to want links hosted someplace else, I think he'd be smart enough to use the attachment feature if that wasn't the case :)

Anyway my education says you should keep his links :p

Robertlatacz
December 15th, 2006, 17:32
Can this play gbc games aswell because mine dont load up. Its probaly something stupid i'm doing wrong but can someone help.

shadowhawk22
December 15th, 2006, 17:34
Exophase-- please read this.

People impersonate you, mock you, and demand things from you, because you are admired to a great degree. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. With that said, I don't think people should be messing with your release. I have said before, that I would much rather get the goods from the "man" himself, rather than get it from imitators. You are an awesome coder/developer, and because of that, and all the work you put into this, I say THANK YOU! Your hard work makes me happier after a tough day at school. Being able to play old GBA games on the fly, like I used to do back in the day also makes me happy.

Exophase, Please keep this up, at least to finish this to 1.0. Then, maybe release the codes with a message of "goodluck" to anyone else who wants to improve your work. I feel like you are already a God in this scene, and you will not be forgotten. Thanks again buddy.

M-Lin
December 15th, 2006, 17:36
Just played it on a *** break at work - came back 20 minutes late! Bloody brilliant!!!

PS: Yesterday I said GpSP kai was slightly better than 0.8 - 0.9 is much better than GpSP kai - Exophase you ROCK

hack.fool
December 15th, 2006, 17:56
ehy guys I'm tring Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories but I can't pass the initial animation...please help me!

ola_ridiculous
December 15th, 2006, 18:06
EXOPHASE!!! YOU ROCK N RULE.. {sigh.}
... i'll groW uP 2B like you SomDaY...

FANTASTIC 4 - WORKS PERFECTLY!!

Anima229
December 15th, 2006, 18:09
Yugioh 2006 still no work :(

kiariki
December 15th, 2006, 18:09
One person even threatened to report me to Nintendo because I refused to send him one.

Wow. That's the most idiotic thing in the world...

"Dear Nintendo,

I'm sending you this message because Exophase is making a GBA emulator on the PSP but he won't give me the BIOS image for it!"

"Dear Idiot,

We applaud Exophase's decision to not give you the BIOS- It's illegal for you to have it without having a physical GBA, you dolt!"

XD

Can this play gbc games aswell because mine dont load up. Its probaly something stupid i'm doing wrong but can someone help.

Nope- Just GBA games for now. Don't be lazy, there's a pretty good GB/C emulator for the PSP. Grab it and enjoy your backed up GB/C games- Now, you don't have to worry about the cart's battery dying! :P

PSP 101
December 15th, 2006, 18:16
Awsome work Exophase. I knew the wait was worth it!

Poem58
December 15th, 2006, 18:49
Great Work Exophase...and I agree with you fully..
I can't keep up with all these different "versions" of stuff anymore..I quit. I stopped getting any emu's and devhooks and such cause I can't figure who's who's and what's what anymore....I think until a person announces they've quit a project others should leave it alone. It's just confusing. and usually the benefit they added is trumped by the next official anyway.

Gold Line
December 15th, 2006, 18:56
this is the best all my fav games work full speed YES!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
but the cheat menu is buging me how do you use it?

gr42178
December 15th, 2006, 19:04
Nope- Just GBA games for now. Don't be lazy, there's a pretty good GB/C emulator for the PSP. Grab it and enjoy your backed up GB/C games- Now, you don't have to worry about the cart's battery dying! :P
Why is it that you cant play gameboy color/gameboy games? You can do it on a regular gba??? Not that it matters, there are emulators for them, I was just curious why they dont work.

ShuzzleBuzzle
December 15th, 2006, 19:22
Thanks you Exophase, the PSP scene is full of assholes so next time they try to talk to you just ignore them.

xeonz
December 15th, 2006, 19:25
To Right!

gunntims0103
December 15th, 2006, 19:33
awsome!!!!

i come back from school and this is what i find a gpsp update by exophase himself. Im downloading it now and will test and play games.

Thank you very much exophase. Don't let people that bad mouth or try and bring down project bring you down. Its happened to me with my own projects i try to just not care what people say or do.

This is definitly top 5 on the best psp homebrew if not the very best.

Again exophase THANK YOU :)

parsifal968
December 15th, 2006, 19:43
simply one word... THANKS!

not here anymore
December 15th, 2006, 19:46
Great release, reading the amount of bug fixes/enhancements gives an idea on how much work was put into this; thanks Exophase.

I still see a few things that would make it perfect.
- remember the ROM folder or have the emu look for roms in GPSP/ROMS at startup.
- Same for the SAVE directory, have it "fixed" as GPSP/SAVES for exemple (because it's getting crazy with roms & saves at the root)
- FF6! it has the same exact bugs as version8, meaning weird background/sprite missing and crashing upon entering battle (screen blacks out but music continues alright).
Later,

TSR

quzar
December 15th, 2006, 19:59
Only download the official releases folks. you heard it here.

Cant wait to try this later.. I really need to brush up on my gba link knowledge.... ;)

Same for NJ's stuff too right? ;P

Just a quick note. Please don't take it as an offense! :)

wraggster, it's good you're hosting the files here too, but I think it would be just a little more polite to keep his links... (in addition to the attached files) He must have a reason to want links hosted someplace else, I think he'd be smart enough to use the attachment feature if that wasn't the case :)

Anyway my education says you should keep his links :p

I agree wholeheartedly. It's not right to take down an author's links just to force people to register here to download this.

I hope you have a great time in Cali dude.

x-zero
December 15th, 2006, 20:01
I never downloaded a unofficial releases i don't trusted them. Im Loyalty is with Exophase and his gpsp and no one less.

not here anymore
December 15th, 2006, 20:11
Oh a small bug, booting the bios (yes i have the correct version, md5 matches alright) crashes the emu.

LilSwish722
December 15th, 2006, 20:41
niceeeee. i wish my friend hadnt updated my psp(im gonna kill him lol) but all the official releases are much better than unofficial. plus this is no small update. its crazy the amount of things you have fixed and added. nice going. keept it up. Hope to see more from you.

paughthead
December 15th, 2006, 20:52
Thanks so much!!!
You dont know what this means for my lil bro and I.
This is one of or if not the greatest emulator for the psp hands down! Thanks again for giving us hours upon hours worth of gaming! :D

psman
December 15th, 2006, 20:53
just when i thought the psp emulation site was going downhill u sweep in and make it all better thanks for your hard work man

SpacemanSpiff
December 15th, 2006, 20:55
Great release, a couple of issues though. I don't seem to be able to save my settings, so I have to change the button config and frameskip settings every time I start the emulator. This also makes the sound buffer size option useless since it doesn't take effect until you restart the emulator. Finally I can't scroll through the rom selector with the analog nub anymore. Other than that this is a great release, keep up the good work!

Trackstorm
December 15th, 2006, 21:40
Danke für den fetten Emulator.:o

Zargon
December 15th, 2006, 21:50
Wow, this emulator update has made my day. Thank you, Exophase, for making my day better and more complete as well as helping to perfect everyones gaming selection. Your awsome and keep up the good work!

Ihavenolife
December 15th, 2006, 21:57
This is my favorite emulator by far. Thank you so much for all of the great work you have done on it. I really appreciate it. What a great early christmas present!

tophead420
December 15th, 2006, 22:02
this is what i was wanting to see when i got on today thanks alot man for all the hard work i guess this means i can start updating the compat list since people stopped on the last release im really hoping that SRS works now and banjo kazooie thanks alot man

mp3man
December 15th, 2006, 22:04
Exophase, you are the best

PSPCulture
December 15th, 2006, 22:18
Great work, running very sweetly.

