Thread: Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

Quote Originally Posted by Vega
    so the actual emu looks like this ?

f:/n64/1.5 (the rom will be below the 1.5 foler)/psp/game/monk

is this right? sorry for being a nuisance

Taken directly from the readme file for the emu:

// To Use
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    1) Create a folder labled "n64" on the root of your memory stick.
    2) Copy your roms into the "n64" folder (roms MUST NOT be zipped).
    ..) Example "G:\n64\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
    3) Copy the files from the folder containing your psp version number
    ..) Example, 1.0 users will go into 1.0 folder and copy the psp directory to the root of the memory stick.
    4) Run the software

So, the roms go in the "G:\n64\" folder (replace G: with your psp drive letter), and the files in the 1.0/1.5 folder go in "G:\PSP\GAME\" folder.

It will then look like this on your PSP (I am on a 2.0, so I use the 1.0 folder and eboot):

G:\n64\ -your roms go here-
    G:\PSP\GAME\Monkey64\eboot.pbp

PSmonkey your still working on this emulator now right. Not trying to be rushing you or anything its just you usually give us news about your progress every day and I only have beenseeing threads on the new release now. If your taking a break and working on IRIS or something thats kool i understand. Or if your just taking a break period and you want to relax a bit with your girl friend that is kool too. Just wanted to know if you were working ont his emulator and you have no news to post or anything. Well good luck you have my full 100% support.

Does this work on 2.6 WITHOUT Gta and eLoader? Hell, does any homebrew work like that on 2.6? If not I'm gonna buy GTA as soon as my exams are over...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrikke
    Does this work on 2.6 WITHOUT Gta and eLoader? Hell, does any homebrew work like that on 2.6? If not I'm gonna buy GTA as soon as my exams are over...
    Heh, unless Sony leaks source, no direct homebrew for 2.6.

Anyway... Well done on improving your emulator over the test release, it is really something. Goldeneye is coming closer and closer now, but I'm wondering if the PSPs CPU will be strong enough for it. If it is.. well, we'll see. Doubt you'll read this comment, but Doom 64 seems to run with some graphical interface. It isn't playable, but I didn't expect it to be anyway. Wish you luck on future development of this emulator, and good luck with the recompiler, they can be tricky buggers :P

Ya good luck PSmonkey I look foward to you newest projects. And ideas. This build was amzing for a test release and im sure your next release will finaly show the world that PSP can boot Mario 64 and we can stick it strait to those Nintendo DS owners. Quote my little brother lol he still thinks that that lousy piece of junk was a good investment i get him a PSP for his birthday and he trades it into Game Crazy and gets a Nintendo DS. Couldn't believe it. Well great work PSmonkey you have my full 100% support.

Ya good luck PSmonkey I look foward to you newest projects. And ideas. This build was amzing for a test release and im sure your next release will finaly show the world that PSP can boot Mario 64 and we can stick it strait to those Nintendo DS owners. Quote my little brother lol he still thinks that that lousy piece of junk was a good investment i get him a PSP for his birthday and he trades it into Game Crazy and gets a Nintendo DS. Couldn't believe it. Well great work PSmonkey you have my full 100% support.
    Whats wrong with the NDS???????!!!!!!!!!???????????? I got a DS and a PSP, and I like them both. When I go on a realy long car trip I bring both. The PSP has better homebrew capabilitys, but the DS has better actual games. In my oppion there equal. And to call it junk? Shame on you. Sorry to go off topic

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Thanks for the help hockey, the emu is now recognizing the rom. Awesome!

Yeah Monkey, superb work! remember to keep us updated man! Theres a helluva lot of tabs on The Monkey!

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo
    Whats wrong with the NDS???????!!!!!!!!!???????????? I got a DS and a PSP, and I like them both. When I go on a realy long car trip I bring both. The PSP has better homebrew capabilitys, but the DS has better actual games. In my oppion there equal. And to call it junk? Shame on you. Sorry to go off topic
    I did not say that there was anything wrong with the Nintendo DS its just that my little brother was a fool to trade in his PSP for a Nintendo DS. Because I think I speak for everyone when I say taht PSP is better than Nintendo DS.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

You don't speak for everyone if you consider that the DS is outselling the PSP by miles in Japan.
    http://game-science.com/news/001306.php

Nice release PSMonkey

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum
    PSmonkey your still working on this emulator now right. Not trying to be rushing you or anything its just you usually give us news about your progress every day and I only have beenseeing threads on the new release now. If your taking a break and working on IRIS or something thats kool i understand. Or if your just taking a break period and you want to relax a bit with your girl friend that is kool too. Just wanted to know if you were working ont his emulator and you have no news to post or anything. Well good luck you have my full 100% support.
    Well last night i was beat so i did not accomplish much. I was up till 3am trying to inroduce tile/texture loading rdp instructions but they are not working correctly yet. I today have been trying to take care of my gf since she is sick & as well i am just more physicaly drained then I realised. Tonight I will get back on textures.

FYI, 1.1 release will probably only be what we have now but with textures working. It might be a week or two till we see mario up & running.

Thread Information