If you need any help (Support/promotion wise) drop me a line.

wipeout2000
December 15th, 2006, 22:45
Donate to Exophase!! ;)

John Vattic
December 15th, 2006, 22:57
People swearing at me for refusing to give them the BIOS, for instance. One person even threatened to report me to Nintendo because I refused to send him one.[/B]

Thats just a bunch of little kids mad because they are stupid. Don't let their ungrateful comments get to you.
Alot of us are extremely proud of you! I maybe more so, as I'm a Hoosier!
Without your hard work gba emu for psp would be a pipe dream.
I thank you sincerely for what you have done for the psp scene!.

Dr. Vattic

tragedie
December 15th, 2006, 23:00
Why is it that you cant play gameboy color/gameboy games? You can do it on a regular gba??? Not that it matters, there are emulators for them, I was just curious why they dont work.

I guess I could have just said that GB/GBC and GBA speak different languages to the hardware.

Its pulled from a different part of the hardware. GB and GBC games were programmed in Z80, the same as your TI-82 / 83 / 84 / 85 series calculators, and switched over to the Zilog processor when an older game was used. Gameboy Advance titles do not use this technology (it came out in 1976). Backwards compatibility rarely runs natively on newer machines. The same is true for PlayStation and XBox, in order to run older software, they need to switch to a different package whether it be a separate processor or through software emulation.

Yeah, I think we've all pretty much agreed that those nasty emails are coming from those pre-pubescent little buggers. I'm pretty sure that 13 year old kid isn't going to sue. If he had the money for a lawyer, I think he'd have enough to get a Gameboy Advance or fifty with some money left over for a car they can't drive. I wouldn't pay them much attention, they're going through an awkard stage in life. But if you see one in the street, hitting one is worth 10 points. (Note: Please do not commit vehicular homocide.)

Tinnus
December 15th, 2006, 23:25
The GBA has GBC hardware to take care of running GBC games.

What happens is that some (well, a lot) of GBA games use the GBC sound chip (included in the GBA) to generate part of their sound. So a GBA emulator needs to emulate the GBC sound hardware as well--why you see people talking about "GBC sound". It's not sound in GBC games, but rather sounds fron GBA games that use the GBC sound chip :)

demiansan
December 15th, 2006, 23:58
Be in peace, master of the gpSP.

you made this little diamond,
You polished IT with your skills,
YOU make IT SHINE,
YOU WILL BE the ONE,
THE GPSP ONLY CREATOR.

And everybody knew/knows/will know that for sure.

THANK YOU REALLY MUCH.

siulmagic
December 15th, 2006, 23:59
amazing release and agian man dont listen to that ginorant people just bare with ther eignorance enyways your a great coder man you mad emy gba dream come true keep up the good work

benn
December 16th, 2006, 00:20
dude you rock. keep building man. you got the plan. thanks for keeping faith with all those who appreciate what you doing for us.
:)

gunntims0103
December 16th, 2006, 00:43
OMG.

I just tried this update and im sorry to say i ran into a ton of problems.

KH:COM doesnt work anymore, well it gets about 10 secs into the intro video then it freezes.

Also when i actually ran my bios to see if it was running okay, i got a crash error.

Whats going on. Im using the same bios and the same KH:COM as i did since exophases first release and now its not working.

I think il go back to 0.8 :(

brasssmunky
December 16th, 2006, 00:58
seriously
i cant thank you enough..
i mean, i had saved 150 bucks
and was gonna get a DS, primarily for th:thumbup: e GBA games..
like 2 days before i was gonna go to town
(no bestbuy or n e thing in my little town)
your emulator released on dcemu
with the sight that it ran some games full speed
i decided to hold off on that DS
and i couldnt be happier
instead of a DS i just bought a 2 gig stick and kept the rest for random stuff
thank you
you have changed my gaming life.

Bub
December 16th, 2006, 01:26
A thousand times thank you!! This is fantastic! Keep up the good work!:D

gunntims0103
December 16th, 2006, 01:29
on my problems does anyone have the same problems or is it even working for you guys??

XioN980
December 16th, 2006, 01:49
I NEVER used the Kai builds, call me a purist but did the other coder EVER give credit to Exophase, that really pisses me off when that happens

Tron_Fan
December 16th, 2006, 02:05
Just in case anyone cares, it does run on a 2.71. Golden Sun plays perfectly.

xcjzerox
December 16th, 2006, 02:12
now we need a perfect psx emulator

Veskgar
December 16th, 2006, 04:07
on my problems does anyone have the same problems or is it even working for you guys??

Regarding Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

You must use the (E) version. The crash will happen during the games opening video sequence but just use some clever save state tricks to get around it.

Get past the intro to the start of the game using gpSP 0.8 and make a save state or an actual save at at save point. Then bring that save state (.SVS file) or in game save (.SAV file) over to gpSP 0.9. Now just start the game and load your save and voila!!! Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories working 99.9% lol on gpSP 0.9!

Basil Zero
December 16th, 2006, 04:09
awesome exophase

and make sure to be careful unlike what happened to DA

.:PSP1.0:.
December 16th, 2006, 04:25
Thank you sooo much Exophase! Your a credit and asset to the PSP scene stuff all those idots out there giving you grief.. Cos you the MAN! "Thumbs Up"

classicgmr
December 16th, 2006, 04:26
This is another great release! Thanks Exophase. :)

Exo has also been helping us out in the GP2X community with a gPSP port. That has been the best news in months for us as well.

I've not downloaded any of the hacks of this emulator and will only get official and sanctioned releases of ANYONE'S work. Respect the coder.

Understandable
December 16th, 2006, 06:09
Breath of fire 2 still doesent work:(

dman32
December 16th, 2006, 06:10
Nintendo power tennis still has problems

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 06:11
This is probably going to get me flamed, and I HATE to do what I am about to do... but here goes.

This emulator does NOT work well at all for me.

With that being said, I will explain. The unofficial release actually runs much better on the game that I use it primarily for (ff5). I did notice that even though the unofficial release (2.6) said the bug in Shining Force was fixed, it still wasn't, and with this official release it is actually fixed, however it runs MUCH slower, and FF5 runs horrible.

I compared both emulators in tiff eloader(s) 0.99 and 0.995. Both versions worked in 0.99 with the KAI 2.5 release being slighty better, and in 0.995, kai loads right up no problem and this release crashes EVERY time.

I am totally NOT trashing exophase. To write an emulator from the ground up like he did is AMAZING, and there is NO WAY I ever could do it, but aparently the other guy got.... (lucky, maybe?) something right to get it to work as well and as fast as he did using eloader.

So I'm on the fence here, guys. I would REALLY like to use Exo's emu, but issues with eloader keep me from doing so. I'm not risking my $200 investment by downgrading, so eloader is the only option I have, and until it's more compatible with eloader, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stick with kai 2.5.

MKSmoke
December 16th, 2006, 06:58
Super A+ Emulator although yoshi’s island still dose not work :(

Auriman1
December 16th, 2006, 07:13
Great update, the last one easily served my purposes, and this one's even better :)

NyghtcrawleR
December 16th, 2006, 07:32
Great release and glad to see coders who do it for the sake of coding.

Just for some info dont even know if would help, but before this release Medal of Honor: Infiltrator would just reset itself (go back to the game boy logo screen) after trying to load the first level. After this release, when attempting it now just give the blue screen telling me the psp crashed. Dont know if you that can point anything out but figured I'd get it out there.

Joe100517
December 16th, 2006, 07:51
Thanks so much Exophase! This is awesome and I hope people stop hassling you because there's no need for that. I've been rocking out Final Fantasy V Advance and now it runs almost perfectly sound and all! Thanks again! ^_^

LAMPRO
December 16th, 2006, 09:00
brilliant!

brilliant!

what other projects is exo going to bless us wit??

b8a
December 16th, 2006, 10:11
Just now downloading this, but, you deffinately have my appreciation for your work on this. I've said it before but this is the only emulator that I ever REALLY wanted on the PSP. Your past work has been top-notch, so I don't care if it takes you ten months between each release, because I always know that they'll be quality goods. Thanks again.

Triggerman
December 16th, 2006, 11:22

Yoshi's Island already works for a while for me.
Try to get another BIOS file. I was trying different BIOS files and some of them caused Yoshi's Island to crash on the Intro. :)

remin
December 16th, 2006, 11:37
great realese !

Prospero
December 16th, 2006, 11:59
Superb work, Exophase, serious kudos to you! :thumbup: :D

It's such a shame that there are some lamers around that do these stupid things. Age isn't really that much of an excuse... if they're old enough to figure out how to use your emulator, they're also old enough to know some basic manners. Sigh :(

I just hope you don't let them get to you, and continue making what is hands-down the best emulator available for the PSP right now. Once again... kudos, sir :)

tuta
December 16th, 2006, 12:11
This is probably going to get me flamed, and I HATE to do what I am about to do... but here goes.

With that being said, I will explain. The unofficial release actually runs much better on the game that I use it primarily for (ff5). I did notice that even though the unofficial release (2.6) said the bug in Shining Force was fixed, it still wasn't, and with this official release it is actually fixed, however it runs MUCH slower, and FF5 runs horrible.

I compared both emulators in tiff eloader(s) 0.99 and 0.995. Both versions worked in 0.99 with the KAI 2.5 release being slighty better, and in 0.995, kai loads right up no problem and this release crashes EVERY time.

I am totally NOT trashing exophase. To write an emulator from the ground up like he did is AMAZING, and there is NO WAY I ever could do it, but aparently the other guy got.... (lucky, maybe?) something right to get it to work as well and as fast as he did using eloader.

So I'm on the fence here, guys. I would REALLY like to use Exo's emu, but issues with eloader keep me from doing so. I'm not risking my $200 investment by downgrading, so eloader is the only option I have, and until it's more compatible with eloader, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stick with kai 2.5.

Dude look dont post crap like this ppl before used the gta exploit because they cant downgrade or their stuck on TA mobo now theres downgraders so ppl downgrade to 1.5.

In gta exploit most emu dont run smoothly and how do you expect the new exploit to have full compat for homebrews 2.8 dun have kernel access and thats what lot of homebrews need to get full compat.

U want good homebrew go downgrade u have bad mobo then u have bad luck.

u said u aint riskin your $200 investment for downgrade and why are you sayin u usein tiff?
most ppl use tiff for 2.8+ and 2.8+ cant downgrade
go for hend+1.50 devhook (if ure on 2.5-2.71 with TA MOBO) and I bet u gpsp 0.9 will run better

Furthur note though u said kai worked better and do you know kai has a release specially for eloader!
Do you see any for gpSP?NO! its very clear that homebrew releases are specially for 1.5 or 2.71se
Unless stated otherwise tiff homebrew etc

GO DO YOUR RESEARCH B4 POSTIN STUFF!!!!

hlide
December 16th, 2006, 12:59

I'm very happy with my PSP downgraded to 1.5. That's a huge difference if you want to run homebrews like gpSP.

Exophase has a different strategy than Katta. He tries to understand how he can rewrite the most difficult part of the code to improve globally the compatibility and if possible the speedup of games in a clean way. Katta doesn't because this is a task he cannot handle. Instead he tries some tricks (not even 1% of code is altered !) to speedup for some games in a dirty way which could prevent Exophase from improving his code in a more global way.

Since Katta isn't very cooperative with Exophase, Exophase chose not to try to understand how Katta did. It is up to Katta to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate them in a cleaner and safer way. If Katta refused, you should refuse his releases until he consents to do so. I disaggree with the way Katta tries to fork gpSP whereas he is not even author of 1% of code. That's a lame way to do so. And people using his releases are kinda of lamers too. Sure, this is my opinion.

By the way, your fear honors Sony's efforts too.

RDToT
December 16th, 2006, 13:10
its a GREAT FANTASTIC and all
i thank you for it and if there is any one disturps you
just tell me i will crush him with a smiling face

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 13:40
Just played it on a *** break at work - came back 20 minutes late! Bloody brilliant!!!

This post made me LOL . Good to see that coders have the power to screw us over at the workplace too :D

Napalm-Death
December 16th, 2006, 15:59
Thank you for the jaw-dropping release!!

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 16:06
Dude look dont post crap like this ppl before used the gta exploit because they cant downgrade or their stuck on TA mobo now theres downgraders so ppl downgrade to 1.5.

In gta exploit most emu dont run smoothly and how do you expect the new exploit to have full compat for homebrews 2.8 dun have kernel access and thats what lot of homebrews need to get full compat.

U want good homebrew go downgrade u have bad mobo then u have bad luck.

u said u aint riskin your $200 investment for downgrade and why are you sayin u usein tiff?
most ppl use tiff for 2.8+ and 2.8+ cant downgrade
go for hend+1.50 devhook (if ure on 2.5-2.71 with TA MOBO) and I bet u gpsp 0.9 will run better

Furthur note though u said kai worked better and do you know kai has a release specially for eloader!
Do you see any for gpSP?NO! its very clear that homebrew releases are specially for 1.5 or 2.71se
Unless stated otherwise tiff homebrew etc

GO DO YOUR RESEARCH B4 POSTIN STUFF!!!!

Ok, first off, PLEASE learn how to spell out words like people and you. I cant read "ppl" and "u". For your information, I DO research. I've been reading these forums for oh, about 6 months, and you'll notince I have what, about 5 posts? Gee, I wonder WHY? because I ONLY post when I have thought my post out and make an inteligent reply, instead of just bad-mouthing other people FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

Oh and for your information, I'm not using the eloader version of Kai. Did I say I was using Kai for eloader? No I didn't. I'm actually using the 1.0 version through eloader on my 2.6 firmware. It works better. Plain and simple. I WASN'T badmouthing Exophase or his work, infatct, I actually PRAISED him, or did you not READ that part? All I was doing was stating that it works better for me.

If Katta didnt make any "real" changes, then why does it actually work better for me? I don't know. Like I said, maybe he got lucky.

gunntims0103
December 16th, 2006, 16:08
Regarding Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

You must use the (E) version. The crash will happen during the games opening video sequence but just use some clever save state tricks to get around it.

Get past the intro to the start of the game using gpSP 0.8 and make a save state or an actual save at at save point. Then bring that save state (.SVS file) or in game save (.SAV file) over to gpSP 0.9. Now just start the game and load your save and voila!!! Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories working 99.9% lol on gpSP 0.9!

yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9?

maybe i have to change my rom or bios....

Panini
December 16th, 2006, 16:10
Ok, first off, PLEASE learn how to spell out words like people and you. I cant read "ppl" and "u". For your information, I DO research. I've been reading these forums for oh, about 6 months, and you'll notince I have what, about 5 posts? Gee, I wonder WHY? because I ONLY post when I have thought my post out and make an inteligent reply, instead of just bad-mouthing other people FOR HAVING AN OPINION.

Oh and for your information, I'm not using the eloader version of Kai. Did I say I was using Kai for eloader? No I didn't. I'm actually using the 1.0 version through eloader on my 2.6 firmware. It works better. Plain and simple. I WASN'T badmouthing Exophase or his work, infatct, I actually PRAISED him, or did you not READ that part? All I was doing was stating that it works better for me.

Typos? :)

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 16:20
yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9?

maybe i have to change my rom or bios....

Hey Gunntims... I think I may have a savestate somewhere in my PC if you want me to send you it . . . It begins at the first boss battle... you really dont miss a tremendous amount of the game. PM me if ya want it.

Veskgar
December 16th, 2006, 16:35
With that being said, I will explain. The unofficial release actually runs much better on the game that I use it primarily for (ff5). FF5 runs horrible. The eloader is the only option I have, and until it's more compatible with eloader, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stick with kai 2.5.
Well, first of all, Final Fantasy V Advance (U) runs great using this emulator on a 1.50 PSP. So it may be eLoader related. I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure it runs even better than it did in 0.8 Second, I know you think its risky but its really not. You should really downgrade to 1.50 or downgrade/upgrade to 2.71 SE.

Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) DOES WORK!!! And the best part of all is that it runs FULL SPEED w/ perfect sound in this version. Make sure you have the CORRECT bios and a clean dump of the game. Where in the game are you running into issues?

yea but its not the same, i wonder why i can view the whole intro video in 0.8 but it crashes in 0.9? Maybe i have to change my rom or bios....
Well even on 0.8 when you can view the video. The video is not perfect at all. Its very distorted and sort of psychedelic. So it should not really be an issue. And its something that Exophase could probably fix if he really had a look at it.

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 16:38
I'm very happy with my PSP downgraded to 1.5. That's a huge difference if you want to run homebrews like gpSP.

Exophase has a different strategy than Katta. He tries to understand how he can rewrite the most difficult part of the code to improve globally the compatibility and if possible the speedup of games in a clean way. Katta doesn't because this is a task he cannot handle. Instead he tries some tricks (not even 1% of code is altered !) to speedup for some games in a dirty way which could prevent Exophase from improving his code in a more global way.

Since Katta isn't very cooperative with Exophase, Exophase chose not to try to understand how Katta did. It is up to Katta to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate them in a cleaner and safer way. If Katta refused, you should refuse his releases until he consents to do so. I disaggree with the way Katta tries to fork gpSP whereas he is not even author of 1% of code. That's a lame way to do so. And people using his releases are kinda of lamers too. Sure, this is my opinion.

By the way, your fear honors Sony's efforts too.

See, this is more like the adult response I expected, unlike other people's response. I honestly never expected to REALLY hurt anyone's feelings over this, I was simply stating what worked for me.

Katta may have totally screwed Exophases code, and I never claimed otherwise. I'm no coder, simply a casual gamer. I know that Exophase released the original gpsp, I tried 0.8 LONG before I ever tried Kai. I had 0.8 working pretty well, with a high frameskip, games were playable mostly with bad sound. Having both emulators side by side with the same settings, though, I see that Kai works better for me on "most" games that I have tried, and without most of the glitches in sound.

I have seen emulators come and go, (remember genecyst on the pc?) and often, less that 1% of code changes are enough to make a difference. As I've said, though, maybe he got lucky, who knows?

Joe100517
December 16th, 2006, 16:41
My psp is a 1.5 and on the previous version FF5A didn't run as fast and the music was all messed up but now it's pretty much perfect... I would assume it's Ramza's version since you're reporting that it runs better too, Veskar.

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 16:58
Well, first of all, Final Fantasy V Advance (U) runs great using this emulator on a 1.50 PSP. So it may be eLoader related. I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure it runs even better than it did in 0.8 Second, I know you think its risky but its really not. You should really downgrade to 1.50 or downgrade/upgrade to 2.71 SE.

Okay, again, FFV runs quite well on Kai, with a frameskip of zero in the 2-D parts. Almost perfect. I have to change the frameskip to 2 or 3 while flying the airship if I want smooth sound, though. On the official release, however, even with a frameskip as high as 6 the sound was still choppy, and anything higer than 6 the animations looked, well, jerky.

So, yes, you may be right, eloader MAY be the cause of the problems with the official release.

Downgrading is not an option for me. I have the right board to do so, but I don't want to have to use devhook to play my UMD games, and have to face the possibility that new games are more than likely not going to work. So, upgrading to 2.7 may be a possibility, but for now, I'll stick with eloader.

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 17:00
Typos? :)

HAHA, busted... :p

I was on a rant... :rofl:

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 17:20
just a little side note.. those wanting to play yoshi's island . . . snes9x_tyl plays it almost flawlessly with the correct settings. try some experimenting.

also.. the snes version is superior to the GBA version (I dont like the way the landscape in the Mario Advance games seem to be sort of zoomed in) so, yeah, give snes9x a shot instead.

gameover
December 16th, 2006, 17:35
it doesn't work in my 2.8 psp...
with the eloader, i get a black screen and then my psp restarts.
with the xloader, gpsp starts but when it loads a game, it crashes...(advance wars seems to run ok and tales of the world narikiri dungeon 2 loads but when i get to the menu i get the black screen...)

xg917
December 16th, 2006, 18:51
i am using HEN D with devhook to emulate 1.5 and i have to say, this emulator just made my day!! kingdom hearts works when i added my saved file, yoshi story doesnt work but i have ideas on how to make it work so i dont have a problem there, none of my games have sound problems or lagging problems

i wanna see how much a difference gpsp 1.0 is gonna be, :P lol

hlide
December 16th, 2006, 18:53
See, this is more like the adult response I expected, unlike other people's response. I honestly never expected to REALLY hurt anyone's feelings over this, I was simply stating what worked for me.

Katta may have totally screwed Exophases code, and I never claimed otherwise. I'm no coder, simply a casual gamer. I know that Exophase released the original gpsp, I tried 0.8 LONG before I ever tried Kai. I had 0.8 working pretty well, with a high frameskip, games were playable mostly with bad sound. Having both emulators side by side with the same settings, though, I see that Kai works better for me on "most" games that I have tried, and without most of the glitches in sound.

And so, is it a reason for Katta not to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate those modifications instead of forking a project where Katta is not the author of even 1% of code ?

Thekinglotr
December 16th, 2006, 18:57
Just wanted tell Exophase that he rocks, thanks and keep up the good work!

gameover
December 16th, 2006, 19:26
hey, exophase, couldn't u do a gpsp compatible with 2.8, please????? :( :( :( :(

shadowhawk22
December 16th, 2006, 19:44
^^^ Give me a break. Get off this guy's back. "Gameover", Exophase shouldn't have to just hear how you want an emulator for your 2.8... He is a great man, who has worked hard for us, giving us a free emulator that works near perfect. The least you could do is say thank you, and then go to Ebay and buy a cheap 1.5 FW PSP... It is much more urgent that he fix compat issues, than it is to release this for 2.8 (lol...).

Thanks again exhophase! You're the man!!

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 19:58
And so, is it a reason for Katta not to submit his modifications to Exophase so the latter can integrate those modifications instead of forking a project where Katta is not the author of even 1% of code ?

Dude, I totally agree with you, I think that Katta needs to communicate with Exophase, just to see what he did to make it work so well for some and not at all for others. I think that if katta spoke (better? any?) English, maybe the two of them could collaborate and actually make the emulator MORE compatible for everyone, even those of us that don't want to upgrade. I doubt that will happen though, because Exophase probably wouldn't piss on Katta if he was on fire. :eek:

pkmaximum
December 16th, 2006, 20:01
Great work Exophase, I look forward to trying this release right away =D

I like all the work you do on the emulator and I'm not telling you to incorporate these things, but these are just for ideas, to complete V1.0 if you don't have any set in stone ones ;)

Cheat Support

Multiplayer Support, (if the PSP has enough ram to handel it XD)

A cleaner GUI, the one right now is kind of well ughh....

And thats it. Once again Exophase you are definently a great coder, and every release you do does nothing but impress me :)

Ramza042
December 16th, 2006, 20:05
And Yea, Exophase, you ROCK. I love the emulator man, I am in NO way disrespecting ANYTHING you have done. I'm simply saying what works for me. I wish I could run your version as well as everyone else. Please don't take it as a bad thing. You laid down a perfect backbone for a kick ass emulator, and without that backbone, the Kai version wouldn't even exist, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy gba games on my psp. Keep up the good work.

bobu44
December 16th, 2006, 22:30
Adding my kudos for the new update, definitely a noticeable difference

Gizmo356
December 16th, 2006, 22:33
Thanx for the update

blaz3d
December 16th, 2006, 23:54
wow, worth all the wait loving it.

Ramza are you talking about the Eloader and Xloader versions of those builds? im sure that recompiling gpsp 0.9 to run on different FW, like Dax did with 0.8(i think) wouldnt be too hard. but hey im not really the man to ask about that;)

What i like about dcemu is the community is fairly well etiquetted. Compared to the ammount of idiots spamming the forums there are always positive and constructive comments. No matter what anyone else says or thinks exophase rules:thumbup:

I hope that we do get 1.0 someday

oh yeah and thanks to exophase! i hope you have a nice holiday, merry chrismas & happy new year:D

peace

Shiesty
December 17th, 2006, 01:41
thanks for getting mario vs donkey kong to work

Ramza042
December 17th, 2006, 02:58
wow, worth all the wait loving it.

Ramza are you talking about the Eloader and Xloader versions of those builds? im sure that recompiling gpsp 0.9 to run on different FW, like Dax did with 0.8(i think) wouldnt be too hard. but hey im not really the man to ask about that;)

Actually, I'm using the 1.0 firmware version eboot of "gpsp-kai 2.5", through eloader 0.99 and 0.995 on firmware 2.6, not the eloader one. The eloader version actually ran worse, haha. I'm not asking Exophase to do anything, or any coder for that matter, I don't like to pester people for releases. But man, if he did do something like that, he would be GOD to all the people like me that don't want to downgrade.

SmashinGit
December 17th, 2006, 03:12
I copied over my save file from Visualboy Emulator and managed to get past the intro where this game normally hangs. I then selected a level to play but then it crashed :(

It comes up with an error message,

psp-addr2line -e target.elf -f -c 0*89f7a6c 0*ea88bd62 0*8f06e18

hope this helps.

juggaleaux
December 17th, 2006, 03:14
Wow! Windows NT! :P

Ramza042
December 17th, 2006, 03:22
Wow! Windows NT! :P

hahaha, so true.

oh and smashingit, I BET you need the proper gba bios. All the problems I have had with this emulator, and yoshi's island actually works almost flawless for me, even with good speed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gba_bios.bin&btnG=Google+Search

Veskgar
December 17th, 2006, 03:45
I copied over my save file from Visualboy Emulator and managed to get past the intro where this game normally hangs. I then selected a level to play but then it crashed :(

It comes up with an error message,

psp-addr2line -e target.elf -f -c 0*89f7a6c 0*ea88bd62 0*8f06e18

After seeing this I just tried it again to confirm and played all the way to level 1-4 (Castle). There are no problems with this game. Both the intro and level selection work fine.

Make sure you don't have a bad dump of this game and also be sure to have the CORRECT bios.

SmashinGit
December 17th, 2006, 03:52
Bloody hell, thanks for the help. Got it working! :D

animekid4
December 17th, 2006, 06:45
Heck i dont see what people are complaning about i was satisified with .6 but if this is another relese even better thats great too!

Pumped'Up
December 17th, 2006, 07:43
Thanks sooo much Exophase - your work is unbelievably amazing - hope to see other PSP apps from you soon.

Selech
December 17th, 2006, 13:37
Help :D

Pretty much a noob here, but I think people are nice and takes this with a smile ;)

Does it work on 2.81 FW? Or do I need DH or?
Seriously, I try to understand..

hardedge71
December 17th, 2006, 13:46
I dont usually post messages, however I had to on this case. I too have always loved the homebrew scene,and was thinking of making a GBA emulator of my own.i can remember,looking at my psp in my hands and thinking [if only i could play my favourite GBA games like Golden Sun on my psp...sigh...].Exophase u are truly commendable for all the work you have done for the homebrew community-& no other crappy hybrid type form of your emulator has EVER touched my PSP.I expect the best from the best, and for GBA emulation-you are truly leading the scene for PSP..

As for thoses who blackmail you into giving BIOS's and ROMS...Could you people please learn how to use the internet-and stop discouraging coders.As too many a time have we seen good coders get tired of complains from players.(Although Exophase claims he wil grit his teeth,through the rubbish)he shouldn't have to. Just search on Google and find whatever you need to...trust me-everything can be found there if you look hard enough.

I've talked enough, anyhow I'd just like to say again, thank you Exophase.Forget the darkness trying to shroud your light-let it shine through your emulator.IT ROCKS!

240-185
December 17th, 2006, 18:54
Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island (U) DOES WORK!!! And the best part of all is that it runs FULL SPEED w/ perfect sound in this version. Make sure you have the CORRECT bios and a clean dump of the game. Where in the game are you running into issues?
I've got a (E) version, the game freezes in the intro for a long while, and it doesn't run correctly: instead of jumping, the green Yoshi is pushing something.

Ramza042
December 17th, 2006, 19:18
again, having the correct bios makes the world of difference. read the readme file, he TELLS you exactly what bios you need, and how to tell if it's the right one.

from the readme file

Q) How do I know I have the right BIOS?

A) If you have md5sum you can check if it has this hash:
a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6
That BIOS should work fine.

reading pays.

acn010
December 17th, 2006, 21:29
sweet, yet, im too late.. :(

mfz64
December 17th, 2006, 23:33
Please some one answer my questions, i'm kinda new; Please i need detailed help on how to do this and what firmware versions it works on

repuken2
December 18th, 2006, 01:28
i'm using the correct bios version now and the compatibility problems are gone.

The bios was the problem, everybody having issues should try it.

http://www.etree.org/md5com.html

Md5sum check = a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

xxcolbyxx
December 18th, 2006, 01:41
I'm having a problem with my game saves right now.

For games like, say Zelda Minish Cap, i save, but when i play a different game and come back to zelda, i no longer see my save file. May someone help me out? Thanks.

Veskgar
December 18th, 2006, 02:06
I'm having a problem with my game saves right now.

For games like, say Zelda Minish Cap, i save, but when i play a different game and come back to zelda, i no longer see my save file. May someone help me out? Thanks.

People really need to understand that when it comes to issues with PSP homebrew, help & diagnosis depends largely on knowing EVERY DETAIL.

1.) Which firmware you are using
2.) Which version of this EMU you are using
3.) Which ROM version you are using (J) (U) (E) for example.
4.) Are you using the right BIOS?
5.) Did you import those saves from a previous EMU?

Those are just some of the things that need to be known to better help you.

xxcolbyxx
December 18th, 2006, 02:24
Oops, sorry about that Veskgar.

FW 1.5
Using the newest version, gpSP .9
ROM version (U)
Yes, correct BIOS
Not imported saves; created a new save on the emu.

All my other game saves fine, except for Minish Cap and M&L Super Saga. Maybe its just the version i'm using? I'll go use a different version and see if that works out. Thanks.

Veskgar
December 18th, 2006, 02:37
@ xxcolbyxx - Thanks, that is much better.

I'm using that same setup and also the (U) version of Zelda & Mario & Luigi. I have seen no problems like what you mentioned. If it helps here are the sizes (zipped) of the ROMs in which I am using.

Mario & Luigi = 6.60 MB
Zelda = 7.23 MB

The only other thing I could think is reinstall gpSP, do a chkdsk on memory stick to look for little corruptions, or just reformat the memory stick.

Kyros
December 18th, 2006, 05:28
Hi all, I am having a similar problem with Zelda but also with other games I am using Firmware v. 1.5 and gpSP v. 0.9 with The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U) ROM, I did transfer my SAV file from Zelda from v. 0.8 and it loaded fine but it said the file was corrupted so I deleted and tried to load Zelda again and all I would get is a blank white screen or a blank black screen, I deleted the CFG and it loaded fine but as soon as exit gpSP and try to load Zelda again I just get the white or black screen and the same goes for all my ROMs...this never happened with v. 0.8, any help will be appreciated...Thanx for your time.

hlide
December 18th, 2006, 18:45
Hi all, I am having a similar problem with Zelda but also with other games I am using Firmware v. 1.5 and gpSP v. 0.9 with The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U) ROM, I did transfer my SAV file from Zelda from v. 0.8 and it loaded fine but it said the file was corrupted so I deleted and tried to load Zelda again and all I would get is a blank white screen or a blank black screen, I deleted the CFG and it loaded fine but as soon as exit gpSP and try to load Zelda again I just get the white or black screen and the same goes for all my ROMs...this never happened with v. 0.8, any help will be appreciated...Thanx for your time.
save a savestate with 0.8 and load it with 0.9 : i heard it works this way.

shadowhawk22
December 18th, 2006, 20:13
Kyros, also try copying back over the minish cap rom file. If you backed up the save, and the rom before, simply move them both over to your memory stick again, after completely deleting the gpsp (back it up again just in case). Removing all the files, and then moving them back from your original backup will probably fix it. This had happened to be as well, but the problem was fixed after doing this^^.

SuckerPunch
December 19th, 2006, 01:49
Thank you, you made the greatest program in the history of psp homebrew, no joke.

I'm sorry you're getting so much crap for it.

I would like to send you money via paypal to show my support in hopes that you will not leave the homebrew dev scene, where should I sent it?

slik da relic
December 19th, 2006, 02:32
A few words:

I actually worked really hard on this all day to add a bunch of stuff. This is, of course, in spite of all the crap from this scene. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of very appreciative and dedicated people around (my two beta testers, of course). But I have to deal with a lot of things. People swearing at me for refusing to give them the BIOS, for instance. One person even threatened to report me to Nintendo because I refused to send him one. People literally arguing with me about why it's not fair for me to refuse to send them ROMs. People impersonating me on other message boards. Someone recently pretended to be me and said that I was giving up because I can't compete with Takka's releases. Things like that.[/B]

i PERSONALLY will thk u for all the HARD work, u and all the other coders have put in over the yrs... i never knew stupidness like what you've mentioned actually went on... i guess thats why we have unfinished emus, and missin coders... guys need to have patience and stop actin like what u are...CHILDREN!!! thx again!!!

da relic

drock82
December 19th, 2006, 19:42
games that work full speed:thumbup:

pac man collection
mario kart
namco museum
konami collector series
spiderman
turok
all star baseball 04
ultimate brain games
castlevania:aria of sorrow
wario inc.-mega microgames
wario inc-mini game mania
sega arcade gallery
sega smash pack
bionicle
altered beast
metriod zero
r type 3
double dragon advance
007 everything or nothing
river city ransom
super mario ball
who wants to be a millionaire
metal slug
mario vs donkey kong
ms pacman maze madness
monopoly
legend of zelda:minish cap
rocky
popeye
scrabble blast
who wants to be a millionaire:second edition
warioware-twisted
dk king of swing-only the story mode works
mortal kombat deadly alliance
board game classics
connect four,perfection,trouble
sorry,aggravation,scrabble junior
ultimate spiderman
dogz
life,yahtzee,payday
lego star wars 2
uno 52
maro and luigi superstar saga
yoshi topsy turvy
eragon

Gold Line
December 19th, 2006, 20:27
using the xloader on ver 2.80 Gpsp 09 will only work with some games like mario superstar saga and kingdom hearts
if you are ver 2.80 it would be better if you just use gpsp kai 26 and just hope for a eloader ver of gpsp 09

dliedke
December 20th, 2006, 00:10
An emulator without any frame skip is amazing. Excellent work :thumbup:

amrod
December 20th, 2006, 01:18
my fav gba puzzle game works 100% :)

Gulroz Chang Poo ... highly recommend everyone try it

mkbin
December 20th, 2006, 01:51
turning the sound off makes golden sun 2 run full speed

Veskgar
December 20th, 2006, 02:35
I would like to send you money via paypal to show my support in hopes that you will not leave the homebrew dev scene, where should I sent it?

Last I knew you can send PayPal donations to:

[email protected]

shadowhawk22
December 20th, 2006, 04:12
Last I knew you can send PayPal donations to:

[email protected]

Nice idea. Maybe we could each donate a little, and really make Exophase's X-mas a grand one.

Exophase, can you tell us the details of your paypal account? Should we donate? Do you want us to?

xxcolbyxx
December 20th, 2006, 08:59
my fav gba puzzle game works 100% :)

Gulroz Chang Poo ... highly recommend everyone try it

By far, one of the greatest recommendations i've ever come across. :thumbup: What a quirky little game! But you wouldn't happen to have a translation of the intro? All i'm making out is that some bad "penguin" buddies are screwing things up and you are suppose to solve little image puzzles to clear the stage?

Hobobo
December 20th, 2006, 10:09
This is great =D

Keep up the good work exophase

matte_strand
December 20th, 2006, 18:34
hello, I have a little problem.... when I save in a game, "not save state" and resets the gpSP 0.9, my save files aint there??? its like that every time???what is wrong?? please help ...aahh one other thing when I play Golden sun (1), my psp frezzes when I try to take a water Djiin?? just water?? why

Thanks for a great gba emu!!!!

Sebur
December 21st, 2006, 01:53
I can't figure out how to put in cheats,
Can someone help me?

Kyros
December 21st, 2006, 02:35
Hi all, I am still having problems loading ROMs in gpSP v. 0.9, I am on Firmware v. 1.5 and I tried to reinstall gpSP v. 0.9 and all my ROMs load fine but once I exit and run gpSP again I can't load the ROMs anymore, all I get is a black screen and I have to exit via HOME. I tried to do what hlide heard but you have to actually load a ROM in order to load it's savestate. Is anyone going through the same problem? Is there anymore suggestions? Thanx for your time.

shadowhawk22
December 21st, 2006, 03:29
Kyros--- reformat your memory stick, and put back the gpsp .9 fresh from a download. That should do ya.

midnitejudge12
December 21st, 2006, 03:30
You are the man.

Ramza042
December 21st, 2006, 04:46
Now that I am running a good firmware ( I was loading this through eloader on 2.6 fw) I have to say.... DAMN! this rocks. :D The problem I was having with framskip is GONE.. even tekken advance (ran like crap before on this one and kai) is almost perfect.

Side note, this emulator is the reason I finally gave in and up(2.71)/down(1.5)/upgraded(2.71se-c).

MKSmoke
December 21st, 2006, 05:27
How do you use the cheats?

Kyros
December 22nd, 2006, 01:47
Sorry Shadowhawk22 I tried what you said but I still didn't get it to work. I deleted everything, formatted with Windows, formatted with the PSP, installed everything back and still nothing...just a deep...dark...black...no life...evil...screen :( ...Please help, I'm scared...!Huh, what was that noise! :eek: !Oh, It's just a box! :thumbup:

Kyros
December 22nd, 2006, 02:17
I figured it out!! I realized that it was the Audio buffer in Graphics and Sound options, I kept on setting it to 2048 bytes before I would load the ROMs because it said the lowest value will give the most responsive audio and once you reset gpSP that's when the Audio buffer takes effect, so I just set it back to 4096 and now the ROMs load again. I wonder why a lower value in Audio buffer would cause the ROMs not to load?

Jerec
December 22nd, 2006, 11:14
This emu is just great and it runs many games smoothly.
But when I run the Fire Emblem - Sacred Stone, the game crashes at battle. I tried with other series(Sealed Sword), but it also crashed.

How can I fix this problem?

heeroyun
December 22nd, 2006, 12:38
Im using custom 2.71 SE-C firmware and the emu crashed when i open it O_o

Digital.Mako45
December 23rd, 2006, 02:16
This is great, i can remember back when i was playing Pokemon at 1/10 speed on my psp, now i'm anxious too see it now. Good Work Exophase! :D

dj2005
December 23rd, 2006, 03:58
Hmm, does Golden Sun freeze for anyone else when absorbing a Mercury Djinn? Tried it about six times now.

matte_strand
December 23rd, 2006, 16:27
yes it crashes for me to when I absorb a Mercury Djinn..... every time! where are you in the game, I cant get the two last one's, is it the emu??

bye bye

dj2005
December 23rd, 2006, 19:53
yes it crashes for me to when I absorb a Mercury Djinn..... every time! where are you in the game, I cant get the two last one's, is it the emu??

bye bye

I'm in the Mercury Tower, trying to get the one behind the waterfall. Were you able to capture it? I suppose we could use the PC GBA emulator then take that save and put it on the PSP.

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 20:03
some games slower down a bit.......

matte_strand
December 23rd, 2006, 20:04
Hello again!! This is strange Im at the end of the game, the djiin that you are talking about, I got that one already!!! it all started after the new emu 0.9, maby it works better with a old one??? and one more thing do you have problem with saving in the game, if you save in the game not with "save slot"?!?!
when I restart my emu the save files are gone??

ok bye bye for now

dj2005
December 23rd, 2006, 20:16
Hello again!! This is strange Im at the end of the game, the djiin that you are talking about, I got that one already!!! it all started after the new emu 0.9, maby it works better with a old one??? and one more thing do you have problem with saving in the game, if you save in the game not with "save slot"?!?!
when I restart my emu the save files are gone??

ok bye bye for now

Both my savestates and my regular game saves (using the menu) work fine. Sometimes I need to load up the savestates twice to have them work, but works after that. I'll load up 0.8 and do this part, then go back to .9, then back to .8 when it happens again.

-edit- Worked perfectly in 0.8. Thanks for the help matte!

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 20:23
im also having problems on saving, i sav, the restart and nothing happends i look at the save stte and its corupted

dj2005
December 23rd, 2006, 20:25
Sounds like a problem with your rom.

scottyboynow
December 23rd, 2006, 20:34
I love playing pokemon and it works at full speed at 333mhz. I have to use gPSP v0.8 2.6 Kai (eloader) it wont work with anything else. Only if action replay codes work.

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 21:11
Sounds like a problem with your rom.
no problem with the rom

dj2005
December 23rd, 2006, 21:58
no problem with the rom

Well, saving works fine for me.

heeroyun
December 23rd, 2006, 22:57
Can u use cheat with this emulator
If it can , please tell me the details how to use it ^^

Thx in advantage

Tinnus
December 23rd, 2006, 23:30
...and the original links provided by Exophase are still missing. Too bad.

I wonder why he didn't complain himself though?

bugme
December 24th, 2006, 00:13
I know everyone will think i'm a noob for this but where do i get the bios for this? I went to http://www.etree.org/md5com.html but i couldn't figure it out. Please help, 'cause i really want to play this!!

matte_strand
December 24th, 2006, 08:51
dj2005, no problem at all.
It works just fine for me to, and now it's time for golden sun 2!!!!

Bye bye for now

LAMPRO
December 24th, 2006, 09:37
wowo weewo this is fast..

noticeable speed increase from .8

great job exo.. took me a while to update but this is nice improvement.

keep it up. exo 733t.

Gold Line
December 24th, 2006, 11:46
Can u use cheat with this emulator
If it can , please tell me the details how to use it ^^

Thx in advantage

read the readme that came with gpSP09

kharaboudjan
December 24th, 2006, 13:41
YOU ARE THE MAAAN!!

I thank u soo very much, the gba emulation is one of the main reason i bought the psp :D

this is the most impressive emulator for the psp together with NJs CPS2 emu. perhaps u 2 guys could do a N64 emu together (just kidding i know NJ is japanese)

but seriously, when i play gpsp and CPS2 i see the potential for the psp to play even greater and more advanced systems emulated 100 % full speed. i hope ppl get inspired by your splendid work to code the emu from scratch and not to do a port :D

MANY THANX AND MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PSP USERS IN SWEDEN :D

Mr.Denny
December 24th, 2006, 14:24
excellent!

Haven`t tried this emu in quite awhile.

SteveV2
December 24th, 2006, 20:15
1st time i've had a problem but tonight, loaded up pokemon leaf green, loaded my save in, all fine. Played for about 30mins or so and it all just froze up. 1st time in 50 hours of play. The last 49 hours and 30 mins were played via 0.8.

It's also got a 4 frameskip everytime it's loaded up. Is there a way to keep it back to 0? Not a major nag but this emu really does not need a frame skip at all :)

Exoskeletor
December 25th, 2006, 07:23
double dragon crashes

chrono75
December 26th, 2006, 02:55
How do I go about using the cheat function? :) I am lost here and would like to know how!

Keep up the amazing work and perhaps you could make a spiffy gui for the next release? However, I'm 110% fine with what you've created now.
My hat goes off to you!

chrono75
December 26th, 2006, 02:59
Smoke, I was wondering the same thing. This confused me to death, so now I'm looking for the answer... Best of luck to you!

sly123
December 26th, 2006, 17:03
Well. I just want to thank the coder for this superb emulator.
it really works so fast.
When i think back to the time the emus were so slow that i almost gave up hope :).
But this runs even better than the snes emu.

Thank you Exophase for your masterpiece ^^ and merry Xmas to all :thumbup:

kalhalla
December 27th, 2006, 06:50
awesome the music in FFTA doesnt drive me nuts anymore

Thanks for fixing the bass sound!!!!!

zodttd
December 27th, 2006, 14:37
Keep up the good work Exophase and hope you enjoyed your vacation. :)

SiZiOUS
December 27th, 2006, 14:44
Just a post to say Thank You Exophase for all. :)

mog
December 28th, 2006, 15:06
Thank you Exophase, this update is great... FFT (and the other Final Fantasies) look,play AND sound great too now! :)

I think I can now finally put my gba into retirement. :D

I will keep on only using official versions, unless the creators of other versions have recieved permission from you.
Please keep up the good work, we really appreciate it. :)

joitobadboy
December 31st, 2006, 02:08
as I install the emulator
I need urgent help

joitobadboy
December 31st, 2006, 02:09
how install the emulator
I need urgent help

joitobadboy
December 31st, 2006, 02:10
how install the emulator
I need urgent help

isamu
January 2nd, 2007, 00:36
This is great Exophade! Some games may run a bit slow now, but it should be a non issue once the rumored 1.0Ghz firmware update is released.

theninfort
January 2nd, 2007, 02:02
How do I load cheats? Or even use them? =O

totoff28
January 3rd, 2007, 16:35
Thanks For Help

i'm fan to GBAemu for PSP
thanks Exophase

but this is compatible GPSP 0.9 to firmware 3.02 OE-B ?????

please help me :thumbup:
thanks

tsurumaru
January 4th, 2007, 00:43
Yes ;)

kiariki
January 6th, 2007, 21:53
I'd like to know how can you permanently save the settings? Every time I restart the emulator, the settings reset.

sakamoto
January 7th, 2007, 13:13
first of all, many thanks to Exophase! he did a fantastic job!!

secondly, i would like to know if someone has been able to get cheats working for Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap

i want to have inf health especially. the master code and cheat show up in the menu and i am able to activate these but it doesnt seem to work.

i have the right bios with md5sum a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (Released on January 12, 2005)
Software Title: GBAZELDA MC
Game Serial: AGB-BZME-USA
Maker Code: 01
Publisher: Nintendo
Version: 1.0
Logo Code: OK
Complement: D8h
Save Type: EEPROM_V124
File Size: 128 mbit (16777216 bytes)
CRC32: ABCEBBB1

Mario254
January 7th, 2007, 15:22
this works on 2.80 right? just making sure, and if so what one do i use the 150 file or the gpSP download file?

sakamoto
January 7th, 2007, 20:28
Thanks For Help

i'm fan to GBAemu for PSP
thanks Exophase

but this is compatible GPSP 0.9 to firmware 3.02 OE-B ?????

please help me :thumbup:
thanks
yes it is compatible. i'm currently playing gpsp 0.9 with 3.03 OE-A' ;-)

Mario254
January 8th, 2007, 10:03
no one knows if it works on 2.80?

razorak
January 8th, 2007, 10:06
why don't u try it?

or u could downgrade...

yinfon
January 8th, 2007, 17:20
Am having trouble, it says i need a gba bios image thing, can some1 send me 1, or give me a site to 1 :)

gr42178
January 8th, 2007, 17:30
Am having trouble, it says i need a gba bios image thing, can some1 send me 1, or give me a site to 1 :)

That is illegal to distribute, you cant ask for that here....dump your own or google is your friend...

Seelbreaker
January 8th, 2007, 23:36
have trouble with playing super mario world 3, yoshis island, is this normal? Because, when i select a new file the game crashes and i just could come back to the gpsp menu.

Greedz
Seelbreaker

€: I've looked up the list and have to say, that the speed is great (jep on yoshis island it is better then on Snes9X TYL ;) ) but it crashes when the intro begins, it looks like the complete intro is totaly buggy, i've got some different intros because of pixel errors ^^

1. where Yoshi felt into nothing after his first jump (couldn't land somewhere). <--- This version comes in 3 or 4 Color versions :P
2. Yoshi jump on a pixelblog and has next on his left side a pixel blog where he couldn't pass and want to press it away.
3. Yoshi jump on a pixelblog and is going to walk to the left into "water" and stands then still.

btw. how does it works with other GBA-Emu?... thats the nasty thing on it, but i hope that it would be soon fixed *crossing fingers*

So... look like you have to get the Games playable hm? <--- Would be the greatest thing ever!
Anyway great work =)

Mario254
January 9th, 2007, 08:37
why don't u try it?

or u could downgrade...
is there a 2.80 downgrader yet? that wont end up bricking my psp

JKKDARK
January 9th, 2007, 08:39
is there a 2.80 downgrader yet? that wont end up bricking my psp

no, there isn't

Mario254
January 9th, 2007, 11:59
then so much for downgrading huh razorak? so since no1 else said something im guessing that this wont work on 2.80 huh?

tsurumaru
January 9th, 2007, 12:11
then so much for downgrading huh razorak? so since no1 else said something im guessing that this wont work on 2.80 huh?

Stop being lazy and try it its not exactly hard to download a few files to your PSP! There aren't many people left on 2.80 as there are three different options for downgraders now. You don't even mention what motherboard you are on so I can't recommend a specific one to you however here they all are:

2.80 to 1.5 non TA082 (Dark AleX)
2.80 to 1.5 for TA082's (0okm)
2.80 to 2.71 (0okm) then 2.71 to 1.5 (Dark AleX)

JKKDARK is probably referring to the fact that if you can't be bothered to try this out yourself we wouldn't hold up much hope for your ability to downgrade....

Good luck.

Mario254
January 10th, 2007, 15:20
Stop being lazy and try it its not exactly hard to download a few files to your PSP! There aren't many people left on 2.80 as there are three different options for downgraders now. You don't even mention what motherboard you are on so I can't recommend a specific one to you however here they all are:

2.80 to 1.5 non TA082 (Dark AleX)
2.80 to 1.5 for TA082's (0okm)
2.80 to 2.71 (0okm) then 2.71 to 1.5 (Dark AleX)

JKKDARK is probably referring to the fact that if you can't be bothered to try this out yourself we wouldn't hold up much hope for your ability to downgrade....

Good luck.
well then, not to be rude.. but how about instead of trying to talk tough to me over the internet, how about you tell me what motherboard i have? i open the umd door, and i checked the top right and left of the motherboard, and there are no numbers there :) so how about you help out instead of trying to pick a fight?

all i did was ask for a yes it works or no it doesnt, and when u are running a 56k connection downloading 2 files is like a 600lb man trying to run a triathalon so i just asked for a little bit of help b4 i left my computer on for 2 weeks downloading something that wouldnt work in the fist place. so again all that i just said up there wasnt to be rude, but you came at me with an additude without knowing the situation on my end, so if you can tell me what kind of motherboard doesnt have any visible markings on it and then tell me of a sure-fire way that i can downgrade it with 0% risk of bricking, please let me know